Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › * The "Official" Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R/UD5/UD7/UD9 Owner's Club *
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

* The "Official" Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R/UD5/UD7/UD9 Owner's Club * - Page 36

post #351 of 3827
Well I just installed the Antec Spot Cool fan and what a difference it makes.Before my idle NB temps were 52 degrees now with the Spot Cool Fan pointing towards it's now 36 degrees! Its dropped 16 degrees.What a difference!!
So if anyone else wants to lower their NB temps on the UD 7 I would definately recommend the spot cool fan.Nice Blue LED aswell
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k 4.7 Ghz Gigabyte Z77 UD3H Gigabyte 980 GTX G1  16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400 Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB XSPC D5 Dual Bay Res  XSPC Raystorm, EX360 Radiator 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 x64  ASUS VG248QE 144Hz Corsair AX 850 NZXT 810 Matte Black 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k 4.7 Ghz Gigabyte Z77 UD3H Gigabyte 980 GTX G1  16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400 Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB XSPC D5 Dual Bay Res  XSPC Raystorm, EX360 Radiator 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 x64  ASUS VG248QE 144Hz Corsair AX 850 NZXT 810 Matte Black 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #352 of 3827
Hey guys a small question...
I am going to be buying this motherboard on saturday and want to do an SLI with MSI GTX 480 but I have read that it has only 16x8x8 specs so that means my second cards speed will be throttled by the 8x??
post #353 of 3827
Quote:
Originally Posted by _REAPER_ View Post
5970+5870 850/1200 I will bench more when my new cpu comes in my 980x should arrive on the 15th.

Special thanks to BODAR from GURU3D.
Looking good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger S. View Post
I just added another 6 gigs of ddr3 and didn't think it would be that big a deal, but I seemed to have found a sweet spot between 6 and 12. The EK block on my 470 also lowered my nb temps by 10c.. Lower 50s with the vga on air, even higher with the silent pipe and the 470 blowing some heat up.
I'm glad you've got such good results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm1109 View Post
Well I just installed the Antec Spot Cool fan and what a difference it makes.Before my idle NB temps were 52 degrees now with the Spot Cool Fan pointing towards it's now 36 degrees! Its dropped 16 degrees.What a difference!!
So if anyone else wants to lower their NB temps on the UD 7 I would definately recommend the spot cool fan.Nice Blue LED aswell
That's a dramatic drop in temp! Great to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushm999 View Post
Hey guys a small question...
I am going to be buying this motherboard on saturday and want to do an SLI with MSI GTX 480 but I have read that it has only 16x8x8 specs so that means my second cards speed will be throttled by the 8x??
Both the second and third will be at 8x and it's not throttled. Even the most high end cards don't utilize 8x yet, so you're good. One of my 5970s and the 250 are both at 8x.
Edited by MacG32 - 6/10/10 at 6:17am
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit Acer - GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz Acer - G246HLAbd 24" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
2 x Realtek - ALC1220 2 - 7.1 Channel High Defi... 
  hide details  
Reply
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit Acer - GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz Acer - G246HLAbd 24" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
2 x Realtek - ALC1220 2 - 7.1 Channel High Defi... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #354 of 3827
Hi there

Glad to finally be among fellow mobo-folks

I've just finished building up my new rig, so I'm ready for OC - BUT I'm far from being an expert into this, so I'm really desperate for some advice here!
I'm aiming for something around 4.0 gHZ. - it has to be rock steady, though safety must come first. Don't care much about benchmarking.

My main interest is to build up a stable OC condition for my FSX FlightSimulator setup, witch is HUGE and pretty demanding with 8 monitors (+ 2 extra monitors to second PC in network) starting out with main resolutions at 2 times 3840x1024x32 spread out on two triple sets of monitors (6) - please take a look at my System link below. In addition to this I have tons of USB connections to yoke, pedals and so on - not something that makes things particular more stable - I know, but nothing to do about that.
Besides, the FSX FligthSimulator engine happens to be based on an old generation program code, witch means that 75% of all rendering is done through the CPU and only 25% is done through graphic boards. A pretty tough situation and totally unlike new generation games!
Hitting the right RAM frequency is also absolutely essential to this fragile engine - at least I know that I bought the perfect RAM for this particular situation, but when it comes to overclocking the whole rig I'm totally lost under these (for me) new Mobo/BIOS conditions.

So any advice would be most welcome!

My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930@4.2 Gigabyte X58A UD7 2 x Assus ATI Radeon HD 5870 Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Dell HDD 640GB, 2x320GB,WD Raptor 300GB.Non Raid. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 8 X Dell 2408WFPb monitors Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000 Wat 
Case
Dell 630i 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930@4.2 Gigabyte X58A UD7 2 x Assus ATI Radeon HD 5870 Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Dell HDD 640GB, 2x320GB,WD Raptor 300GB.Non Raid. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 8 X Dell 2408WFPb monitors Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000 Wat 
Case
Dell 630i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #355 of 3827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissor View Post
Hi there

Glad to finally be among fellow mobo-folks

I've just finished building up my new rig, so I'm ready for OC - BUT I'm far from being an expert into this, so I'm really desperate for some advice here!
I'm aiming for something around 4.0 gHZ. - it has to be rock steady, though safety must come first. Don't care much about benchmarking.

My main interest is to build up a stable OC condition for my FSX FlightSimulator setup, witch is HUGE and pretty demanding with 8 monitors (+ 2 extra monitors to second PC in network) starting out with main resolutions at 2 times 3840x1024x32 spread out on two triple sets of monitors (6) - please take a look at my System link below. In addition to this I have tons of USB connections to yoke, pedals and so on - not something that makes things particular more stable - I know, but nothing to do about that.
Besides, the FSX FligthSimulator engine happens to be based on an old generation program code, witch means that 75% of all rendering is done through the CPU and only 25% is done through graphic boards. A pretty tough situation and totally unlike new generation games!
Hitting the right RAM frequency is also absolutely essential to this fragile engine - at least I know that I bought the perfect RAM for this particular situation, but when it comes to overclocking the whole rig I'm totally lost under these (for me) new Mobo/BIOS conditions.

So any advice would be most welcome!
Added to the owners list and welcome! You can give these a try. They're from the first post. Nice flight setup.

Gigabyte's Core i7 920 Overclocking Tutorial PDF
Gigabyte's Core i7 X58 BIOS Guide PDF
Guide to Overclocking the Core I7 920 or 930 to 4.0ghz
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit Acer - GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz Acer - G246HLAbd 24" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
2 x Realtek - ALC1220 2 - 7.1 Channel High Defi... 
  hide details  
Reply
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit Acer - GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz Acer - G246HLAbd 24" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
2 x Realtek - ALC1220 2 - 7.1 Channel High Defi... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #356 of 3827
Thanks for welcoming me, MacG
And thanks indeed for your quick response!
I'll check out your links and start up studying!

By the way, I reckon my BIOS version is an old F2 - Would I need to upgrade? and if so witch safe version would you recommend?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930@4.2 Gigabyte X58A UD7 2 x Assus ATI Radeon HD 5870 Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Dell HDD 640GB, 2x320GB,WD Raptor 300GB.Non Raid. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 8 X Dell 2408WFPb monitors Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000 Wat 
Case
Dell 630i 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930@4.2 Gigabyte X58A UD7 2 x Assus ATI Radeon HD 5870 Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Dell HDD 640GB, 2x320GB,WD Raptor 300GB.Non Raid. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 8 X Dell 2408WFPb monitors Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000 Wat 
Case
Dell 630i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #357 of 3827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissor View Post
Thanks for welcoming me, MacG
And thanks indeed for your quick response!
I'll check out your links and start up studying!

By the way, I reckon my BIOS version is an old F2 - Would I need to upgrade? and if so witch safe version would you recommend?
You're welcome! Time to upgrade. The newest beta from the first post is always the best. It contains the latest and greatest fixes and tweaks.
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit Acer - GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz Acer - G246HLAbd 24" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
2 x Realtek - ALC1220 2 - 7.1 Channel High Defi... 
  hide details  
Reply
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit Acer - GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz Acer - G246HLAbd 24" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
2 x Realtek - ALC1220 2 - 7.1 Channel High Defi... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #358 of 3827
Heyyy
So I finally have the board! Please add me to the list!

Btw, I have bought the Logitech Z5500 speakers and I was which soundcard would be best suited to its 5.1 sound?? Also I have the corsair dominator 3x2GB ram 12800 @ 1600. Are they good for this board? I still have time to replace them if need be.

Thanks a lot !!
post #359 of 3827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushm999 View Post
Heyyy
So I finally have the board! Please add me to the list!

Btw, I have bought the Logitech Z5500 speakers and I was which soundcard would be best suited to its 5.1 sound?? Also I have the corsair dominator 3x2GB ram 12800 @ 1600. Are they good for this board? I still have time to replace them if need be.

Thanks a lot !!
Added to the owners list and welcome! Depending on your motherboard cooling, I would get an Asus sound card. The Corsairs will work fine. Please click the "User CP" at the top of this page, then "Add System" under "System Information" on the left of the next page and add your system there, so we can all see it. Thank you.
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit Acer - GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz Acer - G246HLAbd 24" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
2 x Realtek - ALC1220 2 - 7.1 Channel High Defi... 
  hide details  
Reply
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit Acer - GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz Acer - G246HLAbd 24" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
2 x Realtek - ALC1220 2 - 7.1 Channel High Defi... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #360 of 3827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushm999 View Post
Hey guys a small question...
I am going to be buying this motherboard on saturday and want to do an SLI with MSI GTX 480 but I have read that it has only 16x8x8 specs so that means my second cards speed will be throttled by the 8x??
The board is actually x16/x8/x16/x8, unless you stick something in one of the x8 slots the two x16 slots function at x16 hence the name

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 980X EE ES Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 GIGABYTE GV-R587SO-1GD SOC 1GB GDDR5 Mushkin 998826 Ridgeback / 998966 Radioactive 
OSMonitorPower
Vista Business x64 SP2 Asus Designo MS238H 23" LED NZXT HALE90 750W 80+ GOLD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 980X EE ES Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 GIGABYTE GV-R587SO-1GD SOC 1GB GDDR5 Mushkin 998826 Ridgeback / 998966 Radioactive 
OSMonitorPower
Vista Business x64 SP2 Asus Designo MS238H 23" LED NZXT HALE90 750W 80+ GOLD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › * The "Official" Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R/UD5/UD7/UD9 Owner's Club *