Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 400 Overclocking/Modding Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 400 Overclocking/Modding Thread - Page 32

post #311 of 926
Alright, I have some questions here. I'm interested in being able to use my multimeter to read my VDDC. First off, does anyone have a picture of where on the PCB I can take readings from? Maybe on this pic from CL3P20?:

The next question would be, how exactly do I go about reading the voltage correctly. I'm assuming I use the red test lead on the VDDC readpoint, but where do I stick the black ground test lead? Maybe any ground wire in the PCI-e cable would work?

I'm having some difficulties with setting my GPUv and being able to trust what GPU-Z is reporting as VDDC. Any guidance would be appreciated, thanx guys.
Black Dynamite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 875K ~ 4.027Ghz(22x183)@1.388v HT on EVGA P55 SLI E655 EVGA GTX 480 SC - [903c/2100m] G.Skill PC17600-(2200Mhz)-CL7-4GB Pi's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64GB Corsair C300 (OS)-300GB Vraptor-1TB WD Black Samsung Super Writemaster DVD-R/RW Windows 7 Home Prem. 64 bit 40" Toshiba 1080p HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair TX850W Silverstone TJ09-B Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish game pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Dynamite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 875K ~ 4.027Ghz(22x183)@1.388v HT on EVGA P55 SLI E655 EVGA GTX 480 SC - [903c/2100m] G.Skill PC17600-(2200Mhz)-CL7-4GB Pi's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64GB Corsair C300 (OS)-300GB Vraptor-1TB WD Black Samsung Super Writemaster DVD-R/RW Windows 7 Home Prem. 64 bit 40" Toshiba 1080p HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair TX850W Silverstone TJ09-B Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish game pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #312 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/i...E&memSize=1280

I didn't see any there, and I don't have any in this thread or on my computer. I'll check on the EVGA forums.
i also had check techpowerup.com & mvktech.net but with no luck if you can find it for me i will be very greatful
post #313 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by R00ST3R View Post
Alright, I have some questions here. I'm interested in being able to use my multimeter to read my VDDC. First off, does anyone have a picture of where on the PCB I can take readings from? Maybe on this pic from CL3P20?:

The next question would be, how exactly do I go about reading the voltage correctly. I'm assuming I use the red test lead on the VDDC readpoint, but where do I stick the black ground test lead? Maybe any ground wire in the PCI-e cable would work?

I'm having some difficulties with setting my GPUv and being able to trust what GPU-Z is reporting as VDDC. Any guidance would be appreciated, thanx guys.
GPUv measure points are marked in red...any of the tiny caps in that row are all connected to GPUv... they will all serve as a read point.

*Use only the 'Red' probe to measure voltage...keeping the 'Black' probe on a bare metal connection somwheres on your case Measuring voltage while running can kill your GPU if you attempt to measure from a resistor instead of a capacitor.... so make sure you have identified your point clearly before proceeding. Mistake = poof-smoke-etc-paperweight.

To measure resistance- you must take the GPU out, or remove all power from it. You will need to measure resistance before and after modding to ensure you have set the appropriate resistance level...as resistance = voltage
post #314 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post
GPUv measure points are marked in red...any of the tiny caps in that row are all connected to GPUv... they will all serve as a read point.

*Use only the 'Red' probe to measure voltage...keeping the 'Black' probe on a bare metal connection somwheres on your case Measuring voltage while running can kill your GPU if you attempt to measure from a resistor instead of a capacitor.... so make sure you have identified your point clearly before proceeding. Mistake = poof-smoke-etc-paperweight.

To measure resistance- you must take the GPU out, or remove all power from it. You will need to measure resistance before and after modding to ensure you have set the appropriate resistance level...as resistance = voltage
Excellent, thank you so much CL3P20.
I'm not going to be modding the card..yet anyways. The issue I'm trying to resolve is this. I've been using the EVGA E-Leet tool for voltage tweaking. I set it to 1.125v, and GPU-Z reports the voltage as 1.117v which is just fine (and it stays at the set voltage). When I do a soft reset of the system and get GPU-Z running it reports the VDDC as 1.212. I just found out that the E-Leet tool requires a system power down to reset, but at the same time I want to find if I'm really getting the 1.212v, or if it's just a false reading. Hopefully I'll have some free time tommorow to find out. Thanks' again .
Black Dynamite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 875K ~ 4.027Ghz(22x183)@1.388v HT on EVGA P55 SLI E655 EVGA GTX 480 SC - [903c/2100m] G.Skill PC17600-(2200Mhz)-CL7-4GB Pi's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64GB Corsair C300 (OS)-300GB Vraptor-1TB WD Black Samsung Super Writemaster DVD-R/RW Windows 7 Home Prem. 64 bit 40" Toshiba 1080p HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair TX850W Silverstone TJ09-B Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish game pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Dynamite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 875K ~ 4.027Ghz(22x183)@1.388v HT on EVGA P55 SLI E655 EVGA GTX 480 SC - [903c/2100m] G.Skill PC17600-(2200Mhz)-CL7-4GB Pi's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64GB Corsair C300 (OS)-300GB Vraptor-1TB WD Black Samsung Super Writemaster DVD-R/RW Windows 7 Home Prem. 64 bit 40" Toshiba 1080p HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair TX850W Silverstone TJ09-B Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish game pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #315 of 926
baawwk!
post #316 of 926
Another noob question.

Im I correct in assuming the EVGA Identifier 1.21V simply allows me to go UP to 1.21V with overclocking software BUT is not acually forcing 1.21V all the time if I do not want it to ?

Thanks.
post #317 of 926
Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and came across this thread. Since a couple of weeks I have a Sparlke Geforce GTX 470 and now I'm trying to flash the bios with the clock speeds I obtained from overclocking. Honestly, I have to admit that it's my first time trying something like this, so I followed some tutorials.

Now I'm to the point that I want to edit the bios I dumped from my own card, but I can't change the values: I dumped it with GPU-Z 0.4.3 and want to edit it with Nibitor 5.6. Nibitor gives me a green value, detects tha card, but doesn't display the clockrates or other information and everything is just greyed out, so totally useless.
I tried the same with the bioses of the first page of this thread, and they all are not responding. That way I can already exclude my bios.
The same problem occurs on a physical Windows 7 64-bit and on Windows XP SP3 32-bit on a virtual machine in Linux.

I'm attaching a screenshot of Nibitor and my bios file. All I want to change is the clockrate of the core, shaders and memory.

Core: 670
Shaders: 1340
Memory: 1722

I know it's not an uber-overclock, but at this point it's the best balance between performance & stability for me.

Can anyone tell me if there is something I'm doing wrong or forgetting here? It also would be greatly appreciated if anyone can change these values to my original bios and re-upload it, but no other changes please!
But most of all, I would like to know why it's not working for me... The used softwares are supporting the GTX 470 and I hear lots of people on the internet are doing the same...

Thanks for your help.
post #318 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCspecV81 View Post
I have a 480 bios that has ocp and ovp disabled.
Could I have it as well?

Although I don't know if it would help me. I can keep my temps down pretty good with A/C even with 1.143v but my memory really could use some more overclock. I can do 1070Mhz but requieres 1.143v and adds heat. I wouldn't mind trying your bios though.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 4.3Ghz Asus P6X58D Premium Zotac GTX 480 6GB CORSAIR XMS3 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Vertex LE 100GB SSDs/RAID-0 & 2TB Barracuda XT Samsung SH-S243D 24x DVD-Writer Windows 7 LG Flatron W2242TQ & LG Flatron W1942TQ 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750W Cooler Master Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 4.3Ghz Asus P6X58D Premium Zotac GTX 480 6GB CORSAIR XMS3 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Vertex LE 100GB SSDs/RAID-0 & 2TB Barracuda XT Samsung SH-S243D 24x DVD-Writer Windows 7 LG Flatron W2242TQ & LG Flatron W1942TQ 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750W Cooler Master Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #319 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulukai View Post
Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and came across this thread. Since a couple of weeks I have a Sparlke Geforce GTX 470 and now I'm trying to flash the bios with the clock speeds I obtained from overclocking. Honestly, I have to admit that it's my first time trying something like this, so I followed some tutorials.

Now I'm to the point that I want to edit the bios I dumped from my own card, but I can't change the values: I dumped it with GPU-Z 0.4.3 and want to edit it with Nibitor 5.6. Nibitor gives me a green value, detects tha card, but doesn't display the clockrates or other information and everything is just greyed out, so totally useless.
I tried the same with the bioses of the first page of this thread, and they all are not responding. That way I can already exclude my bios.
The same problem occurs on a physical Windows 7 64-bit and on Windows XP SP3 32-bit on a virtual machine in Linux.

I'm attaching a screenshot of Nibitor and my bios file. All I want to change is the clockrate of the core, shaders and memory.

Core: 670
Shaders: 1340
Memory: 1722

I know it's not an uber-overclock, but at this point it's the best balance between performance & stability for me.

Can anyone tell me if there is something I'm doing wrong or forgetting here? It also would be greatly appreciated if anyone can change these values to my original bios and re-upload it, but no other changes please!
But most of all, I would like to know why it's not working for me... The used softwares are supporting the GTX 470 and I hear lots of people on the internet are doing the same...

Thanks for your help.
You have to change values via the tools menu.

Attachment 158794
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #320 of 926
Thanks Grunion for the tip. You changed the values for me, right? I haven't got the time to check out your file yet, because I'll be too busy today, will try tomorrow.

But why is everything greyed out? Because it's an early version for Fermi cards and more support will be added later? Just trying to understand
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 400 Overclocking/Modding Thread