IM BACK TO WORK! kinda...
i am actually at work but i had 45 mins before a delivery truck i was waiting for showed up so i took that time and made a prototype of part of my reservoir
here are some pictures
seance i last did any real picture worthy work i got my dog shaved (she doesn't deal with heat too well so we just shave her in the summer)
hehe.... she looks ridiculous but i kinda like her when shes not messing up my paint
and i got my tubing the other day as you know and i cut off a part to play with here at work.
this is what i came up with.
i made the top out of a chunk of scrap lexan we were replacing in a pulp grinder for a paper mill we are rebuilding machines for. i just took a disk sander and a small square i broke off the scrap and made it fit. then glued it on with some 5 minuet water proof epoxy, it not too pretty but its just a prototype
and to attach the rez to the case i drilled a hole into the side of the acrylic tube (DEFIANTLY NOT LEXAN
) and threaded it for a 4/40 alen screw and i cut a piece of aluminum U channel and drilled a slightly larger hole in that so i didn't need to thread it. then a washer and nut on the end to hold it all together.
now i need to wait a couple days for a box im expecting to come in with some other stuff to get any farther on this.
sorry for the crappy pictures. i ended up using my phone to take them.
hope you liked my minny update!
questions, comments, and suggestions welcomed as always. i sorta want some input on the project..
-Striker36Edited by Striker36 - 5/17/10 at 9:33am