Got some work done over thursday and friday.
First and foremost, got me a vac pump!
it is this
guy right here. They were out of the cheaper $80 one....sadly.
Ok so I didn't take pics of doing this next bit of work because my camera charger is nowhere to be found, and using my mother's d50 didn't occur to me until later.
Whether it was blockage or brazing the cap tube shut, I am not sure. What I did do is I cut in increments of about a 1/4", starting 1" into the coil where the captube dumps until all of the previous brazing alloy was gone (along with the cap tube in that section.
Since I left the 1" piece of coil on the cap tube I just heated it and let the coil fall off and let nitrogen keep the captube clear of any brazing alloy that tried to seep in, and let it continue blowing while everything cooled off. Wewt, no collapse or clog!
Doing that also reaffirmed that there was no clog etc. from the drier side of the cap.
Yay I learnt!
So anyways here is the setup
I realize that I had the high and low side manifold hoses swapped, they are now in their proper places.
You can see the coil here.
So I vacc'ed it down..
I did this a couple of times because I noticed that when I vac'ed it, and shut the manifold valves, after little bit the vac kinda decreased to like -15-20 instead of -30 psi.
So I just let it sit like that, then vacced it again for 15-20 mins.
I charged and plugged in, but the comp clicked after about 2 seconds... tried again and it got real warm, then clicked, and nothing...and on top of that the used fridge I jacked it from was having intermittent cooling issues...so I am convinced I have a dead comp on my hands. I probably had a hand in killing it, but ...I learnt!
There are proper ways to evac a system...use them! hehe. Or get it done for ya locally.
I don't know if I am going to get a new comp or try to salvage another used one...will see this week. The sprint to finals is coming up so less work will be getting done...sadly. That doesn't mean a shortage of updates though!