Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club - Page 91

post #901 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
No luck


i went back to x20 for a min "running a prime blend 78c high 72c low test 5"

so far i tried

191x21
ich/ioh 1.20v
qpi 1.35v
vcore 1.19v,1.21v.1.22v
skipped 1.20 because it gives me 1.41v

Stop codes..
24
9c
Any reason why you are trying the 20x multi? I have read that even multi's are not very good for i7's
B&W
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS)// OCZ Vertex 4 1... EK Water blocks P280 Water Cooling Kit Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition Samsung 40" LED 4K TV 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2 Corsair Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
B&W
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS)// OCZ Vertex 4 1... EK Water blocks P280 Water Cooling Kit Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition Samsung 40" LED 4K TV 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2 Corsair Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #902 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Patty View Post
Any reason why you are trying the 20x multi? I have read that even multi's are not very good for i7's
Because its more stable on my cpu and set up than x21 and its easier to get my ram to run at spec without smashing into my Bclk wall






Body
post #903 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
Because its more stable on my cpu and set up than x21 and its easier to get my ram to run at spec without smashing into my Bclk wall






Body
What is your BCLK wall? Have you tried raising your PCI-E to about 102-103? Have you tried to give it more ICH voltage?
B&W
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS)// OCZ Vertex 4 1... EK Water blocks P280 Water Cooling Kit Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition Samsung 40" LED 4K TV 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2 Corsair Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
B&W
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS)// OCZ Vertex 4 1... EK Water blocks P280 Water Cooling Kit Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition Samsung 40" LED 4K TV 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2 Corsair Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #904 of 2630
Greetings Everyone.
Just finished catching up on this long thread
I am a proud owner of a Evga x58 3x/SLI with a Intel i7 930 (2.8ghz). Currently I'm running two GTX 280 OC video cards in SLI and 6gb of Patriot Viper Ram. Operating system Win 7 (64bit). Been drooling for a GTX 480 SuperClocked perhaps in the future.
Probably the best computer I've ever owned so far. Was real happy that my bro-in-law talked me into the EVGA x58 board. Very much worth the money IMO.
I'm interested in OC'in to a low 3.4ghz. Just like to give the PC a little extra beef. Perhaps get a game to run a few more fps or bench-up a bit on 3d Mark Vantage. I've seen some template settings from other members. I've OC'ed before on Asus boards, but it's been a while because I've become complacent and less willing to tinker with setttings.
Can anyone suggest a safe template of settings to get me started in the bios. I do have pretty good air cooling in the case. I have a Cooler Master Tower (HAF) and Roswell 1000W PW Supply. I used the Eleet Tuning Utility just to mess around and moved up to 3.0ghz just on the QPI setting. Everything ran well.
Thanks for any advice guys. Hope to hear from you.
Madwon's Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 (2.8ghz) EVGA X58 3X/SLI Dual GTX 280 OC 6gb Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1.5 TB 7200RPM HD Windows 7 (64bit) Viewsonic 22" Widescreen Standard MS$ Curve Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Roswell 1000W Cooler Master HAF G5 Lazer Comfort Gel 
  hide details  
Reply
Madwon's Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 (2.8ghz) EVGA X58 3X/SLI Dual GTX 280 OC 6gb Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1.5 TB 7200RPM HD Windows 7 (64bit) Viewsonic 22" Widescreen Standard MS$ Curve Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Roswell 1000W Cooler Master HAF G5 Lazer Comfort Gel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #905 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Patty View Post
What is your BCLK wall? Have you tried raising your PCI-E to about 102-103? Have you tried to give it more ICH voltage?
around 206 under 1.33750v. and i have heard nothing good on raising pci-e.
I was barely comfortable with 101 so there no way in hell its going above 102-103. That and i dont understand what it does exactly and wont pretend to. I'm already breakin rules If you cant replace it dont mess with it
Thats just me though. Which is strange because i'm more like if it ain't broke than lets break it trying to make it better






Body
post #906 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwon View Post
Greetings Everyone.
Just finished catching up on this long thread
I am a proud owner of a Evga x58 3x/SLI with a Intel i7 930 (2.8ghz). Currently I'm running two GTX 280 OC video cards in SLI and 6gb of Patriot Viper Ram. Operating system Win 7 (64bit). Been drooling for a GTX 480 SuperClocked perhaps in the future.
Probably the best computer I've ever owned so far. Was real happy that my bro-in-law talked me into the EVGA x58 board. Very much worth the money IMO.
I'm interested in OC'in to a low 3.4ghz. Just like to give the PC a little extra beef. Perhaps get a game to run a few more fps or bench-up a bit on 3d Mark Vantage. I've seen some template settings from other members. I've OC'ed before on Asus boards, but it's been a while because I've become complacent and less willing to tinker with setttings.
Can anyone suggest a safe template of settings to get me started in the bios. I do have pretty good air cooling in the case. I have a Cooler Master Tower (HAF) and Roswell 1000W PW Supply. I used the Eleet Tuning Utility just to mess around and moved up to 3.0ghz just on the QPI setting. Everything ran well.
Thanks for any advice guys. Hope to hear from you.


Welcome Madwon to OCN!

You will get all the help you need in this thread and then some i'm sure







Body
post #907 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
around 206 under 1.33750v. and i have heard nothing good on raising pci-e.
I was barely comfortable with 101 so there no way in hell its going above 102-103. That and i dont understand what it does exactly and wont pretend to. I'm already breakin rules If you cant replace it dont mess with it
Thats just me though. Which is strange because i'm more like if it ain't broke than lets break it trying to make it better






Body
Well, I haven't heard nothing bad of raising it when trying to do some benching. I wouldn't run it like that daily though. But I had a BCLK wall of about 214, after setting it from 100 to 102 I was able to go up to 223-224 easily with no effort. You can try juicing up the SB a bit more too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwon View Post
Greetings Everyone.
Just finished catching up on this long thread
I am a proud owner of a Evga x58 3x/SLI with a Intel i7 930 (2.8ghz). Currently I'm running two GTX 280 OC video cards in SLI and 6gb of Patriot Viper Ram. Operating system Win 7 (64bit). Been drooling for a GTX 480 SuperClocked perhaps in the future.
Probably the best computer I've ever owned so far. Was real happy that my bro-in-law talked me into the EVGA x58 board. Very much worth the money IMO.
I'm interested in OC'in to a low 3.4ghz. Just like to give the PC a little extra beef. Perhaps get a game to run a few more fps or bench-up a bit on 3d Mark Vantage. I've seen some template settings from other members. I've OC'ed before on Asus boards, but it's been a while because I've become complacent and less willing to tinker with setttings.
Can anyone suggest a safe template of settings to get me started in the bios. I do have pretty good air cooling in the case. I have a Cooler Master Tower (HAF) and Roswell 1000W PW Supply. I used the Eleet Tuning Utility just to mess around and moved up to 3.0ghz just on the QPI setting. Everything ran well.
Thanks for any advice guys. Hope to hear from you.

Hello buddy, welcome aboard.

not a template, but I'm sure just setting your RAM to specs (timings/voltages) you can overclock easily to about 3.4-3.6GHz, probably even more. This is just by setting your RAM and upping the BCLK. However, as you overclock the BCLK keep an eye on RAM speed as it'll keep raising. If it does to the points where it might cause instability, just set it at a lower divider. You can set it at 8 to start off. Once you get a little feel for it and get a decent clock, we can go into further tweaking and overclocking further.
B&W
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS)// OCZ Vertex 4 1... EK Water blocks P280 Water Cooling Kit Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition Samsung 40" LED 4K TV 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2 Corsair Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
B&W
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS)// OCZ Vertex 4 1... EK Water blocks P280 Water Cooling Kit Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition Samsung 40" LED 4K TV 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2 Corsair Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #908 of 2630
Welcome to the club madown, karma will add you once he gets to it
post #909 of 2630
Hello All i Have owned this board for a year as well as eing a member of this forum for 2 years! I am just finding this thread! lol I am running the LE paired with a 920 and after reading you guy's post it encouraged me to awaken my very old overclocking skills. The problem is stability which is why i have come to ask for your help i will give a complete description of my ram and my BIOS settings. Also i wanted to know how i can check whether or not my processor is DO or CO? and which is better.... Here Are my Specs

CPU feature: Turbo and HT only enabled

Cpu clock ratio: 20
CPU host: 197- tried 200 and windows would not boot!
Cpu uncore: 16X

Memory 2:8 this gives me 1608MHZ

Timings! 8-8-8-24 Need help figuring out which is better? My ram normally runs
8-8-8-20 This is my Ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-298-_-Product

Voltages

Cpu Vcore-1.475V is this too much? how can i make this lower?
CPu VTT- +3.00mV
CPU PLL AUTO
QPI pll 1.400V
Dimm 1.65
Dimm DQ +0
IOH 1.400
IOH ICH 1.65
ICH 1.250

Scythe MUGEN 2
Silver On Black
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel Core i7 4770k  GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H Asus Strix GTX 980 16 GB Corsoar Vegeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 500GB WD 2TB Corsair H55 Win 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQXl2420T Ducky Shine Corsair AX 850 Gunmetal Grey NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Zowie FK Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Silver On Black
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel Core i7 4770k  GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H Asus Strix GTX 980 16 GB Corsoar Vegeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 500GB WD 2TB Corsair H55 Win 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQXl2420T Ducky Shine Corsair AX 850 Gunmetal Grey NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Zowie FK Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #910 of 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaG View Post
Hello All i Have owned this board for a year as well as eing a member of this forum for 2 years! I am just finding this thread! lol I am running the LE paired with a 920 and after reading you guy's post it encouraged me to awaken my very old overclocking skills. The problem is stability which is why i have come to ask for your help i will give a complete description of my ram and my BIOS settings. Also i wanted to know how i can check whether or not my processor is DO or CO? and which is better.... Here Are my Specs

CPU feature: Turbo and HT only enabled

Cpu clock ratio: 20
CPU host: 197- tried 200 and windows would not boot!
Cpu uncore: 16X

Memory 2:8 this gives me 1608MHZ

Timings! 8-8-8-24 Need help figuring out which is better? My ram normally runs
8-8-8-20 This is my Ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-298-_-Product

Voltages

Cpu Vcore-1.475V is this too much? how can i make this lower?
CPu VTT- +3.00mV
CPU PLL AUTO
QPI pll 1.400V
Dimm 1.65
Dimm DQ +0
IOH 1.400
IOH ICH 1.65
ICH 1.250

Scythe MUGEN 2


Welcome to the club ZaG


D0's are better. C0's don't overclock as well and require more volts

Lets start by downloading CPU-Z. This program will give you detailed info on your cpu and show your revision i.e D0/C0
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

2nd lets find out what your particular cpus VID "Voltage Identification" is as they are for the most part all different. You may be giving it more than it wants/needs

Cpu Vcore-1.475V Don't leave vcore on auto when overclocking!
Are you trying for 5.00Ghz?
CPu VTT- +300mV========= this looks pretty high try +75mV
CPU PLL AUTO
QPI pll 1.400V=========== 1.35v is intels max. Just make sure its within .5v of your ram

Dimm 1.65 =============Set your timings manually 8-8-8-24 dont leave it on auto
Dimm DQ +0
IOH 1.400=============1.1v~1.2v
IOH ICH 1.65===========1.5v
ICH 1.250=============1.1v~1.2v

from what i can see some of your settings could pose a problem. What bios are using?

Use this bios template and fill in your settings"or try mine" as you see it in your bios.
This makes it very easy for these guys to get the critical info needed on your OC settings and so the proper change can be made.

http://www.overclock.net/8959075-post893.html

Once you boot into windows with your new overclock you will need to test for stability
with programs such as Prime95,LinX

LinX
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=201670
Prime95
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205



Body
Edited by Bodycount - 4/5/10 at 1:19am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club