Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Team Competition › Original Folding Teams › Folding Team Competition Results (Updated July Final, 2010)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Folding Team Competition Results (Updated July Final, 2010) - Page 60

post #591 of 1980
I don't anticipate permitting quads in the competition at any point in the near future. A single quad could place a member in the top five producers on the team, which defeats the purpose of having a competition for "small time" folders. One day down the road when something bigger and badder is on the market and dominating the monthly overall competition, perhaps quads can be added.

May results will be posted tomorrow. I have the data downloaded, and I'll crunch them tomorrow when I run into work so I can generate the pdf.
Sig rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 23A Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi HD 3870 2x2 GB G.Skill DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250 GB Seagate RAID 0 + 320 GB Seagate Samsung SATA DVD Windows XP Pro/Vista Ultimate 64 bit Viewsonic VA2012wb 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Corsair HX620 Lian Li V2000b Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
Sig rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 23A Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi HD 3870 2x2 GB G.Skill DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250 GB Seagate RAID 0 + 320 GB Seagate Samsung SATA DVD Windows XP Pro/Vista Ultimate 64 bit Viewsonic VA2012wb 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Corsair HX620 Lian Li V2000b Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #592 of 1980
Thanks Taeric,

It makes sense. It's fun competing with teamates in small groups, I will just use half my quad when I upgrade.
post #593 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeric View Post
I don't anticipate permitting quads in the competition at any point in the near future. A single quad could place a member in the top five producers on the team, which defeats the purpose of having a competition for "small time" folders. One day down the road when something bigger and badder is on the market and dominating the monthly overall competition, perhaps quads can be added.

May results will be posted tomorrow. I have the data downloaded, and I'll crunch them tomorrow when I run into work so I can generate the pdf.
I still think there should be two different levels of competition. A normal level for the average folder and a high-performance level for insane folding addicts like me. Both levels are limited to a single device (one PS3, or one PC, or one Xbox 360...when that finally gets going). Only difference being, the high performance folding teams can have as many CPU's as they can squeeze into a single PC.

Think about it. If folding for the cause is the ultimate goal, why artificially limit the horsepower?

Is the real problem keeping track of two different categories?
TITAN-6
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4GHZ ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 570 8GB G.skill Sniper DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ160 Blu Ray DVD writer Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Sceptre 24" LCD BENQ 3D 24" LCD Logitech G510 Corsair 750W HX professional single rail 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Sniper Razer Naga left-handed version None Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
TITAN-6
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4GHZ ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 570 8GB G.skill Sniper DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ160 Blu Ray DVD writer Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Sceptre 24" LCD BENQ 3D 24" LCD Logitech G510 Corsair 750W HX professional single rail 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Sniper Razer Naga left-handed version None Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #594 of 1980
The horsepower freaks can compete individually

The team competition is for those who don't have the resources to put a viable efford in the individual competition.

What might not be a bad idea is a 'single rig' individual competition... i.e., who can squeeze the most folding out of one box, no matter what's inside it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #595 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
The horsepower freaks can compete individually

The team competition is for those who don't have the resources to put a viable efford in the individual competition.

What might not be a bad idea is a 'single rig' individual competition... i.e., who can squeeze the most folding out of one box, no matter what's inside it.
Interesting, you say one box, does that mean I could use my dual quad core rig?
Folding Rigs
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD or Intel Anything with a lot of GPU Slots PPD Cruncher Just enough to fold. 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
Smallest Possible None None Whatever it takes 
Case
Bare Naked 
  hide details  
Reply
Folding Rigs
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD or Intel Anything with a lot of GPU Slots PPD Cruncher Just enough to fold. 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
Smallest Possible None None Whatever it takes 
Case
Bare Naked 
  hide details  
Reply
post #596 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitelife View Post
Interesting, you say one box, does that mean I could use my dual quad core rig?


I think he meant one motherboard, but that's good creative thinking!
post #597 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
The horsepower freaks can compete individually
Exactly. Power folders have a competition already, and there's cash on the line for them.
Sig rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 23A Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi HD 3870 2x2 GB G.Skill DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250 GB Seagate RAID 0 + 320 GB Seagate Samsung SATA DVD Windows XP Pro/Vista Ultimate 64 bit Viewsonic VA2012wb 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Corsair HX620 Lian Li V2000b Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
Sig rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 23A Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi HD 3870 2x2 GB G.Skill DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250 GB Seagate RAID 0 + 320 GB Seagate Samsung SATA DVD Windows XP Pro/Vista Ultimate 64 bit Viewsonic VA2012wb 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Corsair HX620 Lian Li V2000b Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #598 of 1980
speaking of cash on the line for them, what ever happened to our prizes that were here for us team folders, but just disappeared...?

Not a big deal but that was one of the big things when this started up and just kind of disappeared.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X3210 @ 8*450 L726B ASUS P5B-D XFX 8800GTS 320mb 2x 2Gb Gskill DDR2-1000 PQ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD160 GB sata II Liteon SOHW-1633s W7 64bit 19in LCD Fujiplus 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Black Seasonic S12-600 Tsunami 1 silenx 90 cfm 120mm Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Gel 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X3210 @ 8*450 L726B ASUS P5B-D XFX 8800GTS 320mb 2x 2Gb Gskill DDR2-1000 PQ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD160 GB sata II Liteon SOHW-1633s W7 64bit 19in LCD Fujiplus 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Black Seasonic S12-600 Tsunami 1 silenx 90 cfm 120mm Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Gel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #599 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyzkickazz View Post
speaking of cash on the line for them, what ever happened to our prizes that were here for us team folders, but just disappeared...?

Not a big deal but that was one of the big things when this started up and just kind of disappeared.
The prizes originally slated for the competition were one month overclocked accounts for each member of the winning team. Once we got the competition going, it was decided that the amount of manual setup needed to get the necessary tweaks going on four accounts wasn't worth the effort for a one month duration. The setup process for overclocked accounts has become more automated since then, but it still has a ways to go. Once it's fully automated, the prizes can be reinstated.

By the way, May results will definitely get posted tomorrow. I just didn't have it in me to go into the office today, but I definitely need to get in there tomorrow.
Sig rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 23A Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi HD 3870 2x2 GB G.Skill DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250 GB Seagate RAID 0 + 320 GB Seagate Samsung SATA DVD Windows XP Pro/Vista Ultimate 64 bit Viewsonic VA2012wb 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Corsair HX620 Lian Li V2000b Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
Sig rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 23A Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi HD 3870 2x2 GB G.Skill DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250 GB Seagate RAID 0 + 320 GB Seagate Samsung SATA DVD Windows XP Pro/Vista Ultimate 64 bit Viewsonic VA2012wb 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Corsair HX620 Lian Li V2000b Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #600 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeric View Post
The prizes originally slated for the competition were one month overclocked accounts for each member of the winning team. Once we got the competition going, it was decided that the amount of manual setup needed to get the necessary tweaks going on four accounts wasn't worth the effort for a one month duration. The setup process for overclocked accounts has become more automated since then, but it still has a ways to go. Once it's fully automated, the prizes can be reinstated.

By the way, May results will definitely get posted tomorrow. I just didn't have it in me to go into the office today, but I definitely need to get in there tomorrow.
ok that's cool like I said no big deal, just was wondering I can't wait to see Owners Numbers for May!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X3210 @ 8*450 L726B ASUS P5B-D XFX 8800GTS 320mb 2x 2Gb Gskill DDR2-1000 PQ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD160 GB sata II Liteon SOHW-1633s W7 64bit 19in LCD Fujiplus 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Black Seasonic S12-600 Tsunami 1 silenx 90 cfm 120mm Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Gel 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X3210 @ 8*450 L726B ASUS P5B-D XFX 8800GTS 320mb 2x 2Gb Gskill DDR2-1000 PQ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD160 GB sata II Liteon SOHW-1633s W7 64bit 19in LCD Fujiplus 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Black Seasonic S12-600 Tsunami 1 silenx 90 cfm 120mm Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
Gel 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Original Folding Teams
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Team Competition › Original Folding Teams › Folding Team Competition Results (Updated July Final, 2010)