Originally Posted by Snerp
They aren't worth their money. If you took a nice custom and a Bigwater I'd bet that you get more cooling per dollar with custom. I could put together a kit for $150 with ok parts and get better results with it as compared to either the thermaltake systems.
Okay, you have me intrigued.
What would you spec for $153 or less complete, including tax and delivery, that would:
1. Have both CPU and GPU waterblocks (Athlon64 x2 and 7800 GT).
2. Easily mount internally in an Antec P180 case.
3. Have a silent pump--so quiet that you have to put your ear against it to hear it running. (This means either a silent high-flow pump or--if going with a silent low-flow pump--radiator & waterblocks that are optimized for low flow operation, unlike the high-flow units that custom folks usually use.)
4. Run with inaudible fans--say a 12cm fan at 1700 rpm.
5. Cool a 3GHz Pentium to below 37C under load.
Thanks for your offer--you could help out the silent-PC crowd.