Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Fan Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Fan Club - Page 47

post #461 of 5964
I just started my third attempt to get into STALKER. Today I read the full plot of the game online, and WOW, it spoils the story but the story gets AWESOME. Makes me actually want to play through it even more now. I didn't expect the story to get that deep/crazy.
post #462 of 5964
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMallory View Post
I just started my third attempt to get into STALKER. Today I read the full plot of the game online, and WOW, it spoils the story but the story gets AWESOME. Makes me actually want to play through it even more now. I didn't expect the story to get that deep/crazy.
I was far less impressed with the story than I was with the immersion. The story is kind of thrown at you in blocks of text and radio messages.

I think most people that get into the game get drawn into the feeling that the area is alive, and that the game experiences are unique to the player at that specific moment.

Which to a large degree, is true.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.5 (1.39v) Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P ASUS 5850 @ 880/1180 (1.118v) 4gb 1333mhz G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64gb Crucial M4 SSD 3x 250gb WD2500JD - RAID0 1tb WD1001FALS 1tb WD10EARS 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Pioneer DLDVD/CDRW Arctic Freezer Pro 64 Win 7 64bit Ultimate E2305 LG 23" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch II Ninja Tenkeyless Fortron BlueStorm II 500w CM 690II Advanced Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
generic Echo Miamidi PCI M-Audio BX5a Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.5 (1.39v) Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P ASUS 5850 @ 880/1180 (1.118v) 4gb 1333mhz G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64gb Crucial M4 SSD 3x 250gb WD2500JD - RAID0 1tb WD1001FALS 1tb WD10EARS 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Pioneer DLDVD/CDRW Arctic Freezer Pro 64 Win 7 64bit Ultimate E2305 LG 23" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch II Ninja Tenkeyless Fortron BlueStorm II 500w CM 690II Advanced Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
generic Echo Miamidi PCI M-Audio BX5a Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
post #463 of 5964
Quote:
Originally Posted by _02 View Post
I was far less impressed with the story than I was with the immersion. The story is kind of thrown at you in blocks of text and radio messages.

I think most people that get into the game get drawn into the feeling that the area is alive, and that the game experiences are unique to the player at that specific moment.

Which to a large degree, is true.
True, they don't do a very good job explaining the story. The Wikipedia plot outline for the game makes everything so much more clear. I'm almost glad I spoiled it for myself, because now I know what's going on, and don't just feel like a guy running around searchin' stashes and buckin' boars
post #464 of 5964
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMallory View Post
True, they don't do a very good job explaining the story. The Wikipedia plot outline for the game makes everything so much more clear. I'm almost glad I spoiled it for myself, because now I know what's going on, and don't just feel like a guy running around searchin' stashes and buckin' boars
Very true. The story can be pretty hard to follow.
Eowyn
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T x6 Biostar TA890FXE MSI 465(470)TFII GE 750/1900 G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 640AAKS Ubuntu 10.10 2x24" Asus MS Arc 
PowerCaseMouse
610 PC P&C Silencer P182 Logitech Marathon 
  hide details  
Reply
Eowyn
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T x6 Biostar TA890FXE MSI 465(470)TFII GE 750/1900 G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 640AAKS Ubuntu 10.10 2x24" Asus MS Arc 
PowerCaseMouse
610 PC P&C Silencer P182 Logitech Marathon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #465 of 5964
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakazi View Post
Very true. The story can be pretty hard to follow.
That's what happens when the dev team is a bunch of poorly funded Ukrainian guys who do not natively speak English. And they still make a great game.
Takatalvi
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 4.0GHz Gigabyte p55a-ud3p EVGA GTX 580 4GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 530 Series 180GB Seagates HP SATA DVD-RW Cooler Master V6-GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP LP2465 SIIG USB Multimedia (quite nice for $15) Corsair TX750W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master 690 (modded) Logitech LX3 
  hide details  
Reply
Takatalvi
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 4.0GHz Gigabyte p55a-ud3p EVGA GTX 580 4GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 530 Series 180GB Seagates HP SATA DVD-RW Cooler Master V6-GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP LP2465 SIIG USB Multimedia (quite nice for $15) Corsair TX750W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master 690 (modded) Logitech LX3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #466 of 5964
I'm starting to get into this game, but I'm just kinda pissed about this control design:

Hold down two keys to: low-crouch. This way is easier to enter sprint ASAP.

Now the other way, it is: 1 button to toggle crouch --> 1 button to hold down for low crouch --> toggle crouch again --> Now you can sprint.

I've never typed crouch so much I am starting to see crotch.

Any help?? :-( I could really use a code to copy and paste into autoit or autohotkey that would make this action more smooth...
AMD build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 M5A99X Evo Radeon HD7870 2GB Kingston 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 640GB ordinary HDD Pioneer 212D win7 home premium 64 bit some sony hdtv 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750W XFX Core Edition Antec 300 G9 old school binder ;D 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 M5A99X Evo Radeon HD7870 2GB Kingston 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 640GB ordinary HDD Pioneer 212D win7 home premium 64 bit some sony hdtv 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750W XFX Core Edition Antec 300 G9 old school binder ;D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #467 of 5964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizy View Post
I'm starting to get into this game, but I'm just kinda pissed about this control design:

Hold down two keys to: low-crouch. This way is easier to enter sprint ASAP.

Now the other way, it is: 1 button to toggle crouch --> 1 button to hold down for low crouch --> toggle crouch again --> Now you can sprint.

I've never typed crouch so much I am starting to see crotch.

Any help?? :-( I could really use a code to copy and paste into autoit or autohotkey that would make this action more smooth...
Wait, I'm confused. You're asking for keybind examples?

For crouch I use CTRL. I don't use toggle crouch by the way. The lower crouch I have set to CTRL+Z. My sprint is SHIFT.
First i7 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.8GHz ASUS P6T Deluxe Gigabyte GTX 670 Corsair XMS3 6GB Triple Channel 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Maxtor 320GB 16MB Cache CM 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dual - 23" Asus 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidwinder X4 Corsair - 650W ATX CM HAF 912 Logitech G400 
Mouse Pad
X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
First i7 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.8GHz ASUS P6T Deluxe Gigabyte GTX 670 Corsair XMS3 6GB Triple Channel 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Maxtor 320GB 16MB Cache CM 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dual - 23" Asus 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidwinder X4 Corsair - 650W ATX CM HAF 912 Logitech G400 
Mouse Pad
X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #468 of 5964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrisk View Post
Wait, I'm confused. You're asking for keybind examples?

For crouch I use CTRL. I don't use toggle crouch by the way. The lower crouch I have set to CTRL+Z. My sprint is SHIFT.
Mine is the same as ^
Gaming
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(21 items)
 
My Stuff
(10 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-3220 ASRock H77M EVGA 750ti CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB WD Black  2TB WD Green 4TB WD My Book Samsung Blu-Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cougar 120mm PWM Windows 10 60" Vizio M60-C3 4K Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
OCZ ModXStream 600w Silverstone GD05 Logitech K400 / MCE Remote Denon AVR-X2200W 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor II - CS2 BIC F12 - 12" Sub Polk Audio Monitor II - Monitor 70 x 2 Polk Audio Monitor II - Monitor 30 x 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(21 items)
 
My Stuff
(10 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-3220 ASRock H77M EVGA 750ti CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB WD Black  2TB WD Green 4TB WD My Book Samsung Blu-Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cougar 120mm PWM Windows 10 60" Vizio M60-C3 4K Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
OCZ ModXStream 600w Silverstone GD05 Logitech K400 / MCE Remote Denon AVR-X2200W 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor II - CS2 BIC F12 - 12" Sub Polk Audio Monitor II - Monitor 70 x 2 Polk Audio Monitor II - Monitor 30 x 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #469 of 5964
I was wondering if there is a way to get the shift key to work as the key itself along with another key. Like if I press down the shift key, it will also simulate a CTRL down key; it's so I don't have to press two buttons to enter low crouch.
AMD build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 M5A99X Evo Radeon HD7870 2GB Kingston 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 640GB ordinary HDD Pioneer 212D win7 home premium 64 bit some sony hdtv 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750W XFX Core Edition Antec 300 G9 old school binder ;D 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 M5A99X Evo Radeon HD7870 2GB Kingston 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 640GB ordinary HDD Pioneer 212D win7 home premium 64 bit some sony hdtv 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750W XFX Core Edition Antec 300 G9 old school binder ;D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #470 of 5964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizy View Post
I was wondering if there is a way to get the shift key to work as the key itself along with another key. Like if I press down the shift key, it will also simulate a CTRL down key; it's so I don't have to press two buttons to enter low crouch.
I'm not sure, let's hope someone here knows how
First i7 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.8GHz ASUS P6T Deluxe Gigabyte GTX 670 Corsair XMS3 6GB Triple Channel 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Maxtor 320GB 16MB Cache CM 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dual - 23" Asus 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidwinder X4 Corsair - 650W ATX CM HAF 912 Logitech G400 
Mouse Pad
X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
First i7 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.8GHz ASUS P6T Deluxe Gigabyte GTX 670 Corsair XMS3 6GB Triple Channel 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Maxtor 320GB 16MB Cache CM 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dual - 23" Asus 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidwinder X4 Corsair - 650W ATX CM HAF 912 Logitech G400 
Mouse Pad
X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Fan Club