Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] --The Asus P6X58D Premium & E Thread--
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] --The Asus P6X58D Premium & E Thread-- - Page 74

post #731 of 6325
At the moment I'm running my 4.4 GHz @ 1.362v (1.360 = about 6-7h prime) - hopefully it will get me stable. Was able to run 4.2 GHz @ 1.28750v HT off - stable.

Edit - How can I be added?
post #732 of 6325
Anyone know what watercooling this motherboard would be like? I am very interested in this board but I would really like to incorporate nb sb and mosfet waterblocks.
The Encoder
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k 4.7Ghz 1.375V AsRock Extreme6 5870 lcs 1070/1300 43C Load 8gb G-skill 1800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x Raid 0(500), Raid 1(1TB), Gskill SSD (60GB) Windows 7 x64 SOYO 26" Corsair TX-750W 
Case
Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
The Encoder
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k 4.7Ghz 1.375V AsRock Extreme6 5870 lcs 1070/1300 43C Load 8gb G-skill 1800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x Raid 0(500), Raid 1(1TB), Gskill SSD (60GB) Windows 7 x64 SOYO 26" Corsair TX-750W 
Case
Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #733 of 6325
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj516 View Post
Anyone know what watercooling this motherboard would be like? I am very interested in this board but I would really like to incorporate nb sb and mosfet waterblocks.
I think EK was working on a full coverage block but not sure when it will be released. Not sure if Bitspower or others have one in the works, or if other existing Asus full coverage blocks like the P6T* will work on this board.

Honestly the ICH, IOH, and power components don't run that hot and/or the stock heatsink/heatpipe units are pretty efficient. The best air coolers can handle an overclocked CPU while operating essentially in silence. The Noctua NH-D14 can handle at least 1.5v into an i7 @ 4.4-4.5GHz, not that I could pass stress tests at that but I did get into Windows and surf the net. I'm therefore saving water my water cooling loop for GPUs (planning on GTX 480 SLI unless they are disappointing) since I know they will run wicked hot and have noisy stock cooling under load. I have 8800 Ultra in SLI right now and they are the only source of noise, except for my spinning HDD when it is accessing. I use an SSD for Windows. The Seasonic X750 PSU and Noctua HSF are silent and I am using an open-air Banchetto 101 instead of a case with fans.
post #734 of 6325
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
Can I make a suggestion that I am sure you won't like? Start over. Clear the BIOS, reflash it to the newest version, load optimized defaults and start over, bumping 5-10 bclk as you go, and take detailed notes. Like REALLY detailed notes. Voltages, timings, what type of BSOD.

I just don't see anyone being able to help you with the information you have given. Stable at 4.2ghz but not stable at 4.0. It doesn't make any sense, and it sounds like there is some setting somewhere that is getting dorked.
I will start all over like you suggested maybe during spring break but I don't have time to do it right now. But yes it doesn't make any sense because with all the settings kept the same I should be able to run 4.0 stable just like 4.2. That's more than enough voltage for everything. I just wanted to know in general some indications like if you get this BSOD it's most likely you don't have enough voltage. Just wanna make sure that other parts of my computer are not acting up during overclocking
post #735 of 6325
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj516 View Post
Anyone know what watercooling this motherboard would be like? I am very interested in this board but I would really like to incorporate nb sb and mosfet waterblocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekovalsky View Post
I think EK was working on a full coverage block but not sure when it will be released. Not sure if Bitspower or others have one in the works, or if other existing Asus full coverage blocks like the P6T* will work on this board.

Honestly the ICH, IOH, and power components don't run that hot and/or the stock heatsink/heatpipe units are pretty efficient. The best air coolers can handle an overclocked CPU while operating essentially in silence. The Noctua NH-D14 can handle at least 1.5v into an i7 @ 4.4-4.5GHz, not that I could pass stress tests at that but I did get into Windows and surf the net. I'm therefore saving water my water cooling loop for GPUs (planning on GTX 480 SLI unless they are disappointing) since I know they will run wicked hot and have noisy stock cooling under load. I have 8800 Ultra in SLI right now and they are the only source of noise, except for my spinning HDD when it is accessing. I use an SSD for Windows. The Seasonic X750 PSU and Noctua HSF are silent and I am using an open-air Banchetto 101 instead of a case with fans.
No need to watercool this motherboard. It runs extremely cool. as ekovalsky said. EK has devleloped a NB/SB block solution that fits this board along with the P6T and a couple of others. You must then purchase another mosfet kit that consists of 2 blocks, so thats three blocks and 6 fittings just to cool one motherboard. PITA. If I were going to do it I'd take advantage of the awesome heatpipe assembly and get the asus hp block from ek, which supposedly will replace the nb heatsink and watercool the heatpipe assembly. And its only 1 block and 2 fittings and costs 1/4 the price. But I still think it is unnecessary. Maybe when you remove the fans from the cpu heatisnk when watercooling you need more airflow across the heatpipes, but right now my mb temp sensor never gets above 35C load and is usually sitting at around 26C. And that's with two gtx285's pumping all 32 lanes.
post #736 of 6325
Help guys ! i need to know if my RAM is defective/unstable or not....

I tried going for 4.2

First try :

200x21
Vcore 1.375
RAM : 1603mhz 8-8-8-24 2T
Uncore : 3208
CPU PLL : 1.80
QPI : 1.23125
IOH : 1.20
ICH : 1.20
DRAM : 1.64

IBSOD after like 30 sec in ITB (very high)


Second try :

200x21
Vcore : 1.375
RAM : 1203mhz 8-8-8-24 2T
Uncore : 3208
CPU PLL : 1.80
QPI : 1.23125
IOH : 1.20
ICH : 1.20
DRAM : 1.64

IBT (very high) 20 passes OK.

The only thing i changed is my RAM from 1532mhz to 1200mhz. What does that tell me ? My Ram is defective/unstable/broken and i must run it at a lower speed to get a stable OC on my CPU ? Or is it perfectly normal to lower the RAM to get a stable OC ?

I did a couple of tests on my RAM earlier this week, Windows memory diagnostic, OCCT.... All seemed OK, so i thought my CPU just needed more Vcore to get stable (4.00 needed 1.30), now im thinking what is holding me back is my RAM :/

EDIT :

Just tryed RAM 1203mhz and uncore 2400 = IBT crash/BSOD after 5 pass or so. Seems like its more related to the ram/uncore ratio.
I know the uncore must be set at least twice as much as the RAM. So, how am i supposed to set my ram/uncore ratio ? Seems that when i set the uncore more than the double of the ram ( ex: RAM 1203Mhz and uncore 3208) its MORE stable than setting it just at the double ( RAM 1603mhz uncore 3208 or RAM 1203mhz uncore 2400)
Edited by Grindhouse - 2/28/10 at 1:28pm
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6900k Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming GTX 1070 SLI Corsair DDR4 16gb 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD Crucial 500 GB Corsair H80i Windows 10 64bit BenQ XL2720z 27" 144hz (1920x1080) 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850HX Antec 900 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6900k Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming GTX 1070 SLI Corsair DDR4 16gb 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD Crucial 500 GB Corsair H80i Windows 10 64bit BenQ XL2720z 27" 144hz (1920x1080) 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850HX Antec 900 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #737 of 6325
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
No need to watercool this motherboard. It runs extremely cool. as ekovalsky said. EK has devleloped a NB/SB block solution that fits this board along with the P6T and a couple of others. You must then purchase another mosfet kit that consists of 2 blocks, so thats three blocks and 6 fittings just to cool one motherboard. PITA. If I were going to do it I'd take advantage of the awesome heatpipe assembly and get the asus hp block from ek, which supposedly will replace the nb heatsink and watercool the heatpipe assembly. And its only 1 block and 2 fittings and costs 1/4 the price. But I still think it is unnecessary. Maybe when you remove the fans from the cpu heatisnk when watercooling you need more airflow across the heatpipes, but right now my mb temp sensor never gets above 35C load and is usually sitting at around 26C. And that's with two gtx285's pumping all 32 lanes.

That memory you have running 7-7-7-20-60. I have C8, not the C7. So I'm running 8-8-8-24-88. Would it benefit me to run that 88 at 60 like you have? What kind of timing is that? What does it represent? Does the 60 offer real world performance over the 88?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.31vcore w/HT Asus P6X58D (0604) Sapphire 5770 v2 3 x 2GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X-25M 80GB + WD Black 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2711 Corsair 750TX 
Case
Antec P183 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.31vcore w/HT Asus P6X58D (0604) Sapphire 5770 v2 3 x 2GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X-25M 80GB + WD Black 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2711 Corsair 750TX 
Case
Antec P183 
  hide details  
Reply
post #738 of 6325
Okay, you're getting close. Sounds a lot like what I was dealing with. Give this a try, worked for me:

Try 1.66, 1.68, or 1.70 for DRAM. You won't hurt anything despite the red message of death in the BIOS! Manually set your Command rate to 1N, RTL CHA=56, CHB=57,CHC=58 (will boot as 57-58-59), and tRFC at 88. Bclk 200, 2:8 DRAM (1600 or 1603). Manually set CPU PLL to 1.84, CPU Diff Amp 800mv, skew 300ps CPU & IOH. Reduce ICH to 1.1. Increase Vcore to 1.38750v.

Try uncore at 32xx & 34xx; I was more stable at 32xx which keeps the 8:9 ratio specified by Intel. But I guess some have had better luck with higher uncore:qpi ratios, maybe it depend on the chip. Make sure your QPI is at 18x setting (7.2 MT/s).

For me with HT on: Vcore of 1.3375v was sufficient for Hyperpi 32M x 8. For Prime95 large FFT or blend running 8 threads, Vcore of 1.3750v was needed for prolonged runs. For LinX 25,000 problem size with 8 threads, Vcore of 1.38125v was needed to complete 25+ runs.

IBT should be same as LinX, although 'Very High' uses less memory than LinX 25,000 (4096 versus 4766). Also if you use IBT, you may need to specify 16 threads; I seem to remember reading there was a bug that would sometimes make 8 threads crash... not sure if this was fixed in a subsequent release.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindhouse View Post
Help guys ! i need to know if my RAM is defective/unstable or not....

I tried going for 4.2

First try :

200x21
Vcore 1.375
RAM : 1603mhz 8-8-8-24 2T
Uncore : 3208
CPU PLL : 1.80
QPI : 1.23125
IOH : 1.20
ICH : 1.20
DRAM : 1.64

IBSOD after like 30 sec in ITB (very high)


Second try :

200x21
Vcore : 1.375
RAM : 1203mhz 8-8-8-24 2T
Uncore : 3208
CPU PLL : 1.80
QPI : 1.23125
IOH : 1.20
ICH : 1.20
DRAM : 1.64

IBT (very high) 20 passes OK.

The only thing i changed is my RAM from 1532mhz to 1200mhz. What does that tell me ? My Ram is defective/unstable/broken and i must run it at a lower speed to get a stable OC on my CPU ? Or is it perfectly normal to lower the RAM to get a stable OC ?

I did a couple of tests on my RAM earlier this week, Windows memory diagnostic, OCCT.... All seemed OK, so i thought my CPU just needed more Vcore to get stable (4.00 needed 1.30), now im thinking what is holding me back is my RAM :/

EDIT :

Just tryed RAM 1203mhz and uncore 2400 = IBT crash/BSOD after 5 pass or so. Seems like its more related to the ram/uncore ratio.
I know the uncore must be set at least twice as much as the RAM. So, how am i supposed to set my ram/uncore ratio ? Seems that when i set the uncore more than the double of the ram ( ex: RAM 1203Mhz and uncore 3208) its MORE stable than setting it just at the double ( RAM 1603mhz uncore 3208 or RAM 1203mhz uncore 2400)
post #739 of 6325
Ok guys I know this probably isn't the best form to post this question but im sure someone can help. Ok right now i have a cooler master v8 and i cant seem to get a stable OC to 4.2 with satisfying temps so iv been looking at the corsair h50 and i was wondering if any of you think that i would see a big difference in the to. I need my temps to come down at least 6 degrees but 10 would be even better so what do you guys think.
Cosmos S
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 DO @ 3.8 with HT Asus P6X58D HIS H5870 6GB OCZ Gold 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Segate Barracuda 750GB x2 LG 8XBD-Rom Windows 7 64bit Asus Glossy Black 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX 5500 Corsair 850HX Cosmos S Logitech MX 5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Cosmos S
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 DO @ 3.8 with HT Asus P6X58D HIS H5870 6GB OCZ Gold 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Segate Barracuda 750GB x2 LG 8XBD-Rom Windows 7 64bit Asus Glossy Black 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX 5500 Corsair 850HX Cosmos S Logitech MX 5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #740 of 6325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBoysName View Post
That memory you have running 7-7-7-20-60. I have C8, not the C7. So I'm running 8-8-8-24-88. Would it benefit me to run that 88 at 60 like you have? What kind of timing is that? What does it represent? Does the 60 offer real world performance over the 88?
Its tRFC, and it doesn't do much except shave a few seconds off of a hyperpi32M time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] --The Asus P6X58D Premium & E Thread--