Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Nintendo › Nintendo DS Lite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nintendo DS Lite - Page 3

post #21 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeueZiel
Well as for how it relates to Nintendo, the game Crystal Chronicles or something offered a multiplayer feature. But to be able to play it on the game cube you had to own 4 seperate gameboys, then along with that each person needed to own the game as well. And then since the game was so large it needed an extra large memory pack.

So the 3 seperate little carts refer to the seperate games and gameboys you would hook up to the gamecube, instead of using controllers. and the big wheel he talks about in the end refers to the large memory card.

None of this was in a bundle and each had to be bought seperately.. So thats what that comic is basically refering too. But yeah.. every company has its gimmicks for the consumers to buy more. Its just that Nintendo has 5 different versions of every generation of handhelds they make.

Hm? I have 2 of the smallest memory cards and it fit everything I wanted on it fine, so its allready innacurate. And also there was good reason for the gameboys, if you ever played it the gameboy system was ingenious, and all my friends have gameboys, and one of my friends has 3 (brother, dad, him) so it worked out. And its not really a gimmick as much as it was an excellant idea.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 28
Umm... you mean the crystal chronicles game for GC? I played it and all you needed was the game, 4 gbas (which we all had), and the adapters (which cost like 5-10 bucks each and two of us had them so we only needed 2) and we ordered the game and the extra cords at once. And we got numerous hours of entertainment out of it. So I if that is what the comic is refering to then it is way off.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ SD DFI LANParty SLI-DR WinXP Pro 19" Hyundai L90+ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 520W OCZ Powerstream Lian Li 75 Razer Diamindback 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ SD DFI LANParty SLI-DR WinXP Pro 19" Hyundai L90+ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 520W OCZ Powerstream Lian Li 75 Razer Diamindback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Hm? I have 2 of the smallest memory cards and it fit everything I wanted on it fine, so its allready innacurate. And also there was good reason for the gameboys, if you ever played it the gameboy system was ingenious, and all my friends have gameboys, and one of my friends has 3 (brother, dad, him) so it worked out. And its not really a gimmick as much as it was an excellant idea.
I had a gameboy, infact one of those limited edition thin "blue ice" once when they first started to role out those 2nd generation gameboys which where thin, the ones before gameboy color. The games where fun, but the only games I liked where Link's Awakening, Megaman X, some of the final fantasy's and pokemon.

At the same time I also had a GameGear which in my opinion rocked the socks off the gameboy at that time, its just a shame it was such a power hog.

and Dolinn, What if you didn't have 4 GBA's? I guess dishing out all that money for them wouldn't be so fun then now would it? You probably wont get the comic too much since you not inconvienced by already having 4 GBA's available.
Getter One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II GENE ASUS HD EAH5870 Corsair Dominator 6GB 1600mhz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium ViewSonic VX922 G15 600W Antec Trupower 
CaseMouse
Antec Mini P180 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Getter One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II GENE ASUS HD EAH5870 Corsair Dominator 6GB 1600mhz 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium ViewSonic VX922 G15 600W Antec Trupower 
CaseMouse
Antec Mini P180 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 28
So don't play the game... lol. There are plenty of good games out there. To say entire Nintendo's marketing plan revolves around requiring lots of add-ons is nonsense. They have numerous games that don't require any sort of addtional hardware to play. Besides, most people who are Nintendo fans, have a GC, and would buy a multiplayer game that requires GBA's would most likely have a GBA and friends who have them. If you are among the few... it's one or two games. There are plenty more out there.

And to be honest, I don't know a person who bought a GC and didn't have a GBA (not to say they don't exist), but most people who are into Nintendo products like the GC, almost always turn to them for portable gaming devices and people who like certain things, tend to socialize with people who like the same things. That's pretty much common sense. I am sure most people who play games have friends who play games. And I am sure people who have a PSP are friends with people who have PSPs. Same goes for Nintendo products. Can there be situations where there is one lone person in a group of people who like Nintendo? Sure, but as I have said before...it's only one or two games really.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ SD DFI LANParty SLI-DR WinXP Pro 19" Hyundai L90+ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 520W OCZ Powerstream Lian Li 75 Razer Diamindback 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ SD DFI LANParty SLI-DR WinXP Pro 19" Hyundai L90+ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 520W OCZ Powerstream Lian Li 75 Razer Diamindback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolinn
So don't play the game... lol. There are plenty of good games out there. To say entire Nintendo's marketing plan revolves around requiring lots of add-ons is nonsense. They have numerous games that don't require any sort of addtional hardware to play. Besides, most people who are Nintendo fans, have a GC, and would buy a multiplayer game that requires GBA's would most likely have a GBA and friends who have them. If you are among the few... it's one or two games. There are plenty more out there.

And to be honest, I don't know a person who bought a GC and didn't have a GBA (not to say they don't exist), but most people who are into Nintendo products like the GC, almost always turn to them for portable gaming devices and people who like certain things, tend to socialize with people who like the same things. That's pretty much common sense. I am sure most people who play games have friends who play games. And I am sure people who have a PSP are friends with people who have PSPs. Same goes for Nintendo products. Can there be situations where there is one lone person in a group of people who like Nintendo? Sure, but as I have said before...it's only one or two games really.
Me.. I dont have a GBA . lol
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Me.. I dont have a GBA . lol


What are you doing... go buy one! Or do you have a DS? Cause if you have that then you can play gba games, so close enough.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ SD DFI LANParty SLI-DR WinXP Pro 19" Hyundai L90+ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 520W OCZ Powerstream Lian Li 75 Razer Diamindback 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
AMD 3700+ SD DFI LANParty SLI-DR WinXP Pro 19" Hyundai L90+ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse 520W OCZ Powerstream Lian Li 75 Razer Diamindback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolinn


What are you doing... go buy one! Or do you have a DS? Cause if you have that then you can play gba games, so close enough.
Neither, no $$.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 28
i remember wanting a blue ice gameboy pocket sooo bad, but i lived with my dad then and he's anti-video games.

a little off topic here, but did anyone ever play rogue spear for the GBA? that's still one of my favorite handheld games of all time
$400 wondertop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel P7350 GTX260m 4Gb PC6400 2x 320Gb RAID-0 
OSKeyboardCaseMouse
Windows 7 Home Definitely has keys Asus g51-vx Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
$400 wondertop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel P7350 GTX260m 4Gb PC6400 2x 320Gb RAID-0 
OSKeyboardCaseMouse
Windows 7 Home Definitely has keys Asus g51-vx Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nintendo
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Nintendo › Nintendo DS Lite