Well, I went ahead and used the Microsoft procedures for upgrading a motherboard instead or reformatting and reinstallation. So far so good! I'm still waiting for the bugs to show up.
I did a reconfiguration with these procedures about 2 years ago when I put an Intel 865GLC board in a Gateway PC I had at the time. That system ran good for me then so I figured I'd give it another shot.
The worst part of the day was trying to bleed the air out of the water cooling I finally installed.
Glad that stuff is over. Now I just need to work this rig over to maximize it's stability and performance.
Oh, yeah! I followed the listed procedures in my last post to a T. Still had to reactivate windows (3 day period due to - "The system has had a significant change since the last time windows was registered" message). I did not delete any drivers whatsoever. My Catalyst driver is still in place. Haven't been up and running long enough to come across any errors, yet!