Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Team Competition › Original Folding Teams › Folding Team Competition Results (Updated July Final, 2010)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Folding Team Competition Results (Updated July Final, 2010) - Page 113

post #1121 of 1980
Of course not Gooda. It makes no sense. It'd be like saying just because a guard is replaced on a 5 man basketball team. Then all his points don't count. It doesn't work that way in life. In sports. Or in business. A person's contributions are ALWAYS counted.
I could not find a single rule that states if a man is replaced halfway his points don't count. In order to enforce a rule. You have to have it to begin with.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600@4.5+GHz 24/7 Stable Asus P5Q Pro EVGA GTX 285 - 675/1728/1269 G.Skill 1066 2 Gigs 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Western Digital 320GB SATA2 7200rpm 16M Kubuntu Linux 64bit Raidmax 550W RaidMax Smilodon 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600@4.5+GHz 24/7 Stable Asus P5Q Pro EVGA GTX 285 - 675/1728/1269 G.Skill 1066 2 Gigs 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Western Digital 320GB SATA2 7200rpm 16M Kubuntu Linux 64bit Raidmax 550W RaidMax Smilodon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1122 of 1980
Ahhhh, we are falling.........
Current
(3 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i5 6600k MSI Z170-A Pro RX-480 
  hide details  
Reply
Current
(3 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphics
i5 6600k MSI Z170-A Pro RX-480 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1123 of 1980
This has nothing to do with how basketball is scored.

Monthly calculations and in that time frame the rules state no more than 4 members.
Again IMHO unofficially!

Relax, this will get sorted out
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X4 965 ASUS M4A79 Deluxe 9800GTx2 2x2G OCZ Reapers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500G WD Black LiteOn CD/DVD R/W Win7 64 22'' ws Acer AL2223W 
KeyboardPowerMouse
MS KU462 Natural SS DA750 MS 5 button 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X4 965 ASUS M4A79 Deluxe 9800GTx2 2x2G OCZ Reapers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500G WD Black LiteOn CD/DVD R/W Win7 64 22'' ws Acer AL2223W 
KeyboardPowerMouse
MS KU462 Natural SS DA750 MS 5 button 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1124 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
This has nothing to do with how basketball is scored.

Monthly calculations and in that time frame the rules state no more than 4 members.
Again IMHO unofficially!

Relax, this will get sorted out
Yea, that is the common sense opinion I have always had, 4 team members with 8 cores total counted for the month, no matter how many cores went through your teams ranks only a total of 8 can be counted.

But who am I but a mere peon
D
(15 items)
 
The Sheep Skinner
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming5 Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X 3840 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
960 EVO 500GB EK SE 240mm, Magicool slim 240mm EK Supreme HF CU Gold EKFC-Fury X WB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Acer XG270HU EVGA 750W  Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse Pad
Naos7000 Corsair MM600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8400 DFI LT P35 Radeon HD4890 OCZ 2GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Asus multi DVD W7 U Samsung 2232BW+ 
PowerCase
Corsair HX520W CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(15 items)
 
The Sheep Skinner
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming5 Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X 3840 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
960 EVO 500GB EK SE 240mm, Magicool slim 240mm EK Supreme HF CU Gold EKFC-Fury X WB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Acer XG270HU EVGA 750W  Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse Pad
Naos7000 Corsair MM600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8400 DFI LT P35 Radeon HD4890 OCZ 2GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Asus multi DVD W7 U Samsung 2232BW+ 
PowerCase
Corsair HX520W CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1125 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeMiner View Post
Of course not Gooda. It makes no sense. It'd be like saying just because a guard is replaced on a 5 man basketball team. Then all his points don't count. It doesn't work that way in life. In sports. Or in business. A person's contributions are ALWAYS counted.
I could not find a single rule that states if a man is replaced halfway his points don't count. In order to enforce a rule. You have to have it to begin with.
I understand your point here.

I'll try to chime some more light on why I think it is this way. There should obviously be exceptions to this "unwritten" agreement. For instance if Folder A is being replaced with Folder B in the middle of the month and Folder B has not yet submitted a single WU for that month then Folder A's points should not be omitted in the daly at the end of the month.

I believe the main reason why it is this way is to ensure that if Folder B has been folding "Team-less" throughout the month and decides to join a Team then his points will replace those of Folder A which he is replacing. It wouldn't be fair to add on Folder B's points to Folder A's point count before leaving the team. Please keep in mind that Folder B has to have been folding with respect to the competition rules during the month in question for his points to be valid.
Pure 1nhibition
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 3570K] [Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H] [eVGA 560 Ti] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[OCZ Vertex LE 50GB SSD | 1TB | 2TB] [A50] [Windows 10 Pro x64] [24" Samsung 2494HM] 
Power
[Corsair 750W] 
  hide details  
Reply
Pure 1nhibition
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 3570K] [Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H] [eVGA 560 Ti] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[OCZ Vertex LE 50GB SSD | 1TB | 2TB] [A50] [Windows 10 Pro x64] [24" Samsung 2494HM] 
Power
[Corsair 750W] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1126 of 1980
Taeric has ONE main rule. You cannot fold on more than 2 cores. And that is enforceable. Can anybody show me a single example in team competitions where a contributors points are simply nulled out just because he is replaced? Hockey. Basketball. Football. Anything?
If there was a rule that stated "if a person is replaced their points will be nulled out". That would be right and fair. But you can't just make up the rules as you go along.
If he cheats. That's one thing. But Johan folded fair and square.
I would say the same thing for any other team. You have a guy that folded half the month and his machine breaks down. His points still count. Of course they do.
Then you take the points from the replacement person from the time they took over.
This is the way it works all over the world. Every day. In all competitions. Just because a person breaks a leg. Doesn't mean their touchdowns don't count.
Unless their is a rule that states his points are null if he breaks down and gets replaced. I don't think you can just make one up.
When it happens to another team that 3/4 of the way through one person has a total mobo meltdown. His points still count. Of course. And then you add the points from the replacement from his last quarter's production.
Can anybody give me an example of a person's points not counting just because they were replaced? In any team competition?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600@4.5+GHz 24/7 Stable Asus P5Q Pro EVGA GTX 285 - 675/1728/1269 G.Skill 1066 2 Gigs 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Western Digital 320GB SATA2 7200rpm 16M Kubuntu Linux 64bit Raidmax 550W RaidMax Smilodon 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600@4.5+GHz 24/7 Stable Asus P5Q Pro EVGA GTX 285 - 675/1728/1269 G.Skill 1066 2 Gigs 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Western Digital 320GB SATA2 7200rpm 16M Kubuntu Linux 64bit Raidmax 550W RaidMax Smilodon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1127 of 1980
We'll have to wait for Taeric to show up then

PS: you can fold on 3 cores. The rules are: 8 cores per team, and 3 cores per user is the limit (thus, you can have 1-2-2-3 for your team members).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1128 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeMiner View Post
Taeric has ONE main rule. You cannot fold on more than 2 cores. And that is enforceable. Can anybody show me a single example in team competitions where a contributors points are simply nulled out just because he is replaced? Hockey. Basketball. Football. Anything?
If there was a rule that stated "if a person is replaced their points will be nulled out". That would be right and fair. But you can't just make up the rules as you go along.
If he cheats. That's one thing. But Johan folded fair and square.
I would say the same thing for any other team. You have a guy that folded half the month and his machine breaks down. His points still count. Of course they do.
Then you take the points from the replacement person from the time they took over.
This is the way it works all over the world. Every day. In all competitions. Just because a person breaks a leg. Doesn't mean their touchdowns don't count.
Unless their is a rule that states his points are null if he breaks down and gets replaced. I don't think you can just make one up.
When it happens to another team that 3/4 of the way through one person has a total mobo meltdown. His points still count. Of course. And then you add the points from the replacement from his last quarter's production.
Can anybody give me an example of a person's points not counting just because they were replaced? In any team competition?
Well there the FUN in FOLDING goes out the window.

Let's s-p-e-l-l e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g o-u-t n-o-w


I feel no point in folding for friendly team competition now. Better off by myself it seems, at least everybody in my mind agrees folding is fun just for the sake of folding.


But no seriously, I figured that you traded points pretty much, but I do get the way you are saying jade, just think it's kinda I don't know kiddish to be argueing about. The issue has been brought up and time for the judge to weigh in on the situation.
Edited by rx7racer - 5/23/08 at 3:45pm
D
(15 items)
 
The Sheep Skinner
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming5 Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X 3840 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
960 EVO 500GB EK SE 240mm, Magicool slim 240mm EK Supreme HF CU Gold EKFC-Fury X WB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Acer XG270HU EVGA 750W  Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse Pad
Naos7000 Corsair MM600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8400 DFI LT P35 Radeon HD4890 OCZ 2GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Asus multi DVD W7 U Samsung 2232BW+ 
PowerCase
Corsair HX520W CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(15 items)
 
The Sheep Skinner
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming5 Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X 3840 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
960 EVO 500GB EK SE 240mm, Magicool slim 240mm EK Supreme HF CU Gold EKFC-Fury X WB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Acer XG270HU EVGA 750W  Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse Pad
Naos7000 Corsair MM600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8400 DFI LT P35 Radeon HD4890 OCZ 2GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Asus multi DVD W7 U Samsung 2232BW+ 
PowerCase
Corsair HX520W CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1129 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7racer View Post
Well there the FUN in FOLDING goes out the window.

Let's s-p-e-l-l e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g o-u-t n-o-w


I feel no point in folding for friendly team competition now. Better off by myself it seems, at least everybody in my mind agrees folding is fun just for the sake of folding.


But no seriously, I figured that you traded points pretty much, but I do get the way you are saying jade, just think it's kinda I don't know kiddish to be argueing about. The issue has been brought up and time for the judge to weigh in on the situation.
Yeah. I agree totally with you. This is just common sense. A person has a massive breakdown. Their points still count. Of course they do. I can't imagine any other team that loses a folder to breakdown or whatever simply having all of that person's points taken away if he's replaced. Johan folded his little heart out. And his points should count.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600@4.5+GHz 24/7 Stable Asus P5Q Pro EVGA GTX 285 - 675/1728/1269 G.Skill 1066 2 Gigs 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Western Digital 320GB SATA2 7200rpm 16M Kubuntu Linux 64bit Raidmax 550W RaidMax Smilodon 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600@4.5+GHz 24/7 Stable Asus P5Q Pro EVGA GTX 285 - 675/1728/1269 G.Skill 1066 2 Gigs 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Western Digital 320GB SATA2 7200rpm 16M Kubuntu Linux 64bit Raidmax 550W RaidMax Smilodon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1130 of 1980
I don't understand teams. Why would you want to limit the amount of cores someone can use? Don't we want as many as possible?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Original Folding Teams
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Team Competition › Original Folding Teams › Folding Team Competition Results (Updated July Final, 2010)