Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Playstation › 360 better than PS3?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

360 better than PS3? - Page 18

post #171 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
I agree on the cell, but the Xbox360 has 2 of the cores dedicated torwards the graphics card, so that makes sense though.
However, the processors are still in order. Not really good for gaming at all imo
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardMonitorPower
Athlon 64 Venice 3000+ Biostar tforce 939 19" spectre x9 lcd 400 watt ttgi 
CaseMouse
Custom G7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardMonitorPower
Athlon 64 Venice 3000+ Biostar tforce 939 19" spectre x9 lcd 400 watt ttgi 
CaseMouse
Custom G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #172 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Where do you get this? Do you even know how the cell works?


Did you read the article?
Getter One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II GENE ASUS HD EAH5870 Corsair Dominator 6GB 1600mhz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium ViewSonic VX922 G15 600W Antec Trupower 
CaseMouse
Antec Mini P180 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Getter One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II GENE ASUS HD EAH5870 Corsair Dominator 6GB 1600mhz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium ViewSonic VX922 G15 600W Antec Trupower 
CaseMouse
Antec Mini P180 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #173 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeueZiel
Did you read the article?
I don't think he is saying cell is bad, just that it isn't suited to a task such as gaming
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardMonitorPower
Athlon 64 Venice 3000+ Biostar tforce 939 19" spectre x9 lcd 400 watt ttgi 
CaseMouse
Custom G7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardMonitorPower
Athlon 64 Venice 3000+ Biostar tforce 939 19" spectre x9 lcd 400 watt ttgi 
CaseMouse
Custom G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #174 of 294
I doubt its not using any of the SPE's. The way the Cell works it practically revolves around the SPE's doing little bits and peices for it.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #175 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
I doubt its not using any of the SPE's. The way the Cell works it practically revolves around the SPE's doing little bits and peices for it.
I still dont see your argument on how processors though don't effect games, because thats what your trying to argue by saying these powerful processors arnt needed...

I hate to start a flame war, but you are completely and utterly wrong. You said that processing power doesnt matter in games. If this was true why arent gamers using 33mhz i486 processors?

why do we spend hundreds of dollars to get the latest and greatest cpus?

why did you just upgrade your k6-II to an athlon 64? Because it runs better on games.

So for the thread optimized games that we will soon be coming up on performance will greatly increase by having these processors

And thats another thing thats pissing me off. All these critics and programmers are complaining and being lazy *******s about thread optimizing their games. Epic did it so it cant be that impossible. Its a job they get paid to do so it should be something that takes time and effort.
Getter One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II GENE ASUS HD EAH5870 Corsair Dominator 6GB 1600mhz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium ViewSonic VX922 G15 600W Antec Trupower 
CaseMouse
Antec Mini P180 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Getter One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II GENE ASUS HD EAH5870 Corsair Dominator 6GB 1600mhz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium ViewSonic VX922 G15 600W Antec Trupower 
CaseMouse
Antec Mini P180 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #176 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeueZiel
I still dont see your argument on how processors though don't effect games, because thats what your trying to argue by saying these powerful processors arnt needed...

I hate to start a flame war, but you are completely and utterly wrong. You said that processing power doesnt matter in games. If this was true why arent gamers using 33mhz i486 processors?

why do we spend hundreds of dollars to get the latest and greatest cpus?

why did you just upgrade your k6-II to an athlon 64? Because it runs better on games.

So for the thread optimized games that we will soon be coming up on performance will greatly increase by having these processors

Actually you're right, cpu power does matter, which is why the cell sucks.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardMonitorPower
Athlon 64 Venice 3000+ Biostar tforce 939 19" spectre x9 lcd 400 watt ttgi 
CaseMouse
Custom G7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardMonitorPower
Athlon 64 Venice 3000+ Biostar tforce 939 19" spectre x9 lcd 400 watt ttgi 
CaseMouse
Custom G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #177 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha732
Actually you're right, cpu power does matter, which is why the cell sucks.

What makes you say that? Cause its frequency is low?
Getter One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II GENE ASUS HD EAH5870 Corsair Dominator 6GB 1600mhz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium ViewSonic VX922 G15 600W Antec Trupower 
CaseMouse
Antec Mini P180 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Getter One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II GENE ASUS HD EAH5870 Corsair Dominator 6GB 1600mhz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium ViewSonic VX922 G15 600W Antec Trupower 
CaseMouse
Antec Mini P180 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #178 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeueZiel
What makes you say that? Cause its frequency is low?
No, because it's not OOO, it is weak from a single threaded stand point (which is what 99% of games are coded for) and the spe's are weak. Clock frequency is only part of the performance equation, and clock frequency isn;t what makes the cell a crappy gaming processor.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardMonitorPower
Athlon 64 Venice 3000+ Biostar tforce 939 19" spectre x9 lcd 400 watt ttgi 
CaseMouse
Custom G7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardMonitorPower
Athlon 64 Venice 3000+ Biostar tforce 939 19" spectre x9 lcd 400 watt ttgi 
CaseMouse
Custom G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #179 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeueZiel
I still dont see your argument on how processors though don't effect games, because thats what your trying to argue by saying these powerful processors arnt needed...

I hate to start a flame war, but you are completely and utterly wrong. You said that processing power doesnt matter in games. If this was true why arent gamers using 33mhz i486 processors?

why do we spend hundreds of dollars to get the latest and greatest cpus?

why did you just upgrade your k6-II to an athlon 64? Because it runs better on games.

So for the thread optimized games that we will soon be coming up on performance will greatly increase by having these processors

And thats another thing thats pissing me off. All these critics and programmers are complaining and being lazy *******s about thread optimizing their games. Epic did it so it cant be that impossible. Its a job they get paid to do so it should be something that takes time and effort.
The heck you talking about? When did I say processing power didnt matter. I said its unlikely that it didnt use a the SPE's a little bit and that the Cell revolves around the SPE's practically. I dont know what your reading, but I never said that.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #180 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
The heck you talking about? When did I say processing power didnt matter. I said its unlikely that it didnt use a the SPE's a little bit and that the Cell revolves around the SPE's practically. I dont know what your reading, but I never said that.
You have been implying it the entire time by saying that the 360's processor and the 360's isn't important to graphics
Getter One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II GENE ASUS HD EAH5870 Corsair Dominator 6GB 1600mhz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium ViewSonic VX922 G15 600W Antec Trupower 
CaseMouse
Antec Mini P180 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Getter One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II GENE ASUS HD EAH5870 Corsair Dominator 6GB 1600mhz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium ViewSonic VX922 G15 600W Antec Trupower 
CaseMouse
Antec Mini P180 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Playstation
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Playstation › 360 better than PS3?