Overclock.net banner

Official EVGA X58 SLI/LE/Micro MB Owners Club

251K views 3K replies 208 participants last post by  Weltoris 
#1 ·
Welcome to the EVGA X58 MB Club Thread!

Thanks to alan & Fir3Chi3f for the new layout help

X58 SLI Classy.jpg

Member List: Still Working on the kinks of the new site layout

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Atbo9Q2CF2-ydHdqdE1qTnNpQ2w0ZUUtX0t1dlY5SHc&output=html&widget=true

• If you dont see your name and you want it added please post:

1. Name
  2. CPU - Freq - Vcore
  3. Motherboard (SLI3 - FTW3 - SLI LE - Classy)
  4. Bios version
  5. Bios template with Code Wrap (Hint, its done by typing [*CODE*] your words[*/CODE*] without the *)

Thanks... It helps for new members to have references for overclocking...

• Some Combined Information From Various Sources:

• What are the differences between the EVGA x58 motherboards?
Answer / Solution

EVGA has 7 different part numbers for our x58 motherboards.

121-BL-E756 EVGA x58 Micro ATX motherboard

141-BL-E757 EVGA x58 SLI LE motherboard

132-BL-E758 EVGA x58 SLI Motherboard

141-BL-E759 EVGA x58 Classified Limited Edition Motherboard with ECP x3 SLI at 16x

141-BL-E760 EVGA x58 Classified Motherboard

141-BL-E761 EVGA x58 Classified Motherboard with ECP

141-BL-E769 EVGA x58 Classified Motherboard Hydro Copper

Memory

(All amounts are listed with the latest BIOS installed)

X58 SLI Classified

6 x 240-pin DIMM sockets
Triple Channel DDR3
Maximum of 24GB of DDR3 1600MHz+ *

X58 SLI

6 x 240-pin DIMM sockets
Triple Channel DDR3
Maximum of 12GB of DDR3 1600MHz+ *

X58 SLI LE

6 x 240-pin DIMM sockets
Triple Channel DDR3

X58 SLI Micro

6 x 240-pin DIMM sockets
Triple Channel DDR3

* Please Note:

Make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed.
Check with your memory manufacturer to make sure you input the correct timings and voltages for your memory setup. For example, for a 12GB set running at 1600MHz or more, you may need to loosen up the timings in order for your system to be stable. Please see www.evga.com/support/motherboard/ for list of supported memory.

IDE/SATA

All the motherboard include the IHC10R Intel Raid Controller with 6 SATA ports.

The E758, E759, E760, E761 and E769 boards also include a JMicron IDE port and 2 JMicron SATA controllers. One of these controllers is a ESATA controller and the second controller is a internal RAID controller

None of the EVGA x58 motherboards have a floppy controller.

Graphics

Once graphics card will run at 16x in the primary slot on any of these boards.

Multiple graphics cards can run at different speeds based on configuration on each motherboard.

2 graphics card configurations

E756 both graphics cards will operate at 16x.(2 slots total)

E757 primary graphics card will operate at 16x the second graphics card will operate at 8x.

E758 both graphics cards will operate at 16x.

E759 both graphics cards will operate at 16x.

E760/E761/E769 both graphics cards will operate at 16x.

3 graphics card configurations

E756 not possible as this motherboard only supports 2 PCIE graphics cards.

E757 primary graphics card will operate at 16x, the second and third graphics card will operate at 8x.

E758 primary graphics cards will operate at 16x, the second and third graphics card will operate at 8x.

E759 all three graphics cards will operate at 16x.

E760/E761/E769 primary graphics cards will operate at 16x, the second and third graphics card will operate at 8x.

4 graphics card configuration

E756 not possible as this motherboard only supports 2 PCIE graphics cards.

E757 primary, second and third graphics card will operate at 8x, the fourth graphics card will operate at 4x.

E758 not possible as this motherboard only supports 3 PCIE graphics cards.

E759 primary and second graphics card will operate at 16x, the third and fourth graphics card will operate at 8x.

E760/E761/E769 all four graphics cards will operate at 8x.

EVGA Control Panel (ECP)

The EVGA Control Panel is available for the EVGA x58 Classified motherboards. It is included in the E759 and E761 models. The E760 model must purchase it separately at www.evga.com/products

Warranty

The EVGA x58 motherboards carry different warranties.

All EVGA product with the exception of products that part number end in -RX carry a 1 year warranty.

Any product which part number ends in -A1 or -AR includes an available Limited Lifetime Warranty*. This is activated providing that the warranty policy is followed especially, but not exclusively, that the product is registered in your EVGA.com member account within 30 days of purchase.

Any product which part number ends in -T1 or -TR includes an available 2 Year Warranty*. This is activated providing that the warranty policy is followed especially, but not exclusively, that the product is registered in your EVGA.com member account within 30 days of purchase.

*More details to the warranty policy are found at www.evga.com/support/warranty/

EVGA X58 Voltage Guide Click Here

• Latest Bios:

Quote:
New BIOS for x58 boards are out (rev. 83) Click Here . Here's what Jacob posted:

BIOS 83 Updates: September 02, 2011
  • Updates CPU Microcode
    Improved CPU Support

• SATA III/6G Firmware Update version 1701 Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:10 PM
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=883389

The Firmware and Software below is applicable to the following mainboards:

• EVGA CLASSIFIED SR-2
  • EVGA x58 CLASSIFIED 3
  • EVGA X58 FTW 3
  • EVGA X58 SLI 3
PLEASE NOTE:
  • It is strongly recommended that you backup any data on the SATAIII/6G drives if in a raid configuration before flashing the Marvell chipset. In rare occurrences the raid will degrade and could lose data.
  • If this is a new installation, flashing of firmware is recommended before installation of data to the drive to minimize any issues that may occur after the flash if in a raid configuration.
  • After firmware is flashed to the marvell controller the drivers should be reinstalled to avoid any possible issues that can arise as it recognizes the controller differently after the flash.

Firmware Version 1.0.0.1701
  • Enhances AHCI compatibility

Step by step, with pictures for BLACK Intel (no drivers needed, they are built into win7)

Step by step, with pictures and a link to the drivers for the RED Jmicron

Sig Banner
EVGA X58 MB Owners Club

Code:

Code:
[CODE][CENTER][URL="http://www.overclock.net/intel-motherboards/669430-official-evga-x58-mb-owners-club.html"][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=red]EVGA[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]X58[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]MB[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Owners[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Club[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/URL][/CENTER]
[/CODE]

Evga X58 Voltage Read-out points:
http://www.evga.com/articles/00438/p..._ezvoltage.asp

EVGA X58 HWBot Records & Awards

http://hwbot.org/

(in order to get faster assistance, it is recommended to fill in your specs and post the evga X58 SLI Bios Template Attached Below)
Also a collection of stable bios templates are being added.
Bios Template:

If you have a bios template filled out with your current OC please IM me so I can add it here...

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
add me plz!

• Rep+
Reactions: Fir3Chi3f
#3 ·
Give me some info to put in there. lol
What bios are you running? Max OC? 24/7 clock?
MOAR INFO!

#6 ·
Added people, updated OP with pics of my settings.

#9 ·
Indeed. I posted mine but they didn't seem to help him. Anyone else have any snapshots of their settings handy?

#11 ·
alright guys, i think i have found my issue on the spot here, im currently stable on close to 3.5 ghz and 1.247v @ 30+ minutes prime95 temps not exceeding 67C i have to leave the memory alone for some reason and its stable

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOmega View Post
Hey guys, what is your honest opinion of this board? I'm looking in to getting either this one or the EVGA 3x SLI. Is it worth the extra money to get the 3x sli?
im happy with my purchase, for me its just kinda tacky to get a decent oc done, but i finally figured it out i think, leaving the memory alone and simply touching cpu freq / vcore and vtt seems to work pretty nice

installing new bios took like 5 seconds, with decent support in their forums, i think its a good purchase.

im only running one gpu, so i wouldnt have much of a benefit of more pci-e's

what was a downer on the board was no esata onboard, but thats again not an issue for me

#13 ·
i think it does support tri sli, cuz there was 2 dual bridges and a single, newegg advertises that it does support tri sli and physx, so im assuming it will run it no problem

heres a quote from their page:

Quote:

Enthusiast Layout supporting 2-Way, 3-Way, and 3-Way SLI w/ PhysX

EVGA Vdroop control: Stabilizes voltage and ensures the maximum stability when overclocking.

Onboard Clear CMOS, Power and reset buttons with built in power and hdd activity led indicators.

EVGA E-LEET Tuning Utility gives you quick access to overclocking controls without going into Bios.

Onboard Debug LED shows CPU temperature.

the onboard debug led shows me a different cpu temp then the coretemp / hw mon / realtemp tho.

onboard led: 43 / coretemp: 57

one fine piece of work, is definatly the damn e leet tool, that thing rocks, nice and easy to see the voltage and such of the whole deal, and cool that you can oc within the OS to see what you get as far as stock voltage and clocks go !

#15 ·
I believe it support Tri-SLI, and if you have single slot GPU's (fat chance I know) then you could technically also have a GPU for physx.

Honestly I think it's a great board. Only problem I ever have had is with the NB (or whatever you call the large onboard heatsink now-a-days) got rather warm. I replaced the stock TIM with some stuff that came with my TRUE, it helped a good bit.
Other then that this board has been great for me.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaKiller
View Post

I believe it support Tri-SLI, and if you have single slot GPU's (fat chance I know) then you could technically also have a GPU for physx.

Honestly I think it's a great board. Only problem I ever have had is with the NB (or whatever you call the large onboard heatsink now-a-days) got rather warm. I replaced the stock TIM with some stuff that came with my TRUE, it helped a good bit.

^ that thing will be watercooled on my end! i need to its getting hot as hell

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman1985
View Post

i think it does support tri sli, cuz there was 2 dual bridges and a single, newegg advertises that it does support tri sli and physx, so im assuming it will run it no problem

heres a quote from their page:

the onboard debug led shows me a different cpu temp then the coretemp / hw mon / realtemp tho.

onboard led: 43 / coretemp: 57

one fine piece of work, is definatly the damn e leet tool, that thing rocks, nice and easy to see the voltage and such of the whole deal, and cool that you can oc within the OS to see what you get as far as stock voltage and clocks go !

Your temps sound about right with coretemp. Typically, the coretemp will be higher than CPU socket temp; although, it seems to be the exact opposite with the Phenom II's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaKiller
View Post

Yeah the layout isn't the greatest from the PCI slot down.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but is there even a single slot GPU that supports 3x SLI? AFAIK, there isn't a one.

I just looked at the 3x sli and the board is laid out a little better. That and it's only a $30 difference, I think I might go for the 3x SLI so I can use my XFI. When I get it, I'll definitely pop in to pester you guys about OCing the i7.

Thanks for your replies fellas.

#18 ·
Bout time I say. Was really missing the old ud3p watering hole.

I'll look into some pics/settings etc. here in a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOmega
View Post

Your temps sound about right with coretemp. Typically, the coretemp will be higher than CPU socket temp; although, it seems to be the exact opposite with the Phenom II's.

Yeah the layout isn't the greatest from the PCI slot down.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but is there even a single slot GPU that supports 3x SLI? AFAIK, there isn't a one.

I just looked at the 3x sli and the board is laid out a little better. That and it's only a $30 difference, I think I might go for the 3x SLI so I can use my XFI. When I get it, I'll definitely pop in to pester you guys about OCing the i7.

Thanks for your replies fellas.

You can always just use a 9800gt for a phys card. Your phys card doesn't have to be the same as your sli'd cards. Even though the 4th card would be kinda hanging off the board, you could still use a double in the last slot so long as your case has enough slots to accomodate it. (granted, I can see if you're using a lot of the plugs there at the end it could be quite fussy).

That said, I ran 3x 4890's in mine for a while (wifey stole 1), didn't really have any issues w/ it.

#19 ·
cool, i honestly dont see the functionality of a tri sli nor the need. but thats me personally xD i honestly would say a single 5870 is perfect for any high end gaming on 1920x1200 res.

the layout of the tri sli and onboard features are better tho. (and well worth 30 bucks)

you get the dual onboard lan, esata, 2 more usb ports of the get go, and so on

----

3.665 ghz on 1.247v
im getting there

#21 ·
Add me to the list too

KaramaKiller is that the newest BIOS with "Turbo Performance"?

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Somenamehere
View Post

You can add me to the list next Tuesday/Wednesday I just bought one and its being shipped friday.

Make sure you post pics when you get it. This thread could use "unboxing" pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren_F1
View Post

Add me to the list too

KaramaKiller is that the newest BIOS with "Turbo Performance"?

Yes it is, but I have it disabled. AFAIK, it just keeps ram at 2:8, which I already have set. If it does anything more then that let me know, I may try it out.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by supaspoon
View Post

Bout time I say. Was really missing the old ud3p watering hole.

I'll look into some pics/settings etc. here in a bit.

You can always just use a 9800gt for a phys card. Your phys card doesn't have to be the same as your sli'd cards. Even though the 4th card would be kinda hanging off the board, you could still use a double in the last slot so long as your case has enough slots to accomodate it. (granted, I can see if you're using a lot of the plugs there at the end it could be quite fussy).

That said, I ran 3x 4890's in mine for a while (wifey stole 1), didn't really have any issues w/ it.

Well it's not that, the last 2 PCie slots are right on top of each other. So lets say you did run tri-SLI, the 3rd card would cover up the 4th PCIe slot. So I don't see how you could run 3x SLI + PhysX.

Quote:

View Post

cool, i honestly dont see the functionality of a tri sli nor the need. but thats me personally xD i honestly would say a single 5870 is perfect for any high end gaming on 1920x1200 res.

the layout of the tri sli and onboard features are better tho. (and well worth 30 bucks)

you get the dual onboard lan, esata, 2 more usb ports of the get go, and so on

Yeah, I saw the price difference was relatively negligible and noticed the the 3xSLI is laid out better. Has 2 PCI slots, so I can use my XFi
I love that thing.

As for my GPUs', I'm probably not going to upgrade for a while. Within the last 6 months, I will have built 2 new rigs; if I spend any more cash on hardware I think my wife is going to
me.

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOmega
View Post

Well it's not that, the last 2 PCie slots are right on top of each other. So lets say you did run tri-SLI, the 3rd card would cover up the 4th PCIe slot. So I don't see how you could run 3x SLI + PhysX.

Didn't even think of that, but yeah, I see exactly what you're talking about now. Forgot what the name of them is, but there's 'extender' things that you could use. Or wc+cut rear plate. But yeah, it'd be a p.i.t.a.

#25 ·
alright guys, i just thought i share this with the ppl that own the board...

just went ahead and followed karma's advice, added an antec spotcool in my case pointed right at the nb.

heres the result, before and after, folding @ 100% load on 7 cores, no ambient changes nothing has changed.

temps before:

temps after:

for $16 dollars at bestbuy, this is a suitable temporary solution, i will be switching tim's on it once i get my wc setup for the cpu loop in, ill report back with temp changes.

#26 ·
Quote:

View Post

alright guys, i think i have found my issue on the spot here, im currently stable on close to 3.5 ghz and 1.247v @ 30+ minutes prime95 temps not exceeding 67C i have to leave the memory alone for some reason and its stable

Hey hitman, i hope this link will help you acheive the clock speed you want. I too had difficulty overclocking my spare computer that has an EVGA e758 coming from just knowing the bloodrage bios i though it will be the same due to evga using award bios. Anyways looking in the evga forum and using the shansmi guide i was able to acheive 4.2 stable. It took a whole day to get it to 4.2 and another whole day of checking its stability but was happy with the results and learning experience.

http://www.evga.com/FORUMS/tm.aspx?m=7528

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.