Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club - Page 193

post #1921 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
No problem your welcome
If I wanted to get 4.0ghz would I need to change any voltage settings or just the clock speeds?

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1922 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby. View Post
If I wanted to get 4.0ghz would I need to change any voltage settings or just the clock speeds?
What are you at now 1.21v?

Well the higher you go with your Bclk and your already at 201 its going to want much more vcore and possiblly vtt. Try and up the Bclk a little first and test.
post #1923 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
What are you at now 1.21v?

Well the higher you go with your Bclk and your already at 201 its going to want much more vcore and possiblly vtt. Try and up the Bclk a little first and test.
I'm at 1.21v now.
Also with the RAM speed will i need to get that higher as it comes up as 800mhz in EVGA E-LEET?
post #1924 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby. View Post
I'm at 1.21v now.
Also with the RAM speed will i need to get that higher as it comes up as 800mhz in EVGA E-LEET?
Your memorys rated spec is 800Mhz with timings of 8-8-8-24

Set 8-8-8-24 and try and keep it around 800Mhz

Technically its already overclocked. I hope that makes sense
post #1925 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
Your memorys rated spec is 800Mhz with timings of 8-8-8-24

Set 8-8-8-24 and try and keep it around 800Mhz

Technically its already overclocked. I hope that makes sense
That's what the timings are at the moment.
So the 1600Mhz on the sticker means nothing what so ever?
post #1926 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby. View Post
That's what the timings are at the moment.
So the 1600Mhz on the sticker means nothing what so ever?
1600Mhz is what they are rated to run at but anything past 1066 is overclocking. Its a motherboard/chipset thing. its ok your good
post #1927 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
1600Mhz is what they are rated to run at but anything past 1066 is overclocking. Its a motherboard/chipset thing.
Fair enough.
So therefore paying the extra money for 2000Mhz wouldn't have been worth it?
post #1928 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby. View Post
Fair enough.
So therefore paying the extra money for 2000Mhz wouldn't have been worth it?
sure it is. harder to get stable though.

Same as having 12gb installed puts more strain on the IMC
Edited by Bodycount - 7/10/10 at 2:11am
post #1929 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby. View Post
That's what the timings are at the moment.
So the 1600Mhz on the sticker means nothing what so ever?
1600MHz is probably the DDR (twice as high as non-DDR) speed. The speed you see in CPU-Z is the non-DDR speed.
#well
(19 items)
 
Lenovo L530
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H XFX Radeon HD 6950 Corsair CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 Hitachi HDS722020ALA330 Generic DVD±RW Burner Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Dell U2711 LG W2453 Ducky DK9008 Overclock.net Edition, Cherry MX B... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850 Antec Three Hundred Corsair Raptor M40 QPAD HeatoN M 
AudioAudioAudio
E-MU Tracker|pre Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm AntLion ModMIc 
CPUGraphicsRAMRAM
Intel Ivy Bridge 3210M Intel HD 4000 Graphics Soldered Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD-+RW Windows 7 Professional 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
#well
(19 items)
 
Lenovo L530
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H XFX Radeon HD 6950 Corsair CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung EVO 840 Hitachi HDS722020ALA330 Generic DVD±RW Burner Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Dell U2711 LG W2453 Ducky DK9008 Overclock.net Edition, Cherry MX B... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX850 Antec Three Hundred Corsair Raptor M40 QPAD HeatoN M 
AudioAudioAudio
E-MU Tracker|pre Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm AntLion ModMIc 
CPUGraphicsRAMRAM
Intel Ivy Bridge 3210M Intel HD 4000 Graphics Soldered Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD-+RW Windows 7 Professional 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1930 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
sure it is. harder to get stable though.

Same as having 12gb installed puts more strain on the IMC
Okay, back to my question what CPU clock ratio, CPU host frequency and voltages would you recommend for 4Ghz?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club