The building of the HD-PSU Rack is done and it is mounted to the case by machine screws. All that's left for the bracket is some sanding and finishing work before I finally get to start the painting and cosmetic side of the mod.
I did have time to do a little bit of paint testing, I want to make sure it's going to look good before doing the real deal after all. Below is a bit of the translucent red that is supposed to look like anodizing. It's not fully hardened yet but it looks great on the aluminum.
If people are wondering about the paint colors and cosmetic next steps;
- The interior of the case will be a flat black with red accents such as the PSU rack
- The outer sides of the shell will be flat white with the logos painted gloss black
- The covering for the center of the machine will be a combination of gloss and flat black
- The handles will be white of the outside and black inside
- The case will have lighting, I am thinking white.
- And I plan to reuse the original power switch and LEDs after a bit of soldering of course to work with an ATX board.
Now all I need is a bit of sunny dry weather to start painting