Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › OFFICIAL:NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX/+ & GTS250 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL:NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX/+ & GTS250 Owners Thread - Page 59

post #581 of 815
thanks

My GTS250 idles at 47-48c if the room is on COOL AC. It idles on 55-60c depending on very hot days, no AC, door is closed, etc.

Right now I just finished playing CoDWoW for 30minutes, the highest temp it reached was 60c. (Room has cool AC on) fan setting at manual on 60% as you recommended
post #582 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZer0 View Post
thanks

My GTS250 idles at 47-48c if the room is on COOL AC. It idles on 55-60c depending on very hot days, no AC, door is closed, etc.

Right now I just finished playing CoDWoW for 30minutes, the highest temp it reached was 60c. (Room has cool AC on) fan setting at manual on 60% as you recommended
That's a really good load temp even if it is just CoD. I'm going to jump for joy if I ever get to see a load temp like that again. It doesn't sound like you will have too many issues.

Another option is to use MSI Afterburner as opposed to EVGA Precision so you can set up an automatic fan profile. This makes it easier to control your temps in various games since each game will stress your card differently. The automatic fan control in precision doesn't allow you to make a temperature curve to your liking. You can specify your own temperatures and the cards fan will adjust accordingly depending on your settings.

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm
post #583 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter116 View Post
That's a really good load temp even if it is just CoD. I'm going to jump for joy if I ever get to see a load temp like that again. It doesn't sound like you will have too many issues.

Another option is to use MSI Afterburner as opposed to EVGA Precision so you can set up an automatic fan profile. This makes it easier to control your temps in various games since each game will stress your card differently. The automatic fan control in precision doesn't allow you to make a temperature curve to your liking. You can specify your own temperatures and the cards fan will adjust accordingly depending on your settings.

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm
Sweet, thanks for this tip/link/help bro!

can you give me an idea/ss of your fan settings?
Edited by WingZer0 - 6/30/10 at 12:32pm
post #584 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZer0 View Post
Sweet, thanks for this tip/link/help bro!

can you give me an idea/ss of your fan settings?
Sure, this is how mine is setup:



This exact curve may or may not be the best for you since your temps better than mine, but it gives you an idea of how to set one up.
post #585 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter116 View Post
Sure, this is how mine is setup:



This exact curve may or may not be the best for you since your temps better than mine, but it gives you an idea of how to set one up.
its ur overclock? mine stock run fastER
Rated
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5700 @ 3.5Ghz Gigabyte G41M-ES2L ASUS GTS250 2GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
400GB SATA Samsung Win XP 32bit 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
Rated
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5700 @ 3.5Ghz Gigabyte G41M-ES2L ASUS GTS250 2GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
400GB SATA Samsung Win XP 32bit 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
post #586 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyka View Post
its ur overclock? mine stock run fastER
no overclock, those are stock speeds.
post #587 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by KusH View Post
MAD, you need to do a bit of cable management my friend lol.
hell yeah >>>j
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 @3995Mhz 470x8.5 Asus P5Q Pro Sapphire 5850 Toxic 1Gb 2x2GB XTC OCZP10002G @ 940 5-5-5-15 @2.1V 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar blue 320 gb lol Win 7 Ult x64 Acer H233H lx 710 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CM Real Power 700M 922 lx710 a4tech x7 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 @3995Mhz 470x8.5 Asus P5Q Pro Sapphire 5850 Toxic 1Gb 2x2GB XTC OCZP10002G @ 940 5-5-5-15 @2.1V 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar blue 320 gb lol Win 7 Ult x64 Acer H233H lx 710 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CM Real Power 700M 922 lx710 a4tech x7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #588 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by KusH View Post
MAD, you need to do a bit of cable management my friend lol.

i think this is far more better .....
Black Bull
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core2 Duo E7500 @ 3.5GHz Foxconn G31MXP Nvidia GTX460 1G 2x2GB@800Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB+250GB LG DVD+RW Win7 32bit Compaq Q2009 20" 
PowerCase
OEM 430W Gigabyte Luxo M1004 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Bull
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core2 Duo E7500 @ 3.5GHz Foxconn G31MXP Nvidia GTX460 1G 2x2GB@800Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB+250GB LG DVD+RW Win7 32bit Compaq Q2009 20" 
PowerCase
OEM 430W Gigabyte Luxo M1004 
  hide details  
Reply
post #589 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by <<<MAD>>> View Post

i think this is far more better .....


Looking @ this yeah its nice but you need to take care of the Cables under the GPU.
~`Power Sukr!`~
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] |e7500| |@ 3.65Ghz 11x 332|(Stock Volts) [Foxconn] |G31MXP| [eVGA] |GTS 250 1G| |@ 806/1216/1861| [KINGSTON™] 2GB |DDR2 @ 830Mhz| 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[SAMSUNG™] 500GB SATA [SONY™] COMBO DRIVE |Windows| 7® |32Bit| [Samsung] |933 Plus| 
PowerCase
OEM 430W [GIGABYTE™] |Luxo M1004| 
  hide details  
Reply
~`Power Sukr!`~
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] |e7500| |@ 3.65Ghz 11x 332|(Stock Volts) [Foxconn] |G31MXP| [eVGA] |GTS 250 1G| |@ 806/1216/1861| [KINGSTON™] 2GB |DDR2 @ 830Mhz| 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[SAMSUNG™] 500GB SATA [SONY™] COMBO DRIVE |Windows| 7® |32Bit| [Samsung] |933 Plus| 
PowerCase
OEM 430W [GIGABYTE™] |Luxo M1004| 
  hide details  
Reply
post #590 of 815
Bought a used 9800gtx off a member on here. The thing clocks great. With the 186.18 drivers I was able to get the 2052 shader strap stable, and almost the 2106!
I had to upgrade to the 257's though due to a bug not letting me increase my core clock. With the 257's I got The 1998 strap stable, 1200 memory, and 800 on the core (still working on the core)
I love playing with these cards, this is the fourth G92 card I have owned!
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Living Room PC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K @ 4800 G1 Sniper 5 GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1300MHz 16GB DDR3 @ 2200 9-11-11-31 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB Hitatchi HDD 1TB Samsung 840 EVO samsung DVDRW DL Custom Water loop 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64 LG 27" 1080p EVGA 1000P Corsair 700D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K @ 5000 Z77X-UP7 GTX770 2x4GB DDR3 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Velociraptor 250GB 840Evo DVD Burner Coolermaster hyper 212+ 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 x64 OCZ GameXtreme 700W  Dimastech mini v1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600 Asus P8Z77-V Pro GTX580 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 9-9-9 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB hitachi 500GB 850EVO Blue Ray Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64` 42" Panasonic Plasma TX650 Tuniq Tower 3 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Living Room PC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K @ 4800 G1 Sniper 5 GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1300MHz 16GB DDR3 @ 2200 9-11-11-31 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB Hitatchi HDD 1TB Samsung 840 EVO samsung DVDRW DL Custom Water loop 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64 LG 27" 1080p EVGA 1000P Corsair 700D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K @ 5000 Z77X-UP7 GTX770 2x4GB DDR3 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Velociraptor 250GB 840Evo DVD Burner Coolermaster hyper 212+ 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 x64 OCZ GameXtreme 700W  Dimastech mini v1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600 Asus P8Z77-V Pro GTX580 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 9-9-9 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB hitachi 500GB 850EVO Blue Ray Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64` 42" Panasonic Plasma TX650 Tuniq Tower 3 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › OFFICIAL:NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX/+ & GTS250 Owners Thread