YES! ITS AN UPDATE.
not as much as i would have liked to have done at this point, you know, like the whole project
. But any way. its been a really hectic few months for me with a bunch of family things coming up and school being allot more intense than i was expecting.
last month i said i would be picking up the project again and i wasn't lying but like two days after i found out i was eligible to take the first of my FAA Certification tests so i have spent the last month studying for that. i took it Saturday and im confident i scored well on it!
any way... on to the stuff you guys care about!
so i punched out the front piece that held the USB ports and the Power/reset switches and that stuff because i wanted to use the display and controller that came with my Motherboard as the primary I/O panel. i dont have any pictures of that process but it was pretty much just 2 screws and pushing really hard.
that left me with a big hole that i needed to fill but thats right about where i found out about my test.
any way a week ago i grabbed a piece of scrap aluminum from the bin at my school and cut this to fill the hole
then from that i cut out a slot for the PCB
it was pretty sloppy as i was paying more attention to the Bruins game than the cutting (INCREDIBLE game BTW
they won. im happy)
i put it on top thinking i could use some stainless screws and nuts to hold it on but i didnt much like how it sat on top of the metal and puting it behind wasn't much better
so i salvaged some standoffs from another case and put them in the holes to recess the PCB in the panel
then i drilled a couple holes in the aluminum
awesome. but its missing something
THATS IT! Acrylic!
its perfect. but im going to wait to cut it to fit.
and now to handle the LED Strips from the last update
SWITCHES! i need a way to turn the LED Strips on and off and i found these in the garage.
drilled some holes in the side and dropped them in
thats where things sit now on that. the switches will be swaped out for Toggles with the covers (military switches) and im going to actually measure stuff when i make the real one and the Lexan needs to be polished up as its been sitting around unprotected for about 5 months and its in less than ideal shape.
i know it wasnt really worth the wait but its a step in the right direction.
thanks for sticking with me and flowing the build for so long
or WELCOME! to all the new people