Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Other Hardware Mods › Cables and Sleeving › Cable Sleeving Gallery & Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cable Sleeving Gallery & Discussion - Page 623

post #6221 of 14342
when I take pics I open paint and make a full white screen and turn my light off and use it as the only light source
990fx sabertooth
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 SABERTOOTH 990FX NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Patriot Memory  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Patriot Memory  Corsair Force III Western Digital Caviar Black Seagate Barracuda  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite On Combo drive Thermaltake Frio Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit Gateway 21.5 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cyborg V.5 Thermaltake 850 Watt NZXT Lexa S Razer Naga molten 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Home Made  
  hide details  
Reply
990fx sabertooth
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 SABERTOOTH 990FX NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 Patriot Memory  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Patriot Memory  Corsair Force III Western Digital Caviar Black Seagate Barracuda  
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite On Combo drive Thermaltake Frio Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit Gateway 21.5 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cyborg V.5 Thermaltake 850 Watt NZXT Lexa S Razer Naga molten 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Home Made  
  hide details  
Reply
post #6222 of 14342
Hey guys I have a question about a wire I found while starting to sleeve my Tx750. This is the first time that I have sleeved a PSU and I have found a wire that is actually 2 wires. I assume this is normal, do I just sleeve it like I have the last ones? Here is what it looks like.

450
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.01GHz EVGA SLI3 Sapphire R9 290 8GB Corsair XMS DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorPower
Crucuial M4 256GB Seagate 1TB ASUS VH232H 23" 1080p Corsair TX750 
Case
Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.01GHz EVGA SLI3 Sapphire R9 290 8GB Corsair XMS DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorPower
Crucuial M4 256GB Seagate 1TB ASUS VH232H 23" 1080p Corsair TX750 
Case
Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6223 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraXxus1549 View Post

Hey guys I have a question about a wire I found while starting to sleeve my Tx750. This is the first time that I have sleeved a PSU and I have found a wire that is actually 2 wires. I assume this is normal, do I just sleeve it like I have the last ones? Here is what it looks like.

What i did was cut one wire off and then reattach it further up the other one so you have a Y soldiered connection. Each section of the Y is then sleeved. just when you do this cut a longer piece of heat-shrink to cover the soldier joint and the 3 other pieces you use to attach the sleeving, it results look quite neat this way.

this method was also shown way back in the thread i forgot who did it.

i need to disconnect one of my cables cause i twisted it the wrong way. so when i do ill take a photo of how i did it, but that wont be till tomorrow its late here,
Project EVA
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 2600K Asus z77 sabertooth Gigabyte GTX980 Gigabyte GTX980 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb patriot Viper 3 (8gbx2) Kingston Hyper X SSD Western Digital Black Western Digital Black 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 24" LG WP2442-BF BenQ XL2420Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Seasonic X1050 Silverstone FT02 Mionix naos  
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Destructor II Astro A40  Asus Xonar STX Swan M50w 
  hide details  
Reply
Project EVA
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 2600K Asus z77 sabertooth Gigabyte GTX980 Gigabyte GTX980 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb patriot Viper 3 (8gbx2) Kingston Hyper X SSD Western Digital Black Western Digital Black 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 24" LG WP2442-BF BenQ XL2420Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Seasonic X1050 Silverstone FT02 Mionix naos  
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Destructor II Astro A40  Asus Xonar STX Swan M50w 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6224 of 14342
Need some advice, evreytime i go on MDPC-X to try and get heatshrink it is closed. I'm looking for all black 5/16 heatshrink with thin walls so that is will fit into connectors(like mentioned at the start of this thread.) Because i never seem to be on MDPC-X at the right time, what are my alternatives?

Also trying to decide is i want to fully sleeve my PSU. I know this will void the warranty, but is it worth the risk:/

It wasn't that expensive, but id rather not pay again if it did break down. What does evreyone think?
post #6225 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukegrimbley View Post

Also trying to decide is i want to fully sleeve my PSU. I know this will void the warranty, but is it worth the risk:/

Don't let others decide that for you. We're not going to pay for your new PSU are we? tongue.gif

Did you consider to sleeve right up to the PSU and then use an oversized heatshrink for the last few inches of the whole cable bundle?
Lori Lemaris 023
(21 items)
 
Felicity Harmon
(23 items)
 
Moneypenny
(12 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Lori Lemaris 023
(21 items)
 
Felicity Harmon
(23 items)
 
Moneypenny
(12 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6226 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSK View Post

Did you consider to sleeve right up to the PSU and then use an oversized heatshrink for the last few inches of the whole cable bundle?

If i was going to void it anyway i would probably just do it all single sleeved right down to the PSU. I'll do my fans, controller and internal connectors first, then see how i like it. If i feel it needs more i can do the PSU. Otherwise ill just end up buying pre sleeved extensions.

Still need to find and order heatshrink aswell:/
post #6227 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukegrimbley View Post

Need some advice, evreytime i go on MDPC-X to try and get heatshrink it is closed. I'm looking for all black 5/16 heatshrink with thin walls so that is will fit into connectors(like mentioned at the start of this thread.) Because i never seem to be on MDPC-X at the right time, what are my alternatives?
Also trying to decide is i want to fully sleeve my PSU. I know this will void the warranty, but is it worth the risk:/
It wasn't that expensive, but id rather not pay again if it did break down. What does evreyone think?

In my guides there is a link to some great heatshrink while its not mdpc it should get the job done. I would try my best to get it from mdpc however. Please check the link in my sig. -it will be on the third post in the faq-

Personally from seeing as much sleeving as I have seen in my lifetime, it is worth voiding your warranty, as it looks that much better. Any other method looks terrible. Although extensions are a good alternative.

But in the end it is up to you to take that jump. However if you take your time nothing will go wrong.
post #6228 of 14342
any verdict on ftwpc?
post #6229 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutro0 View Post

In my guides there is a link to some great heatshrink while its not mdpc it should get the job done. I would try my best to get it from mdpc however. Please check the link in my sig. -it will be on the third post in the faq-
Personally from seeing as much sleeving as I have seen in my lifetime, it is worth voiding your warranty, as it looks that much better. Any other method looks terrible. Although extensions are a good alternative.
But in the end it is up to you to take that jump. However if you take your time nothing will go wrong.

Thanks for the help. Going to try and go on MDPC during the day when i am at college and not work.

Also think i will try and sleeve the PSU, i dont think it will feel done if i dont. Waiting on some blue led strips and my fan controller form RMA, then ill get started. I'll be sure to post how things go on this thread:)
post #6230 of 14342
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzitser View Post

any verdict on ftwpc?

I dont know about their new sleeving, but the last time I got ahold of their heatshrink, it was not really the best and I would stick to mdpc or the suggested.
I thought I heard they were changing that to but I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukegrimbley View Post

Thanks for the help. Going to try and go on MDPC during the day when i am at college and not work.
Also think i will try and sleeve the PSU, i dont think it will feel done if i dont. Waiting on some blue led strips and my fan controller form RMA, then ill get started. I'll be sure to post how things go on this thread:)

thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cables and Sleeving
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Other Hardware Mods › Cables and Sleeving › Cable Sleeving Gallery & Discussion