Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › HOWTO: SLI on a non-SLI Motherboard (GTX5xx compatible 1.0 final released!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOWTO: SLI on a non-SLI Motherboard (GTX5xx compatible 1.0 final released!) - Page 46

post #451 of 1985
Still can't get it to work just says I need to reboot.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770k @ 4.5ghz MSI PC MATE Z97 EVGA gtx 780ti Samsung green 8gb 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB OCZ vertex 4 128gb Windows 7 64bit BenQ G2420HDBL LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruePower Moduler 750w Zalman z9 plus Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770k @ 4.5ghz MSI PC MATE Z97 EVGA gtx 780ti Samsung green 8gb 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB OCZ vertex 4 128gb Windows 7 64bit BenQ G2420HDBL LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruePower Moduler 750w Zalman z9 plus Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #452 of 1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick19011 View Post
Still can't get it to work just says I need to reboot.
You need to to have 2 GPUs physically installed to run SLI.
post #453 of 1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick19011 View Post
Still can't get it to work just says I need to reboot.
put both cards in, make all your connections and the sli bridge.

use gpu-z to verify two cards are being detected

install the nvidia driver and reboot

install the sli patch and reboot

when windows starts up, it will give you two options, choose the "sli" one

apply sli in the nividia settings when the nvidia cp prompts you "this setup is sli capable"

run furmark of kombuster multi gpu, make sure its multi gpu, open up msi afterburner and make sure it shows two gpu and while running furmark or kombuster, make sure both gpu's are at 90%+ load.

thats it. good luck , if you have any more issues, here is the link where the developers of the hack can answer you questions or concerns:

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=60844
post #454 of 1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post
put both cards in, make all your connections and the sli bridge.

use gpu-z to verify two cards are being detected

install the nvidia driver and reboot

install the sli patch and reboot

when windows starts up, it will give you two options, choose the "sli" one

apply sli in the nividia settings when the nvidia cp prompts you "this setup is sli capable"

run furmark of kombuster multi gpu, make sure its multi gpu, open up msi afterburner and make sure it shows two gpu and while running furmark or kombuster, make sure both gpu's are at 90%+ load.

thats it. good luck , if you have any more issues, here is the link where the developers of the hack can answer you questions or concerns:

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=60844
Ok got second card installed, GPU-Z picks it up as standard vga graphics adapter, is this correct or should it say gtx 460 like my first 1?
Afterburner only detects 1 card.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770k @ 4.5ghz MSI PC MATE Z97 EVGA gtx 780ti Samsung green 8gb 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB OCZ vertex 4 128gb Windows 7 64bit BenQ G2420HDBL LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruePower Moduler 750w Zalman z9 plus Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770k @ 4.5ghz MSI PC MATE Z97 EVGA gtx 780ti Samsung green 8gb 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB OCZ vertex 4 128gb Windows 7 64bit BenQ G2420HDBL LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruePower Moduler 750w Zalman z9 plus Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #455 of 1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick19011 View Post
Ok got second card installed, GPU-Z picks it up as standard vga graphics adapter, is this correct or should it say gtx 460 like my first 1?
Afterburner only detects 1 card.
Done everything still says I need to reboot.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770k @ 4.5ghz MSI PC MATE Z97 EVGA gtx 780ti Samsung green 8gb 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB OCZ vertex 4 128gb Windows 7 64bit BenQ G2420HDBL LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruePower Moduler 750w Zalman z9 plus Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770k @ 4.5ghz MSI PC MATE Z97 EVGA gtx 780ti Samsung green 8gb 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB OCZ vertex 4 128gb Windows 7 64bit BenQ G2420HDBL LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruePower Moduler 750w Zalman z9 plus Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #456 of 1985
run driver sweeper first, then try again. if no luck, I would recommend a reformat of windows to start w/ a clean slate.

gpu-z should say gtx 460 on both, so something is not right there, you can also check w/ cpu-z and msi afterburner.

edit: just looking at your mb specs, Im not sure, but the second pcie maybe running @ 4x. contact asus to see what specs will you mb run with two cards on the pcie 2.0 slots.
Edited by wermad - 11/2/10 at 3:25pm
post #457 of 1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post
run driver sweeper first, then try again. if no luck, I would recommend a reformat of windows to start w/ a clean slate.

gpu-z should say gtx 460 on both, so something is not right there, you can also check w/ cpu-z and msi afterburner.

edit: just looking at your mb specs, Im not sure, but the second pcie maybe running @ 4x. contact asus to see what specs will you mb run with two cards on the pcie 2.0 slots.
on GPU-Z in bus interface it says the second card running at 4X is this why it is not working?
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770k @ 4.5ghz MSI PC MATE Z97 EVGA gtx 780ti Samsung green 8gb 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB OCZ vertex 4 128gb Windows 7 64bit BenQ G2420HDBL LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruePower Moduler 750w Zalman z9 plus Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 4770k @ 4.5ghz MSI PC MATE Z97 EVGA gtx 780ti Samsung green 8gb 30nm 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB OCZ vertex 4 128gb Windows 7 64bit BenQ G2420HDBL LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruePower Moduler 750w Zalman z9 plus Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #458 of 1985
I just had to run a clean instal of Win 7 x64

I'm trying to figure out if I should install my mobo chipset drivers and if so do I install them before the sli hack 9b patcher?

I still have not installed any gpu drivers yet. I had swopped out my gpu's to many times and the system did not like it.
Black N Blue Baby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph II X4 955 BE (C3) @ 3.5GHz MSI NF980-G65 PCS R9 380 4GB 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer BL2KIT25664TN1337 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2TB WD Black WD2003FZEX LG 20x DVD Lightscribe Burner Win7 Ult x64  Samsung LN-S4095D 1080P 40" LCD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX1000w Mod'd Antec Nine Hundred Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Big Black Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Black N Blue Baby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph II X4 955 BE (C3) @ 3.5GHz MSI NF980-G65 PCS R9 380 4GB 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer BL2KIT25664TN1337 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2TB WD Black WD2003FZEX LG 20x DVD Lightscribe Burner Win7 Ult x64  Samsung LN-S4095D 1080P 40" LCD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX1000w Mod'd Antec Nine Hundred Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Big Black Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #459 of 1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick19011 View Post
on GPU-Z in bus interface it says the second card running at 4X is this why it is not working?
I had a suspicion it was that, for a highend card like the gtx460, imo its not letting it perform well. I would recommend sell your gtx 460(s) and get a single powerful card, like the gtx 480/470 or 5850/5870/5970 and not bother with the hack. or just get a new mb, and if you do get a new mb, best to make sure it has native sli and again not bother with the hack. mine is not working that well, Im waiting to switch my mb to one w/ native sli.

Any one out there who thinks it will work ok @ 4x, please jump in and help rick, Im not 100% sure on my claim
post #460 of 1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post
mine is not working that well
What issues are you having?

Mines works just great (I guess )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › HOWTO: SLI on a non-SLI Motherboard (GTX5xx compatible 1.0 final released!)