Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE
Thanks to Telnet for making it possible.
I will look into this issue more in depth. However for now have you tried removing all other drives from your motherboard and just leaving the SSD connected ? Another member has success by doing that. Something else to try while I look into the issue would be to try updating the SSD in another system if at all possible as it may be the SATA controller.
If none of the above works I will be looking into the problem to see if I can suggest anything else.
Ok - thanks for the info. I had tried with only the SSD connected without success, so I checked out the process and thread again, and finally got it to work by combining all the steps I have tried and read ;
I had to disconnect the Western Digital disk drive on my system, and due to the 'frozen security' type issues I was having I left the SSD drive unconnected and booted to DOS. I reconnected it (in case it is relevent I used SATA 5 on my motherboard since SATA 0/1 may cause problems from what I have read), and ran HDAT2. HDAT2 did finally see the drive, but would not let me restore the settings (I did'nt note the warning but it mentioned HPA) until I selected the next menu option (Hidden Areas Test) and temporarily disabled HPA (from memory - I think that is what it is called). Tried the restore in the DCO menu again and it worked !
I then went back to the Intel Toolbox and it now allows me to run/use Optimizer as if it is an Intel drive - a very big thank you to you and Telnet for your help and this guide.