Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] --The Asus P6X58D Premium & E Thread--
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] --The Asus P6X58D Premium & E Thread-- - Page 225

post #2241 of 6368
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentemo1 View Post
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=...bf2fc95e066893

Asus P6X58D-E going for 229. enter code "ILOVEDAD" for additional $10 off... they also do free ground shipping i believe.

Is there any reason i should not order form superbiiz??
I ordered some drives from them recently and they were packed well with bubble wrap and secured nicely inside of the box. I've heard though that it can be hit or miss with how well they package items, but, my personal experience with them has been great so far.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.2ghz @ 1.28v] Asus P6X58D Premium [0904] [CrossFireX] - XFX HD5770 2GB [1010/1410 @ 1.237v] Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3 [1600Mhz / 7-8-7-20] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB + Samsung F3 4x2TB [RAID-5] Plextor Blu-Ray [PX-B320SA] Windows 7 Professional [64-Bit] Dell 24" LCD [1080p] 
PowerCase
Corsair HX-Series [850w] Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 [DragonLord] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.2ghz @ 1.28v] Asus P6X58D Premium [0904] [CrossFireX] - XFX HD5770 2GB [1010/1410 @ 1.237v] Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3 [1600Mhz / 7-8-7-20] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB + Samsung F3 4x2TB [RAID-5] Plextor Blu-Ray [PX-B320SA] Windows 7 Professional [64-Bit] Dell 24" LCD [1080p] 
PowerCase
Corsair HX-Series [850w] Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 [DragonLord] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2242 of 6368
Just ordered the final parts to my new system minus the graphics card which I still need to figure out my solution.


Power: Corsair hx1000w - $190 (have)
Cpu: I7 930 - $199 (have)
Cooler: Corsair H50 - $70
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E Motherboard - $219 (ordered)
Ram: Corsair Dominator 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) CMP6GX3M3A1600C8- $179.00 ($40 rebate) (have)
Graphics: BFG 9800gtx+ -$0 (have)
Sound: X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series - $78 (have)
System Drive: Intel X25-M 160GB Solid State Drive (SSD) $381 (have)
Drives 1: BARRACUDA ST3120026AS - $0 (have)
Drives 2: BARRACUDA ST3120026AS - $0 (have)
Optical: LG UH10LS20K 10X Blueray - $95 (ordered)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 F - $125 (ordered)
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate - $228 (have)

Total: $1,764

I still need to get two fans for the h-50 and decided wether to SLI my 9800gtx+ or move to a pair of SLI 260's or 295's or just get a 470 or 480....

jeez... thoughts?
new build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 930 Asus P6X58D ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GTX480 Corsair Dominator 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 160GB SSD LG UH10LS20K 10X Blueray Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung Syncmaster 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Corsair hx1000w Cooler Master HAF 932 Kensington Turbo Mouse Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
new build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 930 Asus P6X58D ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GTX480 Corsair Dominator 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 160GB SSD LG UH10LS20K 10X Blueray Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung Syncmaster 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Corsair hx1000w Cooler Master HAF 932 Kensington Turbo Mouse Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2243 of 6368
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone3d View Post
I am liking the new BIOS a lot. They definitely fixed some memory compatibility issues.

All settings being the same, memory throughput is slightly down though. From about 35.2GB/s to 34.8GB/s with my RAM at DDR3-2005.

I am working on tweaking the settings to get the speed back though. I am back up to 35GB/s according to Sandra.

Windows 7 x64 seems to boot faster.

Some of the RAM timings still do not autodetect properly. Also, there are still a few settings that show one clock higher then what you set it to manually.

Intel Burn Test is showing slightly higher GFLOPs when stress testing.
Hey, right on, very cool! Thanks for testing it out.

Over at Xtremesystems.org, there is a thread there where they talk about some new features that got added?

Quote:
They added a utility called "drive expert"
There's an option called "super speed" for setting up raid on sata 3, and a couple other options.
Hmm. Not a lot of detail there, but it sounds like ASUS might have given us MOAR! Always nice.

A bit more voltage tweaking, and maybe I will try this BIOS . . . or, I might just load it, reset to default and begin a fresh xmisery template tweaking run!

-J
post #2244 of 6368
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentemo1 View Post
Just ordered the final parts to my new system minus the graphics card which I still need to figure out my solution.


Power: Corsair hx1000w - $190 (have)
Cpu: I7 930 - $199 (have)
Cooler: Corsair H50 - $70
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E Motherboard - $219 (ordered)
Ram: Corsair Dominator 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) CMP6GX3M3A1600C8- $179.00 ($40 rebate) (have)
Graphics: BFG 9800gtx+ -$0 (have)
Sound: X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series - $78 (have)
System Drive: Intel X25-M 160GB Solid State Drive (SSD) $381 (have)
Drives 1: BARRACUDA ST3120026AS - $0 (have)
Drives 2: BARRACUDA ST3120026AS - $0 (have)
Optical: LG UH10LS20K 10X Blueray - $95 (ordered)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 F - $125 (ordered)
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate - $228 (have)

Total: $1,764

I still need to get two fans for the h-50 and decided wether to SLI my 9800gtx+ or move to a pair of SLI 260's or 295's or just get a 470 or 480....

jeez... thoughts?
Just a heads up, Dell Small Business had a killer deal going on with graphic cards, I think it expires today? It was 30% off. People were getting the GTX 480 for ~$360 w/ Free Shipping. They had other cards as well. Something to think about (quickly) -- no pressure!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.2ghz @ 1.28v] Asus P6X58D Premium [0904] [CrossFireX] - XFX HD5770 2GB [1010/1410 @ 1.237v] Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3 [1600Mhz / 7-8-7-20] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB + Samsung F3 4x2TB [RAID-5] Plextor Blu-Ray [PX-B320SA] Windows 7 Professional [64-Bit] Dell 24" LCD [1080p] 
PowerCase
Corsair HX-Series [850w] Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 [DragonLord] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.2ghz @ 1.28v] Asus P6X58D Premium [0904] [CrossFireX] - XFX HD5770 2GB [1010/1410 @ 1.237v] Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3 [1600Mhz / 7-8-7-20] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB + Samsung F3 4x2TB [RAID-5] Plextor Blu-Ray [PX-B320SA] Windows 7 Professional [64-Bit] Dell 24" LCD [1080p] 
PowerCase
Corsair HX-Series [850w] Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 [DragonLord] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2245 of 6368
I havent been able to get my PC to resume from sleep with this mobo. two bioses and both the same frome S3 resume, blank. Any ideas?

Hopefully ASUS adds some better mem support and bug fixes in there latest BIOS.
post #2246 of 6368
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmisery View Post
Just a heads up, Dell Small Business had a killer deal going on with graphic cards, I think it expires today? It was 30% off. People were getting the GTX 480 for ~$360 w/ Free Shipping. They had other cards as well. Something to think about (quickly) -- no pressure!
from what i found out that was some kind of snafu through dells %30 promotion. was not supposed to apply to Graphics cards. so i wonder who will be getting some and who wont.

any idea which thread would be helpful on discussions of what i should do given my current setup?

Thanks
new build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 930 Asus P6X58D ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GTX480 Corsair Dominator 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 160GB SSD LG UH10LS20K 10X Blueray Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung Syncmaster 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Corsair hx1000w Cooler Master HAF 932 Kensington Turbo Mouse Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
new build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 930 Asus P6X58D ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GTX480 Corsair Dominator 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 160GB SSD LG UH10LS20K 10X Blueray Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung Syncmaster 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Corsair hx1000w Cooler Master HAF 932 Kensington Turbo Mouse Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2247 of 6368
Hi I posted this in another thread but I thought I'd try here:

I'm almost done building my system and would like to overclock my i7 930 to 3.8ghz as a starting point. My system details are below. I'm a oc newbie so if anyone has a similar build and can provide the settings they used that would be a great starting point. I've read a few of the guides...and looked at these settings

http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...ml#post8440597
Would these be a good starting point?

Also, I have a few questions regarding my BIOS, first what version for the P6X58D-E are you using and should I update it before changing any settings? I'm hoping to have the system built by this weekend.
Secondly my RAM has an XMP profile with my motherboard so I'm assuming it will automatically load it at 8-8-8-24 1600mhz at 1.65v if I set it in XMP. I've read that the P6X54D-E offers 1.64 and 1.66, is 1.66 safe for the RAM? Is this compatible when overclocking the CPU, that is can I have the XMP profile on when overclocking the CPU? I also plan to overclock with hyperthreading on.

Within my old case (long story), I have the side panel fan, and interior optional fan working (along with the standard 2 front fans/top exhaust and my Corsair H50 in pushpull [intake]). Is this cooling adequate?

Cheers and thanks
Edited by nudniq - 6/9/10 at 3:57pm
Anty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 930 stock level (for now) ASUS P6X58D-E Sapphire Radeon 5870 Vapor-X 1GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 12GB 8-8-8-24 1600MHZ 1.65v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X-25M 80GB SSD, 2x1TB F3 Spinpoint, 2TB WD-B ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ASUS MS228H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Corsair 1000HX Antec 900 V1.1 (with a few holes) Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
Anty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 930 stock level (for now) ASUS P6X58D-E Sapphire Radeon 5870 Vapor-X 1GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 12GB 8-8-8-24 1600MHZ 1.65v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X-25M 80GB SSD, 2x1TB F3 Spinpoint, 2TB WD-B ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ASUS MS228H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Corsair 1000HX Antec 900 V1.1 (with a few holes) Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2248 of 6368
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentemo1 View Post
from what i found out that was some kind of snafu through dells %30 promotion. was not supposed to apply to Graphics cards. so i wonder who will be getting some and who wont.

any idea which thread would be helpful on discussions of what i should do given my current setup?

Thanks
I believe they still have the EVGA GTX 470 for a good deal, using the 30% off coupon. Can you give us more details what your graphics card budget is and what you'd be using the system for mostly? That said, I really like the new Radeon 5xxx series cards. I would look into either a 5770, 5850 or 5870.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.2ghz @ 1.28v] Asus P6X58D Premium [0904] [CrossFireX] - XFX HD5770 2GB [1010/1410 @ 1.237v] Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3 [1600Mhz / 7-8-7-20] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB + Samsung F3 4x2TB [RAID-5] Plextor Blu-Ray [PX-B320SA] Windows 7 Professional [64-Bit] Dell 24" LCD [1080p] 
PowerCase
Corsair HX-Series [850w] Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 [DragonLord] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.2ghz @ 1.28v] Asus P6X58D Premium [0904] [CrossFireX] - XFX HD5770 2GB [1010/1410 @ 1.237v] Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3 [1600Mhz / 7-8-7-20] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB + Samsung F3 4x2TB [RAID-5] Plextor Blu-Ray [PX-B320SA] Windows 7 Professional [64-Bit] Dell 24" LCD [1080p] 
PowerCase
Corsair HX-Series [850w] Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 [DragonLord] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2249 of 6368
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudniq View Post
Hi I posted this in another thread but I thought I'd try here:

I'm almost done building my system and would like to overclock my i7 930 to 3.8ghz as a starting point. My system details are below. I'm a oc newbie so if anyone has a similar build and can provide the settings they used that would be a great starting point. I've read a few of the guides...and looked at these settings

http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...ml#post8440597
Would these be a good starting point?
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudniq View Post
Also, I have a few questions regarding my BIOS, first what version for the P6X58D-E are you using and should I update it before changing any settings? I'm hoping to have the system built by this weekend.
I believe Asus just released 0303 for the P6X58D-E board. You might want to just start off by pulling that release down and flashing it from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudniq View Post
Secondly my RAM has an XMP profile with my motherboard so I'm assuming it will automatically load it at 8-8-8-24 1600mhz at 1.65v if I set it in XMP. I've read that the P6X54D-E offers 1.64 and 1.66, is 1.66 safe for the RAM? Is this compatible when overclocking the CPU, that is can I have the XMP profile on when overclocking the CPU? I also plan to overclock with hyperthreading on.
Yes, you can run it at 1.66v, but, in my overclocking profiles, I just set it to 1.64.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudniq View Post
Within my old case (long story), I have the side panel fan, and interior optional fan working (along with the standard 2 front fans/top exhaust and my Corsair H50 in pushpull [intake]). Is this cooling adequate?
Yep, what you should be good to go. However, I don't know what fans you are using or how your cable management is, so having good fans and a clean wire/cable management can make great improvements with your case's airflow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudniq View Post
Cheers and thanks
Cheers mate!
Edited by xmisery - 6/9/10 at 4:25pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.2ghz @ 1.28v] Asus P6X58D Premium [0904] [CrossFireX] - XFX HD5770 2GB [1010/1410 @ 1.237v] Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3 [1600Mhz / 7-8-7-20] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB + Samsung F3 4x2TB [RAID-5] Plextor Blu-Ray [PX-B320SA] Windows 7 Professional [64-Bit] Dell 24" LCD [1080p] 
PowerCase
Corsair HX-Series [850w] Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 [DragonLord] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.2ghz @ 1.28v] Asus P6X58D Premium [0904] [CrossFireX] - XFX HD5770 2GB [1010/1410 @ 1.237v] Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3 [1600Mhz / 7-8-7-20] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 80GB + Samsung F3 4x2TB [RAID-5] Plextor Blu-Ray [PX-B320SA] Windows 7 Professional [64-Bit] Dell 24" LCD [1080p] 
PowerCase
Corsair HX-Series [850w] Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 [DragonLord] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2250 of 6368
Thanks very much. I'm using stock Antec fans, and a Scythe Ultra Kaze 1300RPM as the side fan. With my Ante 900 case, I cut a few holes around for cable management, and a large hole on the bottom for my 'flipped' Corsair 1000HX so that it exhausts out. I'll try the settings this weekend and run some tests. Thanks very much for your help!
Anty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 930 stock level (for now) ASUS P6X58D-E Sapphire Radeon 5870 Vapor-X 1GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 12GB 8-8-8-24 1600MHZ 1.65v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X-25M 80GB SSD, 2x1TB F3 Spinpoint, 2TB WD-B ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ASUS MS228H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Corsair 1000HX Antec 900 V1.1 (with a few holes) Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
Anty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 930 stock level (for now) ASUS P6X58D-E Sapphire Radeon 5870 Vapor-X 1GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 12GB 8-8-8-24 1600MHZ 1.65v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X-25M 80GB SSD, 2x1TB F3 Spinpoint, 2TB WD-B ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ASUS MS228H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Corsair 1000HX Antec 900 V1.1 (with a few holes) Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] --The Asus P6X58D Premium & E Thread--