Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] --The Asus P6X58D Premium & E Thread--
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] --The Asus P6X58D Premium & E Thread-- - Page 116

post #1151 of 6378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamos169 View Post
Update will now boot but bsod "d1"" any one had that befor? i will try upping the offset...
Good guess, I think the same, up vcore in steps till you get to 0.09, if still happens go back and try up with dram to 1.6, my previous reapers couldn't do 1.5v even @ 1600 CL9 so who knows...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @4.4Ghz 1.33v Asus Rampage III Black Edition 2x Palit GTX 580 3GB Corsair Dominator GT 3x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 256GB; 2x2TB WD20EARS LG DVD+/-RW BD-ROM Windows 7 x64 Pro 3x Dell Alienware AW2310 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder X6 Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W Lian Li PC-A77B Custom Water Cooled SteelSeries Ikari 
Mouse Pad
CM Storm Tactics 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @4.4Ghz 1.33v Asus Rampage III Black Edition 2x Palit GTX 580 3GB Corsair Dominator GT 3x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 256GB; 2x2TB WD20EARS LG DVD+/-RW BD-ROM Windows 7 x64 Pro 3x Dell Alienware AW2310 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder X6 Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W Lian Li PC-A77B Custom Water Cooled SteelSeries Ikari 
Mouse Pad
CM Storm Tactics 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1152 of 6378
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke997 View Post
lol I'm in the same boat, happened to me too when started playing with it first time
Hehe thanks for that bois, i'm almost stable tho i have had more blue screens this eve than for ages, 124, 001 i even just had a 000 what ever that is!
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2GHz 1.33V Asus P6X58D Ex 5870 Lightning G-Skill Trident (1600MHz) 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gb Intel X25-M gen2 + 1Tb samsung F1 Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 64 bit Lg 27" Flatron "m2762d" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft/Razor Corsair HX 850 Antec 1200 Razor Death Adder 4000Dpi 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Sota 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2GHz 1.33V Asus P6X58D Ex 5870 Lightning G-Skill Trident (1600MHz) 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gb Intel X25-M gen2 + 1Tb samsung F1 Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 64 bit Lg 27" Flatron "m2762d" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft/Razor Corsair HX 850 Antec 1200 Razor Death Adder 4000Dpi 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Sota 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1153 of 6378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamos169 View Post
Hehe thanks for that bois, i'm almost stable tho i have had more blue screens this eve than for ages, 124, 001 i even just had a 000 what ever that is!
Good job, I bet your temps now will be a nice reward

What do you run for stability tests?
Edited by luke997 - 3/11/10 at 3:32pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @4.4Ghz 1.33v Asus Rampage III Black Edition 2x Palit GTX 580 3GB Corsair Dominator GT 3x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 256GB; 2x2TB WD20EARS LG DVD+/-RW BD-ROM Windows 7 x64 Pro 3x Dell Alienware AW2310 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder X6 Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W Lian Li PC-A77B Custom Water Cooled SteelSeries Ikari 
Mouse Pad
CM Storm Tactics 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @4.4Ghz 1.33v Asus Rampage III Black Edition 2x Palit GTX 580 3GB Corsair Dominator GT 3x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 256GB; 2x2TB WD20EARS LG DVD+/-RW BD-ROM Windows 7 x64 Pro 3x Dell Alienware AW2310 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder X6 Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W Lian Li PC-A77B Custom Water Cooled SteelSeries Ikari 
Mouse Pad
CM Storm Tactics 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1154 of 6378
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke997 View Post
Good job, I bet your temps now will be a nice reward

What do you run for stability tests?
Currently running prime 95 (as just befor bed and i'll leave it on over night) then tommorrow i will do 20 runs on intel burn test, then another 20 with 3dmark running too, is that ok? Cpu temp atm is 68*c max core is 76*c, not bad for 4.2 with h/t, what temps are you getting?
And thank you for all your help (can i give you rep twice? lol)
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2GHz 1.33V Asus P6X58D Ex 5870 Lightning G-Skill Trident (1600MHz) 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gb Intel X25-M gen2 + 1Tb samsung F1 Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 64 bit Lg 27" Flatron "m2762d" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft/Razor Corsair HX 850 Antec 1200 Razor Death Adder 4000Dpi 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Sota 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2GHz 1.33V Asus P6X58D Ex 5870 Lightning G-Skill Trident (1600MHz) 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gb Intel X25-M gen2 + 1Tb samsung F1 Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 64 bit Lg 27" Flatron "m2762d" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft/Razor Corsair HX 850 Antec 1200 Razor Death Adder 4000Dpi 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Sota 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1155 of 6378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamos169 View Post
Currently running prime 95 (as just befor bed and i'll leave it on over night) then tommorrow i will do 20 runs on intel burn test, then another 20 with 3dmark running too, is that ok? Cpu temp atm is 68*c max core is 76*c, not bad for 4.2 with h/t, what temps are you getting?
Good tests, if it survives it you're good to go... to 4.4 lol

Worst I get is 79 on hottest core and 63 on CPU in IBT (8 threads, Very High, 20 loops), a bit lower in Prime95.
Ca. 5-7 less of each if I put the rig on top of desk.

Do you get vcore drop to ~1v when idle and better idle temps?
Do you get the squaling/whining with the C1E set to Enabled when CPU vcore floats ~ 1.2-1.3 after load when not switched to low vcore yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamos169 View Post
And thank you for all your help (can i give you rep twice? lol)
Glad could help!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @4.4Ghz 1.33v Asus Rampage III Black Edition 2x Palit GTX 580 3GB Corsair Dominator GT 3x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 256GB; 2x2TB WD20EARS LG DVD+/-RW BD-ROM Windows 7 x64 Pro 3x Dell Alienware AW2310 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder X6 Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W Lian Li PC-A77B Custom Water Cooled SteelSeries Ikari 
Mouse Pad
CM Storm Tactics 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @4.4Ghz 1.33v Asus Rampage III Black Edition 2x Palit GTX 580 3GB Corsair Dominator GT 3x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 256GB; 2x2TB WD20EARS LG DVD+/-RW BD-ROM Windows 7 x64 Pro 3x Dell Alienware AW2310 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder X6 Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W Lian Li PC-A77B Custom Water Cooled SteelSeries Ikari 
Mouse Pad
CM Storm Tactics 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1156 of 6378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamos169 View Post
Currently running prime 95 (as just befor bed and i'll leave it on over night) then tommorrow i will do 20 runs on intel burn test, then another 20 with 3dmark running too, is that ok? Cpu temp atm is 68*c max core is 76*c, not bad for 4.2 with h/t, what temps are you getting?
And thank you for all your help (can i give you rep twice? lol)
if ur going to use IBT Make sure u set it to 8 threads or just use LinX and 20 passes of one of those should be enough then running prime all night
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770K ASUS Maximus V Gene HD 7970 HD 7970 
RAMCoolingMonitorPower
Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2 x 8GB) H20 CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27" Enermax 1050W Revolution 85+ 
Case
Danger Den Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770K ASUS Maximus V Gene HD 7970 HD 7970 
RAMCoolingMonitorPower
Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2 x 8GB) H20 CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27" Enermax 1050W Revolution 85+ 
Case
Danger Den Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1157 of 6378
Guys do you know if you rearrange sata ports like if you put the main hdd from sata1 to sata6 if it will have problems with starting up and detecting windows? is it secific to the port you first installed windows or other os's on it?

Also guys can you guys recommend the best setup on how I should plug in my Sata cables so my cables the least tangled? I was thinking about putting my intel 160gb SSD in sata1 with my samsung spinpoint f3 1tb hdd in sata2 and then putting my DVD burner in sata 5.

Does anyone know what the red sata cable in the sniper case is for? is that used for the esata on the top of my case? do i just plug that in 1 of the free sata ports on my mb? because I plan to plug it in sata6.

I have a storm sniper case and a asus p6x58d motherboard.
Thanks for the help guys. ^^
Storm Sniper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 [3951A687] 4.01GHz@1.23v ASUS P6X58D Premium SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5870 1GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline 6GB (3 x 2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1xIntel X25-M 160GB G2 1xSAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer Black Internal Blu-ray Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra-thin Illuminated CORSAIR CMPSU-850HX 850W CM Storm Sniper Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
steelseries SX 
  hide details  
Reply
Storm Sniper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 [3951A687] 4.01GHz@1.23v ASUS P6X58D Premium SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5870 1GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline 6GB (3 x 2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1xIntel X25-M 160GB G2 1xSAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer Black Internal Blu-ray Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra-thin Illuminated CORSAIR CMPSU-850HX 850W CM Storm Sniper Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
steelseries SX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1158 of 6378
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke997 View Post
Good tests, if it survives it you're good to go... to 4.4 lol

Worst I get is 79 on hottest core and 63 on CPU in IBT (8 threads, Very High, 20 loops), a bit lower in Prime95.
Ca. 5-7 less of each if I put the rig on top of desk.

Do you get vcore drop to ~1v when idle and better idle temps?
Do you get the squaling/whining with the C1E set to Enabled when CPU vcore floats ~ 1.2-1.3 after load when not switched to low vcore yet?



Glad could help!
hehe, i have just had to up the vcore again, o and as i'm typing this i just got another bsod 124!!! ahhh i have speed step disabled atm so i can't really tell, i will update you on that one when stable!
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2GHz 1.33V Asus P6X58D Ex 5870 Lightning G-Skill Trident (1600MHz) 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gb Intel X25-M gen2 + 1Tb samsung F1 Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 64 bit Lg 27" Flatron "m2762d" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft/Razor Corsair HX 850 Antec 1200 Razor Death Adder 4000Dpi 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Sota 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2GHz 1.33V Asus P6X58D Ex 5870 Lightning G-Skill Trident (1600MHz) 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gb Intel X25-M gen2 + 1Tb samsung F1 Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 64 bit Lg 27" Flatron "m2762d" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft/Razor Corsair HX 850 Antec 1200 Razor Death Adder 4000Dpi 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Sota 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1159 of 6378
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisron View Post
Guys do you know if you rearrange sata ports like if you put the main hdd from sata1 to sata6 if it will have problems with starting up and detecting windows? is it secific to the port you first installed windows or other os's on it?

Also guys can you guys recommend the best setup on how I should plug in my Sata cables so my cables the least tangled? I was thinking about putting my intel 160gb SSD in sata1 with my samsung spinpoint f3 1tb hdd in sata2 and then putting my DVD burner in sata 5.

Does anyone know what the red sata cable in the sniper case is for? is that used for the esata on the top of my case? do i just plug that in 1 of the free sata ports on my mb? because I plan to plug it in sata6.

I have a storm sniper case and a asus p6x58d motherboard.
Thanks for the help guys. ^^
I will have no problems booting aslong as you set it correct in the bios And yes the red cable is your e-sata which you can plug in to a sata port (mine is in 6)

My setup is: Sata 1 F1 Hd
Sata 2 Blu-ray drive
Sata 3 Intel SSD (boot drive)
Sata 6 E-sata
So it dosn't matter where they go as long as you set them correctly in the bios (tho some one correct me if i'm wrong)
hope this helps :#p
Jamie
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2GHz 1.33V Asus P6X58D Ex 5870 Lightning G-Skill Trident (1600MHz) 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gb Intel X25-M gen2 + 1Tb samsung F1 Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 64 bit Lg 27" Flatron "m2762d" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft/Razor Corsair HX 850 Antec 1200 Razor Death Adder 4000Dpi 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Sota 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2GHz 1.33V Asus P6X58D Ex 5870 Lightning G-Skill Trident (1600MHz) 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gb Intel X25-M gen2 + 1Tb samsung F1 Samsung Blu-Ray Windows 7 64 bit Lg 27" Flatron "m2762d" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft/Razor Corsair HX 850 Antec 1200 Razor Death Adder 4000Dpi 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Sota 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1160 of 6378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamos169 View Post
I will have no problems booting aslong as you set it correct in the bios And yes the red cable is your e-sata which you can plug in to a sata port (mine is in 6)

My setup is: Sata 1 F1 Hd
Sata 2 Blu-ray drive
Sata 3 Intel SSD (boot drive)
Sata 6 E-sata
So it dosn't matter where they go as long as you set them correctly in the bios (tho some one correct me if i'm wrong)
hope this helps :#p
Jamie
Yah people are saying I shouldn't have problems im thinking I had problems because I accidently turned all my ssd and hdds to dyanmic drive which really messed up things.. I can't even format / partition them, been having so much problems.
Storm Sniper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 [3951A687] 4.01GHz@1.23v ASUS P6X58D Premium SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5870 1GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline 6GB (3 x 2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1xIntel X25-M 160GB G2 1xSAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer Black Internal Blu-ray Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra-thin Illuminated CORSAIR CMPSU-850HX 850W CM Storm Sniper Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
steelseries SX 
  hide details  
Reply
Storm Sniper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 [3951A687] 4.01GHz@1.23v ASUS P6X58D Premium SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5870 1GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline 6GB (3 x 2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1xIntel X25-M 160GB G2 1xSAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer Black Internal Blu-ray Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra-thin Illuminated CORSAIR CMPSU-850HX 850W CM Storm Sniper Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
steelseries SX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] --The Asus P6X58D Premium & E Thread--