So, I started my day looking at this mess of stuff. Actually I started my day much earlier than this, and then disassembled the computer to get to this point. But you get the point.
Then I decided it was time to start with the Epoxy Putty... I needed some way to (semi)permanently attach the braces to the top of the case. It needed much rigidity and form. Eventually I'll cut some other ones and weld them in, or maybe grab some more angle and rivet them. But for now, this will do.
Where I applied it
While that was curing (45 min cure time to full strength/hardness) I busted out the aluminum angle, taped it up, and started marking. I measured the side of the pump, times three, added a bit on the end and.... well you'll see soon enough.
Making some sense?
Hey that's pretty neat!
Had to make that cutout in the loop a bit bigger. The fan wasn't fitting properly.
Mounted up all nice!
Finally I got the bracket mounted and it was time to start putting everything back in it's home.
Got a couple other things in place...
Figured out a better place for the SSD (for now) but this is all temporary as I'll be making a bracket for the SSD as well.
You can't see the SSD in this one. Just the Sata cable.
We're in the home stretch!!!
I just like this shot.
Fully assembled, from up top.
So yeah. There's definitely stuff that needs to be done, but I'm inching ever closer!! The pump sits kinda wonky like because of the cable and the proximity to the fan. I'm contemplating just removing that Kaze Slim entirely because the Gentle Typhoon does most of the heavy lifting. The bracket will be plasti-dipped when I get the new blocks in a couple weeks. Until then, oh well.
The epoxy is only temporary for the braces up top because I plan on getting the case powdercoated again. Welds or rivets coming soon-ish.