Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › X1900xt/xtx
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

X1900xt/xtx - Page 3

post #21 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Oh don't get me wrong, I'll be the first one to say the 7800GTX 512MB was a total disaster. nVidia can't make enough of them to meet demand, they even said so themselves, so they charge a huge premium for a marginally faster card. It's not even that much faster than the regular GTX, nothing a little overclocking can't help. But there's certainly no shortage of people grabbing for them (hell look around here and you'll see people with two of them). I'm just making the point that going off on a tick that ATi's newst cards can beat nVidia's old ones as though it were some major accomplishment is pretty narrow-minded. Nothing can truly be "declared" until nVidia releases their official competition for this card, comparing it to the last generation is just... well, wrong.


Quad** 7800GTX 512MB... 2GB of onboard memory... Not factoring in the added cost of development of such a special card, it could have a retail price of about $3,000... I wouldn't be caught dead buying one.
Dual****. Its 2 Dual 7800GTX 512's in SLI.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Dual****. Its 2 Dual 7800GTX 512's in SLI.
It's four 7800GTX 512MB subsystems in a dual SLi configuration. Four 7800GTX 512MB cores, 2GB of GDDR3 RAM, linked individually by 2 SLi bridges, all going into one PCI-E slot.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution XFX Radeon HD6970 G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V-Series Western Digital Caviar Black Plextor Slot-Load DVD/RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC MultiSync EA261WM 26" Logitech Illuminated PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt Lian-Li PC-8N 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution XFX Radeon HD6970 G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V-Series Western Digital Caviar Black Plextor Slot-Load DVD/RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC MultiSync EA261WM 26" Logitech Illuminated PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt Lian-Li PC-8N 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydude123
What do they use now hansel and gretel?
They use a fat guy and a mermaid now
Very nice!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6600 Asus P5N32-E SLI EVGA 8800GTX 2 x 1GB GSkill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x WD Caviar SE16 250GB Sony NEC Optiarc 18x SATA DVD Windows XP Pro Gateway FPD2485W 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 PC P&C Silencer 610W Thermaltake Tsunami Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Very nice!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6600 Asus P5N32-E SLI EVGA 8800GTX 2 x 1GB GSkill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x WD Caviar SE16 250GB Sony NEC Optiarc 18x SATA DVD Windows XP Pro Gateway FPD2485W 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 PC P&C Silencer 610W Thermaltake Tsunami Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 34
lol
so they are usuing fat people for their mascots!!!
[i thought was for bfg but w/e]

edit:^^ you beat me too it ^^
PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10 QuadCore HP Mobo HD7600D APU 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
2tTB W8 CRT None 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10 QuadCore HP Mobo HD7600D APU 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
2tTB W8 CRT None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Oh don't get me wrong, I'll be the first one to say the 7800GTX 512MB was a total disaster. nVidia can't make enough of them to meet demand, they even said so themselves, so they charge a huge premium for a marginally faster card. It's not even that much faster than the regular GTX, nothing a little overclocking can't help. But there's certainly no shortage of people grabbing for them (hell look around here and you'll see people with two of them). I'm just making the point that going off on a tick that ATi's newst cards can beat nVidia's old ones as though it were some major accomplishment is pretty narrow-minded. Nothing can truly be "declared" until nVidia releases their official competition for this card, comparing it to the last generation is just... well, wrong.

PFFT, I don't think Nvidia fanboys had any problem comparing the early 7800 productions to the X850s that were out at the time. When people shop for cards, they might take into account a card that is going to come out really soon, but if they need it now (not a month or two from now) then they are going to get the fastest card on the market. Had I needed the fastest card at Christmas, I woulda picked up a 7800GTX. If I was shopping now, it would be a 1900XTX.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz Rampage II GENE PNY GTX 680 G.Skill Sniper (12GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT SATA Optical Drive Kuhler 920 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Logitech G11  Silverstone ST75 750W Antec Mini P180B 
MouseMouse PadOther
Logitech MX518 Steelpad G19 Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz Rampage II GENE PNY GTX 680 G.Skill Sniper (12GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT SATA Optical Drive Kuhler 920 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Logitech G11  Silverstone ST75 750W Antec Mini P180B 
MouseMouse PadOther
Logitech MX518 Steelpad G19 Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by killnine
PFFT, I don't think Nvidia fanboys had any problem comparing the early 7800 productions to the X850s that were out at the time. When people shop for cards, they might take into account a card that is going to come out really soon, but if they need it now (not a month or two from now) then they are going to get the fastest card on the market. Had I needed the fastest card at Christmas, I woulda picked up a 7800GTX. If I was shopping now, it would be a 1900XTX.
That's fine, but if you like the be the narrow-minded consumer, you'd best be shopping at Dell. The 7800 vs. X1800 was a different ordeal because the X1800 cards were nearly 6 months late... so the only thing you could compare a 7800 to from ATi was the X850s for a long time. As it stands, nVidia is supposed to release the 7900 cards in a couple weeks (Feb. 14th is the last date I heard). Right now, you're an idiot if you buy the X1900 card without seeing the competition when it's so close. Of course, nVidia could have delays or whatever. Fanboys will do whatever they want to make "their" favorite appear better, they have no bearing on what is or isn't actually better, so their relavance is hard for me to understand.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution XFX Radeon HD6970 G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V-Series Western Digital Caviar Black Plextor Slot-Load DVD/RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC MultiSync EA261WM 26" Logitech Illuminated PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt Lian-Li PC-8N 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution XFX Radeon HD6970 G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston SSDNow V-Series Western Digital Caviar Black Plextor Slot-Load DVD/RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC MultiSync EA261WM 26" Logitech Illuminated PC Power & Cooling 750 Watt Lian-Li PC-8N 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 34
I actually like the fat guy mascot, sortta looks cool.
Doesn't suck
(12 items)
 
XPS L702X
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770s 3.1Ghz Gigabyte B85M-D3V RX480 8gb 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128GB SanDisk SDSSDHP128G Matshita DVD-Ram Stock Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G19 APEVIA ATX-AP900W Cooler Master Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-2670QM GT555M 8GB  2 x Seagate 7200RPM 500GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
BluRay combo drive Windows 7 Premium 17" Laptop + 24" 1920x1080 Dell Backlit laptop keyboard 
Case
XPS L702X 
  hide details  
Reply
Doesn't suck
(12 items)
 
XPS L702X
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770s 3.1Ghz Gigabyte B85M-D3V RX480 8gb 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128GB SanDisk SDSSDHP128G Matshita DVD-Ram Stock Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G19 APEVIA ATX-AP900W Cooler Master Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-2670QM GT555M 8GB  2 x Seagate 7200RPM 500GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
BluRay combo drive Windows 7 Premium 17" Laptop + 24" 1920x1080 Dell Backlit laptop keyboard 
Case
XPS L702X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerand
I actually like the fat guy mascot, sortta looks cool.
kina reminds me of mcdonalds...
PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10 QuadCore HP Mobo HD7600D APU 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
2tTB W8 CRT None 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10 QuadCore HP Mobo HD7600D APU 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
2tTB W8 CRT None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
That's fine, but if you like the be the narrow-minded consumer, you'd best be shopping at Dell. The 7800 vs. X1800 was a different ordeal because the X1800 cards were nearly 6 months late... so the only thing you could compare a 7800 to from ATi was the X850s for a long time. As it stands, nVidia is supposed to release the 7900 cards in a couple weeks (Feb. 14th is the last date I heard). Right now, you're an idiot if you buy the X1900 card without seeing the competition when it's so close. Of course, nVidia could have delays or whatever. Fanboys will do whatever they want to make "their" favorite appear better, they have no bearing on what is or isn't actually better, so their relavance is hard for me to understand.
On the contrary, you would be significantly more of an idiot to buy a 7800GTX 512MB with the X1900's currently out. If the X1900 cards are decently priced, then why not buy them? If I had the money, Id buy an X1900. Am I an idiot? No. I would want what is currently the latest and greatest - for a reasonable price of course.
Desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 E2140 @2.67GHz Abit IP35 Pro Radeon X1900XT 512MB 2x1GB GSkill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x500GB Samsung HD501LJ + 2x80GB (1.16TB total) 2 X NEC ND-3550A Windows XP Home 24" Acer LCD (AL2324W) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Executive PC P&C Silencer 610W AeroCool AeroEngine II w/ 2x140mm intake fans Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Generic foam rubber pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 E2140 @2.67GHz Abit IP35 Pro Radeon X1900XT 512MB 2x1GB GSkill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x500GB Samsung HD501LJ + 2x80GB (1.16TB total) 2 X NEC ND-3550A Windows XP Home 24" Acer LCD (AL2324W) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Executive PC P&C Silencer 610W AeroCool AeroEngine II w/ 2x140mm intake fans Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Generic foam rubber pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrnyGoat
On the contrary, you would be significantly more of an idiot to buy a 7800GTX 512MB with the X1900's currently out. If the X1900 cards are decently priced, then why not buy them? If I had the money, Id buy an X1900. Am I an idiot? No. I would want what is currently the latest and greatest - for a reasonable price of course.
Where did you see 7800GTX 512 as being the competition? He means the 7900 cards which are due out soon and from what it looks like may beat the X1900's, but well just have to wait.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › X1900xt/xtx