Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › How to get your Kingston 40GB SSD to support TRIM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to get your Kingston 40GB SSD to support TRIM - Page 7

post #61 of 285
I got the same email from Kingston support when enquiring about TRIM for my 64GB model.

Useless gets.

When I run the command prompt to ensure I have TRIM enabled it comes back as a 0 even though I'm currently on RAID0 Raptors as the Kingston is in my HP tablet (trying out how it improves battery performance, so far looking like a threefold increase - 1.5 hrs into 4.5hrs )
post #62 of 285
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampler View Post
I got the same email from Kingston support when enquiring about TRIM for my 64GB model.

Useless gets.

When I run the command prompt to ensure I have TRIM enabled it comes back as a 0 even though I'm currently on RAID0 Raptors as the Kingston is in my HP tablet (trying out how it improves battery performance, so far looking like a threefold increase - 1.5 hrs into 4.5hrs )
Hmm well at least their customers can get some support here with regards to Trim lol

That's interesting that TRIM reports as active for you with RAID as that should not be possible as TRIM currently cannot be passed through RAID controllers. They are supposed to later on in the future.
post #63 of 285
Are we supposed to be able to run Intel SSD tools after we update the firmware and enable TRIM?
On my system SSD Tools will not work, it says Intel SSD only.
Not running AHCI btw.

I wonder if the fact I had to delete HPA to enable Trim means that my SSD is different in a way.
post #64 of 285
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano2k View Post
Are we supposed to be able to run Intel SSD tools after we update the firmware and enable TRIM?
On my system SSD Tools will not work, it says Intel SSD only.
Not running AHCI btw.

I wonder if the fact I had to delete HPA to enable Trim means that my SSD is different in a way.
No Intel SSD will not work for anybody without first modifying it which is something you can find here : http://www.overclock.net/ssd/642728-...ssds-fw-2.html

I may add this to my guide later to make life easier.
post #65 of 285
This is awesome.
Props to Kingston support for that.
It goes to show, where the company is working well and where it isn't.

Kingston Support is top notch and going a step further!
That's something like I'd do. If was supporting a product.

But I would have known its for 40GB only, but regardless. It is the thought that counts.

Now only if, they can get better management of the firmware parts and good team of 3 people on top of firmware at all times and we'll be in nand heaven.

I completely understand why no firmware for this drive from kingston them selves. When the head of tech says at ces, Intel told them no you cannot use it, putting up a berlin wall around TRIM support from them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSommer View Post
Hi Jan

Thanks for your email,

I am afraid we will not be releasing any update for this drive

However, you might get what you want from the following link

http://www.overclock.net/ssd/ssd/ssd...-40gb-ssd.html

(Note that we do not support wha's explain on this link)


Regards
post #66 of 285
Hi,
I've flashed to 02HD. But now my SSD capacity is 8MB!
I have seen in hdat2 that 39.99Go is taken by HPA and 8MB is available.
But I can't change nothing without error.
I've got a message: "for devices [kingston ...] exists no acces"
All changes are systematically aborted.

I believe that the SSD wasn't correctly flashed. How can I reflash it (to 02HU or 02HD) ?

Thanks
post #67 of 285
Just by the by, but if anyone has any firmware updating issues, it might be worth hassling Intel and pretending you have an Intel X25-V Value SATA SSD.

Just don't forget to omit any mention of Kingston! After all it's their stupid fault we all have to go through this, so we should annoy them as much as possible.

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/x25v/
post #68 of 285
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafalecureuil View Post
Hi,
I've flashed to 02HD. But now my SSD capacity is 8MB!
I have seen in hdat2 that 39.99Go is taken by HPA and 8MB is available.
But I can't change nothing without error.
I've got a message: "for devices [kingston ...] exists no acces"
All changes are systematically aborted.

I believe that the SSD wasn't correctly flashed. How can I reflash it (to 02HU or 02HD) ?

Thanks
It seems more like a problem is HDAT2 than the firmware. SO you cannot restore your drive config via DCO at all ? If that's the case then you can try and reflash the SSD again. However I would suggest you re-obtain the firmware again from this thread and start fresh. I still think this is an issue within HDAT2
post #69 of 285
I burnt Hdat2 4.71 to a cd and just the exe on a memory stick but i get an bios error on both of these. I then tried hdat2 4.53 and that worked a treat, it now shows trim in win7.

Could there be a problem with hdat2 4.71?
I've noticed that you've used 4.7 in your guide.
post #70 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
SO you cannot restore your drive config via DCO at all ?
No I can't.

I've noted that the serial number is now BAD_CTX. They are some people with same problem when falshing an intel SSD.

I don't know how to reflash because ISSDFUT says that the SSD is already flashed to HD.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SSD
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › How to get your Kingston 40GB SSD to support TRIM