Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club - Page 77

post #761 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
Welcome to Club Lucass


sorry for the crazy postings
Had to catch up 4 pages and go back and make sure you were getting a LE and not the E758 because i didnt want you to run into the problem i did with the large heatsint on the E758 getting in the way of the radiator on the H50 with that case design. but your good

This is the madness that ensued Think..Think

anybody got any ideas what else i can do with my H50 rad and fans? This is going to have to do until i can afford a case. but then again after i slapped it on the wall i'd rather spend money on fermi's and PSU.
Do you just have this stuff screwed to the wall or something? I haven't quite seen a setup like this before. It's kinda like a tech bench, but then...it's not a bench!

You need to get that H50 radiator and fan standing up on it's end ASAP. The way you have it now, it doesn't look like the lower fan has anywhere to either push air, or pull air from. If that's true, you're probably creating some kind of vacuum or air pocket there which can't be good for cooling or the fans.

Since it looks like you don't have too much hosing to play with, I suggest trying to hang the radiator and fan assembly BELOW the shelf. It's hard for me to describe what you should do since the pic isn't in a good angle to see and suggest anything, but I hope you get the idea!
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #762 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFaznSpEEdSTeR View Post
Looks like they released a new BIOS <1H ago.

BIOS 51 Updates:
  • Updates VT to correct issue with not enabling on specific setups.
  • Corrects issue where memory timings change after S3 resume on some configurations.
For more information go here
Thanks for the link!

But I'll wait for the verdict to come out over time and see if there's any real benefit for us lowly 920/930 users or not.
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #763 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy.Yung View Post
Do you just have this stuff screwed to the wall or something? I haven't quite seen a setup like this before. It's kinda like a tech bench, but then...it's not a bench!

You need to get that H50 radiator and fan standing up on it's end ASAP. The way you have it now, it doesn't look like the lower fan has anywhere to either push air, or pull air from. If that's true, you're probably creating some kind of vacuum or air pocket there which can't be good for cooling or the fans.

Since it looks like you don't have too much hosing to play with, I suggest trying to hang the radiator and fan assembly BELOW the shelf. It's hard for me to describe what you should do since the pic isn't in a good angle to see and suggest anything, but I hope you get the idea!

1/4 ply--spacer---mobo case plate---standoffs----mobo
Theres a hole cut out there.
stock H50 fan and a real piece o crap case fan. H50 fan is pulling
post #764 of 2630
And regarding your H50, you have:

Plywood with hole cutout -> radiator -> push fan -> radiator -> pull fan?

Are you having temp issues? Or are you just trying to change it up a bit?
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #765 of 2630
Just flashed to 51, will report back.
post #766 of 2630
McLaren, always ready to flash to the latest and greatest!
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #767 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy.Yung View Post
And regarding your H50, you have:

Plywood with hole cutout -> radiator -> push fan -> radiator -> pull fan?

Are you having temp issues? Or are you just trying to change it up a bit?
no its..

Plywood with hole cutout -> pull fan -> radiator -> push fan -> going down

Just want to make it more effective and i can hit 85c in LinX but thats only LinX with high clocks 4.1Ghz and higher

Maybe i'll try some spacers and shrouds
Edited by Bodycount - 3/31/10 at 9:29pm
post #768 of 2630
On another note, picked up a Caviar Blue from MicroCenter tonight along with some misc. stuff (fan power splitter, SATA cable, SSD tray). This was my most interesting visit to MicroCenter to date. I was looking at cables and some guy was asking for help with motherboards. I overheard him say he just got a i7 980 and he was looking for a motherboard. The sales guy was confused and said "So you have how many cores, 4? You need a P55 board?" At that point, I just had to butt in because this guy was going to be SOL after leaving the store. I tried to get him to go Classified, but they didn't have that board there, so he ended up with a Gigabyte UD7. He wanted a CM V8 cooler, I steered him away and had him get a Megahalmes. He thought these heatsinks didn't need fans, so we went on a crash course on push/pull. I gave him 2 Scythe S-Flex 1200's for the heatsink. I helped him out with all this stuff and he was really grateful for it, but in the end the MicroCenter employee slaps their commission sticker on his stuff to get paid for not helping the guy/steering him in the wrong way.

I also may be building 2 more i7 rigs to replace my other computer at my desk and one of my coworkers. hahahah
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #769 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
Welcome to Club Lucass


sorry for the crazy postings
Had to catch up 4 pages and go back and make sure you were getting a LE and not the E758 because i didnt want you to run into the problem i did with the large heatsint on the E758 getting in the way of the radiator on the H50 with that case design. but your good

This is the madness that ensued Think..Think

anybody got any ideas what else i can do with my H50 rad and fans? This is going to have to do until i can afford a case. but then again after i slapped it on the wall i'd rather spend money on fermi's and PSU.

Haha, that's one crazy setup.

What do you have on your NB for cooling? Is that part of your loop?

EDIT:Never mind I see that it's a fan now.
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
post #770 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
no its..

Plywood with hole cutout -> pull fan -> radiator -> push fan -> going down

Just want to make it more effective and i can hit 85c in LinX but thats only LinX with high clocks 4.1Ghz and higher
Heat rises. Your air flow should be going the other way if you are going to keep in a vertical setup.

Your temps are kinda high, I don't even hit 85c in LinX with my Xiggy Dark Knight w/ stock fan. Ven-X is even better. Your H50 should be better than my Xiggy and a little better/worse than the Ven-X.
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
i7.5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 4.0GHz @ 1.20v EVGA x58 757 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 Mushkin Blackline-1600 12GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS VW266H 25.5" Antec TruePower New TP-750 
Case
Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club