Originally Posted by BeyondEyefinity
has anyone used this hack with gtx460 yet? if so please email me so we can chat about it. I am about to use it on my crosshair 4 with msi n460gtx cyclones. but alittle nervous about the out come
take some time to read this thread, or the last 10-20 pages, you'll find the answer to all your questions. I got two gtx 470 on the same mb cpu combo you have working fine w/ the old hack (ver 0.8), I suggest you back up on your stuff just in case you have to reformat your hdd. The latest hack supports the gtx 460 (the thread title has been updated). There is no challenge in getting this done:
1) Install on card
2) Install latest Nvidia driver support (please check the hack site for info, it might work with the latest one, though I would suggest to download a few of the prior drivers and keep in mind the first driver to support the gtx 460 is 258.xx).
3)Turn off and install second card AND sli bridge (please make sure its not a crossfire bridge
4) verify gpu-z is detecting two cards, if so ->
5) Install patch: download>install>reboot
6)Upon windows start up, it will prompt you with two options. Choose the one that says "SLI enabled"
7) Wait for the Nvidia CP (Control Panel) to prompt you about SLI and enabling it. If you don't get this message immediately, something did not go right, try installing the patch again.
8) Once the Nvidia cp says you have SLI enabled, run MSI Afterburner and verify two cards are showing up (gpu1 & gpu2 or gpu0 & gpu1, samthing) AND run either MSI Kombuster multi-gpu or Furmark multi-gpu. While running, ensure the BOTH cards are loading in MSI Afterburner.
That's it! Good luck if you have any questions post here or join TechPowerUp and post in the original hack thread where the developers and contributors along with users can help with any questions or concerns.
Hack site: http://xdevs.com/e107_plugins/conten...php?content.30
TechPowerUP forum: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=60844
Hey guys, as you can see from my sig rig, I changed to a native sli mb. I'm waiting for my 2nd rma fermi to arrive this week and my cpu and ram. Thanks again for all the help with my Crosshair IV Formula and gtx 470 sli. My help really can only go that far since I no longer have this hack going. Edited by wermad - 11/21/10 at 6:59pm