Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club - Page 170

post #1691 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
Yeah i hear what you mean. I bricked a Classified before. Turned it into a very expensive door stop
it was a really bad board though. You should be fine if done right.

Rule of thumb with flashing of Bios "If it ain't broke dont fix it"
well i think EVGA will RMA the borad right?, cause DFI made me paid for the fix, which it was $70 + shipping

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1692 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcrazy View Post
well i think EVGA will RMA the borad right?, cause DFI made me paid for the fix, which it was $70 + shipping
yep your all good. Its just a $10 Bios chip and EVGA's CS is 2nd to none
Edited by Bodycount - 5/18/10 at 1:00am
post #1693 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
yep your all good. Its just a $10 Bios chip and EVGA's CS is 2nd to none
well the last time i talk toCS , they were abit bad IMO, but u never know ,I may get lucky with a good CS person
post #1694 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcrazy View Post
well the last time i talk toCS , they were abit bad IMO, but u never know ,I may get lucky with a good CS person

In the future if you ever have a problem
Ask for Jacob Freeman or better yet PM JacobF he is very quick and a very nice guy he'll take care of you.
post #1695 of 2630
if you can, update via usb stick, in my opinion the best way to do it.

never bricked a board that way, as it essentially works like a external usb floppy drive
post #1696 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1985 View Post
if you can, update via usb stick, in my opinion the best way to do it.

never bricked a board that way, as it essentially works like a external usb floppy drive
And in my defence i dont even know how that tortilla chip of a motherboard was even running



#@%@ there you are

check this out mate! i tried to set my folding back up and look at what i see

"Arguments: -smp 7 -verbosity 9 -smp 7 -verbosity 9"

i guess i dont need that extra line in the shortcut parameter?
Edited by Bodycount - 5/18/10 at 1:30am
post #1697 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1985 View Post
if you can, update via usb stick, in my opinion the best way to do it.

never bricked a board that way, as it essentially works like a external usb floppy drive
yea i already downloaded all the programas needed but is 1am and im tired , i will try tomorrow.

BODY +rep for ur time thanks
post #1698 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
#@%@ there you are

check this out mate! i tried to set my folding back up and look at what i see

"Arguments: -smp 7 -verbosity 9 -smp 7 -verbosity 9"

you only need one set of those i.E.:
Code:
-smp 7 -verbosity 9

in case you have not hit yes in the config, add the advmethods flag to get the core a3 units as follows:

Code:
-smp 7 -verbosity 9 -advmethods
if you want to run the whole shabang, one at a time, and the application is supposed to shut down after a completed work unit:
either:
Code:
-smp 7 -verbosity 9 -oneunit
or:
Code:
-smp 7 -verbosity 9 -advmethods -oneunit
post #1699 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcrazy View Post
yea i already downloaded all the programas needed but is 1am and im tired , i will try tomorrow.

BODY +rep for ur time thanks
Anytime man
post #1700 of 2630
Hitman sign in if you can

Edit: I think i got it thanks as always
Edited by Bodycount - 5/18/10 at 1:42am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club