Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Rampage III Extreme X58 Information thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rampage III Extreme X58 Information thread - Page 171

post #1701 of 1800
what is this?
post #1702 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcrazy View Post
what is this?
bios
Gigabyte
(17 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz GA-Z170X-SOCF /GA-Z97X-SOCF/ GA-Z87X-UD3H  Evga GTS 450 SC 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-... 2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar ... LG 62N SATA XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)  
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 SP1,Win 8.1,Win 10 (x64) LG 1960TR Gigabyte Superb 720W NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower  
  hide details  
Reply
Gigabyte
(17 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz GA-Z170X-SOCF /GA-Z97X-SOCF/ GA-Z87X-UD3H  Evga GTS 450 SC 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-... 2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar ... LG 62N SATA XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)  
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 SP1,Win 8.1,Win 10 (x64) LG 1960TR Gigabyte Superb 720W NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1703 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcrazy View Post
hey guys its normal for this mobo to hit a wall at the QPi link ? the most i can get is 3700mhz
Where are you getting the 3700 reading from, maybe it is really 7400 (3700*2).
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.7GHz / 4400MHz Asus Sabertooth Z87 Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 8GB G.Skill Trident X 9-11-11-31-1T @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OS SSD 840 Pro 256GB / FSX SSD 840 Pro 256GB LG DVD Thermalright SB-E x2 Win7 Ult 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VP2655wb 25.5" IPS LCD Logitech Wireless EX1110 w/Mouse Corsair AX860i CM HAF-X 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.7GHz / 4400MHz Asus Sabertooth Z87 Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 8GB G.Skill Trident X 9-11-11-31-1T @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OS SSD 840 Pro 256GB / FSX SSD 840 Pro 256GB LG DVD Thermalright SB-E x2 Win7 Ult 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VP2655wb 25.5" IPS LCD Logitech Wireless EX1110 w/Mouse Corsair AX860i CM HAF-X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1704 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasio View Post
bios

ohh ok i got the latest one it runs 6core cpu's


Quote:
Originally Posted by idahosurge View Post
Where are you getting the 3700 reading from, maybe it is really 7400 (3700*2).
from cpuid , it just wierd once i tried to go over it im done, it doesnt even post , if i go 20hz less like 3680 it works but not stable and it dont matter what voltage i use (mobo and cpu).

Now i have it at 3447 mhz, an dim happy with the performance i get out of 4 ghz cpu
post #1705 of 1800
I've been reading up on the new 1502 bios, and ASUS updated the ICH SATA controller firmware. But there is a note in the release documentation:
Quote:
Supports over 2.2TB huge HDDs and RAID.
*Please install IRST 10.5.0.1026 when using this Bios version
Some at Extreme Systems are saying they think you have to downgrade the Intel Rapid storage Technology (IRST) drivers to ver 10.5.0.1026 from the latest Intel release (if that’s what you have installed) 10.6.0.1002, dated June 22, 2011. I would assume the note should read: " must install IRST 10.5.0.1026 or higher when using this bios version".

Thoughts?


edit: From Extreme Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver123;4992745 
I cannot see 1502 BIOS needing 10.5.0.1026 IRST for OROM and no higher version or something will not
work or will be broken. I would imagine 10.5.0.1026 or higher IRST should be ok.

I have 1502 BIOS installed with two Crucial RealSSD C300 drives in RAID 0 on the Intel controller along
with IRST version 11.0.0.1015 Alpha and see no problems.

Edited by ericeod - 11/11/11 at 6:34am
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6850K ASUS X99-AII eVGA GTX 1060 32Gb Team Vulcan DDR4 3000 Cas 15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVME Crucial M500 Seagate HDD Samsung F3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H100i Windows 10 Pro 64 Samsung KU6300 40" Corsair K70 Vengeance 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic Gold 750W Phantek Enthoo Pro M Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6850K ASUS X99-AII eVGA GTX 1060 32Gb Team Vulcan DDR4 3000 Cas 15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVME Crucial M500 Seagate HDD Samsung F3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H100i Windows 10 Pro 64 Samsung KU6300 40" Corsair K70 Vengeance 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic Gold 750W Phantek Enthoo Pro M Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1706 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericeod View Post

I've been reading up on the new 1502 bios, and ASUS updated the ICH SATA controller firmware. But there is a note in the release documentation:
Quote:
Supports over 2.2TB huge HDDs and RAID.
*Please install IRST 10.5.0.1026 when using this Bios version
Some at Extreme Systems are saying they think you have to downgrade the Intel Rapid storage Technology (IRST) drivers to ver 10.5.0.1026 from the latest Intel release (if that’s what you have installed) 10.6.0.1002, dated June 22, 2011. I would assume the note should read: " must install IRST 10.5.0.1026 or higher when using this bios version".
Thoughts?
edit: From Extreme Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver123;4992745 
I cannot see 1502 BIOS needing 10.5.0.1026 IRST for OROM and no higher version or something will not
work or will be broken. I would imagine 10.5.0.1026 or higher IRST should be ok.
I have 1502 BIOS installed with two Crucial RealSSD C300 drives in RAID 0 on the Intel controller along
with IRST version 11.0.0.1015 Alpha and see no problems.

just updated to new bios and as long as you have 10.5 irst or higher you will be fine.

Also it did nothing for performance on my system. as-ssd score is the same as before on 1401 bios. maybe it improved raid0 performance but single drive did nothing for me.
post #1707 of 1800
Have any one used the 6GB controller in the mobo ? that can give me some feeed back on it thumb.gif
post #1708 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcrazy View Post

Have any one used the 6GB controller in the mobo ? that can give me some feeed back on it thumb.gif

The Intel 3gb is faster than the 6gb marvell controller. So stick with the 3gb ports.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1680 V2  R4BE  TITAN X (Pascal)   2666 Dominator Platinum CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
750 NVMe 1.2TB EK HF/rx360/rx120 EK FC/GTs/mcp655 Windows 10 Pro  
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BL3200PT 1600 T2 800d Pro Audio 2.1 + DragonFly Red 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1680 V2  R4BE  TITAN X (Pascal)   2666 Dominator Platinum CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
750 NVMe 1.2TB EK HF/rx360/rx120 EK FC/GTs/mcp655 Windows 10 Pro  
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BL3200PT 1600 T2 800d Pro Audio 2.1 + DragonFly Red 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1709 of 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post

The Intel 3gb is faster than the 6gb marvell controller. So stick with the 3gb ports.

well im gonna get an OCZ vertex 3 so i will need the 6gb connection
post #1710 of 1800
The 6gbs ports have never worked correctly on R3E and it seems they never will now Rampage IV is available, you can use the intel ports as they are backward compatable, trust me they are quicker, I have tried both.
Black Beauty
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 980X @ 4.6 GHz Asus Rampage III Extreme 2 x Gainward GTX 580 "Phantoms" EK blocks 12 GB G-Skill Rip Jaw Triple Channel 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300s raid 0, 1 x C300 64GB non raid boot drive Samsung Superwrite Master Win7 64 3x Hanns:G 28 inch HDMI 2D surround 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rocccat Isku Corsair AX 1200 plus Xigmatek Elysium Steel Series Sensai 
Mouse PadAudio
Exact mat Xonar D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Beauty
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 980X @ 4.6 GHz Asus Rampage III Extreme 2 x Gainward GTX 580 "Phantoms" EK blocks 12 GB G-Skill Rip Jaw Triple Channel 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300s raid 0, 1 x C300 64GB non raid boot drive Samsung Superwrite Master Win7 64 3x Hanns:G 28 inch HDMI 2D surround 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rocccat Isku Corsair AX 1200 plus Xigmatek Elysium Steel Series Sensai 
Mouse PadAudio
Exact mat Xonar D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Rampage III Extreme X58 Information thread