Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › The 1055T Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The 1055T Owners Club - Page 131

post #1301 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by [CyGnus] View Post
All depends on the temps try to keep it below 55ºC full loaded
Yeah true... I can run Prime for a few hours and temps vary from about 50-57 but never above 60.. Could someone please fill out the table in my last few post's as im really keen to get 3.7/3.8ghz
AMD HEXACORE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t @ 3.5ghz (1.425v) GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT ATI 5770 (1GB GDDR5) 3x Kingston 2GB DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb Seagate ASUS DVD-DL Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic 22" HDMI 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Raidmax 500w Thermaltake Soprano Logitech Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD HEXACORE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t @ 3.5ghz (1.425v) GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT ATI 5770 (1GB GDDR5) 3x Kingston 2GB DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb Seagate ASUS DVD-DL Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic 22" HDMI 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Raidmax 500w Thermaltake Soprano Logitech Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1302 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzhaystack View Post
Yeah true... I can run Prime for a few hours and temps vary from about 50-57 but never above 60.. Could someone please fill out the table in my last few post's as im really keen to get 3.7/3.8ghz
It's very simple. You will need more voltage on your CPU. Some boards will fare better than others while some boards will need more voltage for a given clock.

I (not speaking for any other person or their clocks) need 1.4875v on my CPU for 3.7+ stable. This is not stable @ 3.9+ and would require even more voltage on my particular board (M4A78T-E).

So in short, if you want higher clocks no matter your CPU/NB frequency or HT frequency you'll need more CPU VCORE voltage.

That being said, your cooler is really not that great of a performer.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1303 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post
It's very simple. You will need more voltage on your CPU. Some boards will fare better than others while some boards will need more voltage for a given clock.

I (not speaking for any other person or their clocks) need 1.4875v on my CPU for 3.7+ stable. This is not stable @ 3.9+ and would require even more voltage on my particular board (M4A78T-E).

So in short, if you want higher clocks no matter your CPU/NB frequency or HT frequency you'll need more CPU VCORE voltage.

That being said, your cooler is really not that great of a performer.
Sweet as.. Well i'm stable at 3.5ghz so i think i'l stay with that for now... however even if i do decide to bumb it up a wee bit.. does the CPU NB freq need to be close to the HT freq or ahead of it? Cheers
AMD HEXACORE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t @ 3.5ghz (1.425v) GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT ATI 5770 (1GB GDDR5) 3x Kingston 2GB DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb Seagate ASUS DVD-DL Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic 22" HDMI 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Raidmax 500w Thermaltake Soprano Logitech Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD HEXACORE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t @ 3.5ghz (1.425v) GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT ATI 5770 (1GB GDDR5) 3x Kingston 2GB DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb Seagate ASUS DVD-DL Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic 22" HDMI 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Raidmax 500w Thermaltake Soprano Logitech Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1304 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzhaystack View Post
Sweet as.. Well i'm stable at 3.5ghz so i think i'l stay with that for now... however even if i do decide to bumb it up a wee bit.. does the CPU NB freq need to be close to the HT freq or ahead of it? Cheers
Some report that yes, for stability, it should be that way while others don't report the same findings. I personally see no difference in stability with things near the same or spread apart.

For instance, if my CPU/NB is 2700 and my HT is 2100, there is no difference in stability for me compared to 2700NB / 2400HT.

It's more important to know what each little piece is actually doing. The HT Link is providing a channel (link) to your PCI bus and other functions whereas the CPU/NB is the IMC (integrated memory controller) which handle the link between your CPU and RAM.

So, when you boost your CPU/NB frequency, you'll experience a 'snappier' feel to windows opening/closing/running programs and also you'll see a performance boost in benchmarks.

When you boost your HT Link speed, you're basically giving the PCI bus system more bandwidth to operate on. The problem there is that most card setups today won't need more than 2000Mhz on the HT Link (even a GTX480/ATI 5970) because it'll already have a hard time saturating that bandwidth. However with increased HT frequencies, you may notice an increase in synthetic benchmarks which is due to the frequency being higher.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1305 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post
Some report that yes, for stability, it should be that way while others don't report the same findings. I personally see no difference in stability with things near the same or spread apart.

For instance, if my CPU/NB is 2700 and my HT is 2100, there is no difference in stability for me compared to 2700NB / 2400HT.

It's more important to know what each little piece is actually doing. The HT Link is providing a channel (link) to your PCI bus and other functions whereas the CPU/NB is the IMC (integrated memory controller) which handle the link between your CPU and RAM.

So, when you boost your CPU/NB frequency, you'll experience a 'snappier' feel to windows opening/closing/running programs and also you'll see a performance boost in benchmarks.



When you boost your HT Link speed, you're basically giving the PCI bus system more bandwidth to operate on. The problem there is that most card setups today won't need more than 2000Mhz on the HT Link (even a GTX480/ATI 5970) because it'll already have a hard time saturating that bandwidth. However with increased HT frequencies, you may notice an increase in synthetic benchmarks which is due to the frequency being higher.



Ok thanks heaps for that, really appreciated .. So if i was to get 3.8ghz it's just a process of trial and error.. How about i just do it and post some voltages and frequency's and see what you think of them? Also my hardware will be ok when im doing overclocking right?
AMD HEXACORE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t @ 3.5ghz (1.425v) GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT ATI 5770 (1GB GDDR5) 3x Kingston 2GB DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb Seagate ASUS DVD-DL Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic 22" HDMI 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Raidmax 500w Thermaltake Soprano Logitech Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD HEXACORE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t @ 3.5ghz (1.425v) GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT ATI 5770 (1GB GDDR5) 3x Kingston 2GB DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb Seagate ASUS DVD-DL Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic 22" HDMI 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Raidmax 500w Thermaltake Soprano Logitech Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1306 of 5036
Overclocking doesn't hurt hardware....extended over-volting and high temperatures will hurt your cpu.

Try 286 x 14 with 1.5v on the cpu....with NB @ 2860MHz, and HT somewhere around 22-2400MHz....leave all the voltages on "auto" except the cpu vcore.

Then take a look and see what voltages the system is requiring at those "auto" settings, write that down and go to BIOS and set them manually if you wish, or you could leave them on auto if it's working.
Overclock_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-60 DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR Expert 4890 BH-5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Tiny7 23" awesome Corsair TX-850 
Case
None 
  hide details  
Reply
Overclock_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-60 DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR Expert 4890 BH-5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Tiny7 23" awesome Corsair TX-850 
Case
None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1307 of 5036
not gona happen if you have a GB board, as the only voltage that can be read in OS is the CPU/RAM, none of the other voltages can be read.... there is also no "auto" for voltages, only "normal" which sets it to the value GB specified... so no auto voltaging is going on on these boards.
myrig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 XFX RX480 GTR 2x8GB Gskill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 H2O Win7 64bit Optoma Beamer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry G80-3000LPCEU-0 Corsair 850W HAF-X Roccat Tyon 
AudioAudio
Onkyo TX-RZ900 Magnat Shadow 209 + 213 
  hide details  
Reply
myrig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 XFX RX480 GTR 2x8GB Gskill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 H2O Win7 64bit Optoma Beamer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry G80-3000LPCEU-0 Corsair 850W HAF-X Roccat Tyon 
AudioAudio
Onkyo TX-RZ900 Magnat Shadow 209 + 213 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1308 of 5036
Thanks for the info., and sorry to hear that. I guess I wasn't planning on leaving ASUS anyways.
Overclock_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-60 DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR Expert 4890 BH-5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Tiny7 23" awesome Corsair TX-850 
Case
None 
  hide details  
Reply
Overclock_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-60 DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR Expert 4890 BH-5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Tiny7 23" awesome Corsair TX-850 
Case
None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1309 of 5036
but i am planing to leave GB... their bios and support is a joke. seems they put much money in the advertisement which would be needed in the support/development department .... FAIL
myrig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 XFX RX480 GTR 2x8GB Gskill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 H2O Win7 64bit Optoma Beamer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry G80-3000LPCEU-0 Corsair 850W HAF-X Roccat Tyon 
AudioAudio
Onkyo TX-RZ900 Magnat Shadow 209 + 213 
  hide details  
Reply
myrig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 XFX RX480 GTR 2x8GB Gskill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 H2O Win7 64bit Optoma Beamer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry G80-3000LPCEU-0 Corsair 850W HAF-X Roccat Tyon 
AudioAudio
Onkyo TX-RZ900 Magnat Shadow 209 + 213 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1310 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromar View Post
but i am planing to leave GB... their bios and support is a joke. seems they put much money in the advertisement which would be needed in the support/development department .... FAIL
Agreed
AMD HEXACORE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t @ 3.5ghz (1.425v) GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT ATI 5770 (1GB GDDR5) 3x Kingston 2GB DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb Seagate ASUS DVD-DL Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic 22" HDMI 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Raidmax 500w Thermaltake Soprano Logitech Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD HEXACORE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t @ 3.5ghz (1.425v) GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT ATI 5770 (1GB GDDR5) 3x Kingston 2GB DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb Seagate ASUS DVD-DL Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic 22" HDMI 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Raidmax 500w Thermaltake Soprano Logitech Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › The 1055T Owners Club