Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › The 1055T Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The 1055T Owners Club - Page 153

post #1521 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenolak View Post
These are bio's settings, and do not correctly reflect the settings displayed by CPUZ.
C1E is disabled, C & Q is disabled, Advanced Clock calibration (ACC) is disabled, Unleashing is not an option while this is disabled in the bios.
Turbo is Enabled with a multiplier or 8x(lowest possible for current bio's for the motherboard.)
Cpu/NB Multiplier: 4x
HT Link Frequency: 800mhz
VDDNB:1.2
CPUVDDA: 2.5
Chipset overvoltage:1.355
SB over voltage:1.35
Sideport is disabled


FSB/Multiplier:285x14
CPU Speed:3990
NB Speed:800
CPU Voltage:1.5
CPU-NB Voltage:1.2
RAM Speed:400mhz
Motherboard:M4A785TD-V

p1 Power state has been copied onto p0 state.

Cpu hits 60c and (switches to p3/drops multi to 7.5) til it cools to 50c then resumes normal 14x operation.

when p3 is edited to force 14x during cool off period cpu eventually gets to 70c and system powers off. -using stock cooler that came with the 1055t.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1333433 -

I'll post results of a stablity tests soon, thanks to the cool down underclocking it seems this works flawlessly although the HT speed is extremly slow (~1140) the memory runs ~566 with 1:2 ratio (slow 1333 memory doesnt like to be oc'd at all)

Haven't Oc'd anything in years, this is a very fun chip to play with!
I am not very certain what you are trying to accomplish. You are pushing the CPU too hard. Bring your CPU voltage back down to 1.375-1.425 V. You should be able to clock stably at 3.92 GHz at the higher setting with a stock cooler. Disable Turbo Boost as it may drive your system toward instability. Tune your HT Link and NB frequencies higher for optimal performance. Here are my recommendations in light of the fact that GPU performance seems to be inconsequential to you:

Cpu/NB Multiplier: 9X
HT Link Frequency: 8X280mhz=2240MHz
VDDNB:1.2 V
CPUVDDA: 2.5 V
Chipset overvoltage:1.3 V
SB over voltage:1.3 V or AUTO
Sideport is disabled


FSB/Multiplier:280x14
CPU Speed:3920MHz
NB Speed: 9X280=2520MHz
CPU Voltage:1.425 V
CPU-NB Voltage:1.25 V
RAM Speed:5.33x280= 1492 MHz (tightest timings possible)
Bare Bones
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor @ 3.92/3.85 Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev. 1.0 ATI Radeon HD 4250 4GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666/Platinum Edition/LowVoltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.5 TB 7200 RPM Seagate ST31500341AS Lite-On DVD-RW SOHW-1693S ATA Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) Compaq 151 FS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex TS1000 Chiefmax 550W w/ 120 mm intake fan Chiefmax FC-3 Black Micro-ATX Logitech 
Mouse Pad
Scotties 
  hide details  
Reply
Bare Bones
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor @ 3.92/3.85 Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev. 1.0 ATI Radeon HD 4250 4GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666/Platinum Edition/LowVoltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.5 TB 7200 RPM Seagate ST31500341AS Lite-On DVD-RW SOHW-1693S ATA Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) Compaq 151 FS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex TS1000 Chiefmax 550W w/ 120 mm intake fan Chiefmax FC-3 Black Micro-ATX Logitech 
Mouse Pad
Scotties 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1522 of 5036
4004 stable, got the HT and memory both up also, timing is sloppy, gpu seems to be underclocked.


will play with it more later

Thank you both seanicy and headless, ill look over what youve shared with what ive got now, i would like the temps to be cooler and the gpu to be faster but for now im happy even if i didt manage to set this cpu on fire :/


Have a great day everyone!
Synthkart
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T Asus Onboard x4200 2x2GB GeIL DDR 1333 (9-9-9) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Sata3.0 Liteon iHAS124 Win7 x64 Some old crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
digital Raidmax-450K Some cheap raidmax Labtec 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
Synthkart
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T Asus Onboard x4200 2x2GB GeIL DDR 1333 (9-9-9) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Sata3.0 Liteon iHAS124 Win7 x64 Some old crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
digital Raidmax-450K Some cheap raidmax Labtec 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
post #1523 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenolak View Post
4004 stable, got the HT and memory both up also, timing is sloppy, gpu seems to be underclocked.


will play with it more later

Thank you both seanicy and headless, ill look over what youve shared with what ive got now, i would like the temps to be cooler and the gpu to be faster but for now im happy even if i didt manage to set this cpu on fire :/


Have a great day everyone!
The HD4200 series IGX have an underclocking feature that keeps the Northbridge cool and saves energy. Should you wish to relax this, enter the IGX options in the BIOS and manually set the VGA Core Clock to whatever value your North Bridge can support. Based on your choice of GPU, graphics performance may not be of interest to you in which case you may leave it on Auto. I still suggest keeping your CPU Voltage at or below 1.425 V on the stock cooler. Otherwise, you will significantly shorten the life span of your system. I will not even try it for an extra 84 MHz.
Bare Bones
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor @ 3.92/3.85 Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev. 1.0 ATI Radeon HD 4250 4GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666/Platinum Edition/LowVoltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.5 TB 7200 RPM Seagate ST31500341AS Lite-On DVD-RW SOHW-1693S ATA Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) Compaq 151 FS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex TS1000 Chiefmax 550W w/ 120 mm intake fan Chiefmax FC-3 Black Micro-ATX Logitech 
Mouse Pad
Scotties 
  hide details  
Reply
Bare Bones
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor @ 3.92/3.85 Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev. 1.0 ATI Radeon HD 4250 4GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666/Platinum Edition/LowVoltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.5 TB 7200 RPM Seagate ST31500341AS Lite-On DVD-RW SOHW-1693S ATA Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) Compaq 151 FS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex TS1000 Chiefmax 550W w/ 120 mm intake fan Chiefmax FC-3 Black Micro-ATX Logitech 
Mouse Pad
Scotties 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1524 of 5036
I'm new to overclocking on this motherboard and bios (in my sig). Maybe someone can steer me in the right direction. With the voltage on auto, Im getting these [see image 1]. I don't know why, but in CPU-Z the multiplier will always stay at x14 no matter what I set it to in the BIOS. I have stock cooling at the moment, but it's not a problem. Just whatever it takes to get to 4.0 GHz would be appreciated. Thanks.



And I have never OCed RAM before so if it would be beneficial to do it, here it is. I have 4gb of G Skill Ripjaws (Blue Heatsink) ram.
First FF14
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Western Digital Caviar Black 7200 RPM 750 GB Windows 7 - 64 bit Antec 620 W Thermaltake V3 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
First FF14
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Western Digital Caviar Black 7200 RPM 750 GB Windows 7 - 64 bit Antec 620 W Thermaltake V3 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1525 of 5036
can someone tell me which voltage to adjust if i'm trying to o/c my NB. I have two voltages in bios, NB voltage and CPU NB VID.

and what the default voltage of that is meant to be

thanks
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @4.0ghz (286x14)/1.425v GA-890XA-UD3 HIS HD5770 G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB (2x2G) 8-8-8-24 @1525mhz) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Antec TruePower New 650w Antec 600 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @4.0ghz (286x14)/1.425v GA-890XA-UD3 HIS HD5770 G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB (2x2G) 8-8-8-24 @1525mhz) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Antec TruePower New 650w Antec 600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1526 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson9 View Post
I'm new to overclocking on this motherboard and bios (in my sig). Maybe someone can steer me in the right direction. With the voltage on auto, Im getting these [see image 1]. I don't know why, but in CPU-Z the multiplier will always stay at x14 no matter what I set it to in the BIOS. I have stock cooling at the moment, but it's not a problem. Just whatever it takes to get to 4.0 GHz would be appreciated. Thanks.



And I have never OCed RAM before so if it would be beneficial to do it, here it is. I have 4gb of G Skill Ripjaws (Blue Heatsink) ram.
You should be able to lower the cpu multiplier and increase your FSB. I don't know why you would not be able to. Maybe something is set to "auto" so the multi changes back to default.

Overclock the RAM and increase the NB frequency, but not the HT, as high as is stable. You will probably need to add cpu/nb voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyza View Post
can someone tell me which voltage to adjust if i'm trying to o/c my NB. I have two voltages in bios, NB voltage and CPU NB VID.

and what the default voltage of that is meant to be

thanks
When OCing the NB you should be increasing the CPU/NB voltage. The Default is like 1.2v or something low, but that is @ stock 2000MHz.

I wish they called things by the same name in all BIOS, it would make helping people easier.
Overclock_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-60 DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR Expert 4890 BH-5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Tiny7 23" awesome Corsair TX-850 
Case
None 
  hide details  
Reply
Overclock_Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-60 DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR Expert 4890 BH-5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Tiny7 23" awesome Corsair TX-850 
Case
None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1527 of 5036
I've tried multiple different settings for getting the cpu to 4ghz, even with the multipler set to below 13and 300+FSB, Eventually it overheats and falls back to 7.5x multipler mode for a cool down. Overall for light day to day useage, this is fine as it takes lots of useage(heavy gaming, video editing, folding, etc) to get it to heat up to its limit and gives about 20% speed increase(likely lowering the lifetime of them chip from the higher voltages and temps).

Normal operation at 3.5ghz is seemingly the most productive, never getting it too hot to need to cool down, and keeping the slightly better (than stock) performance, and being able to leave all the turbo, acc, C&Q C1e options on in the bios without fear of it crashing or overheating.


The only score'd differences of any greater then typical margin that I could see would be in Linx, 4ghz(and ram oc'd to ~1540) getting 8-10 GFlops more performance (before it drops the multiplier to cool down). During cooldown it gets about 20GFlops less than while at 3.5.


Completely agree with all you guys saying the 4ghz mark isnt worth it unless you have a cooler that will not let this cpu get hotter than 55c and atleast ddr1600 memory.


(please notice the ambient temp in the room i'm sitting in, is usually less than 70F, do not try setting your cpu on fire like i did, and be warned just because mine auto shut off at 70c doesnt mean yours will.)

I'll give another go at pushing this puppy the extra 500mhz after i invest in a cooling solution, or someone can explain how to get it to 4ghz without upping the voltages (lol ..). Have a great day everyone!
Synthkart
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T Asus Onboard x4200 2x2GB GeIL DDR 1333 (9-9-9) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Sata3.0 Liteon iHAS124 Win7 x64 Some old crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
digital Raidmax-450K Some cheap raidmax Labtec 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
Synthkart
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T Asus Onboard x4200 2x2GB GeIL DDR 1333 (9-9-9) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Sata3.0 Liteon iHAS124 Win7 x64 Some old crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
digital Raidmax-450K Some cheap raidmax Labtec 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
post #1528 of 5036
Its Overclocking time:



post #1529 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenolak View Post
I've tried multiple different settings for getting the cpu to 4ghz, even with the multipler set to below 13and 300+FSB, Eventually it overheats and falls back to 7.5x multipler mode for a cool down. Overall for light day to day useage, this is fine as it takes lots of useage(heavy gaming, video editing, folding, etc) to get it to heat up to its limit and gives about 20% speed increase(likely lowering the lifetime of them chip from the higher voltages and temps).

Normal operation at 3.5ghz is seemingly the most productive, never getting it too hot to need to cool down, and keeping the slightly better (than stock) performance, and being able to leave all the turbo, acc, C&Q C1e options on in the bios without fear of it crashing or overheating.


The only score'd differences of any greater then typical margin that I could see would be in Linx, 4ghz(and ram oc'd to ~1540) getting 8-10 GFlops more performance (before it drops the multiplier to cool down). During cooldown it gets about 20GFlops less than while at 3.5.


Completely agree with all you guys saying the 4ghz mark isnt worth it unless you have a cooler that will not let this cpu get hotter than 55c and atleast ddr1600 memory.


(please notice the ambient temp in the room i'm sitting in, is usually less than 70F, do not try setting your cpu on fire like i did, and be warned just because mine auto shut off at 70c doesnt mean yours will.)

I'll give another go at pushing this puppy the extra 500mhz after i invest in a cooling solution, or someone can explain how to get it to 4ghz without upping the voltages (lol ..). Have a great day everyone!
If you have activated Turbo Boost, you will, indeed, get a 625 MHz increase in CPU frequency when only three cores are active. This may benefit you depending on what type of applications you use. Otherwise, you are better off setting the HT clock to 280 MHz and profiting from a stable 3.92 GHz on all cores, just shy of your goal, without compromising too much of your components' lifespan. A Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme cooler ($58) with 6 heat pipes may allow you to reach 4.2 Ghz. However, I suspect that a Radeon HD 4850 graphics solution ($75-80) would be a better investment, especially if you plan to play games and edit videos.
Bare Bones
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor @ 3.92/3.85 Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev. 1.0 ATI Radeon HD 4250 4GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666/Platinum Edition/LowVoltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.5 TB 7200 RPM Seagate ST31500341AS Lite-On DVD-RW SOHW-1693S ATA Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) Compaq 151 FS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex TS1000 Chiefmax 550W w/ 120 mm intake fan Chiefmax FC-3 Black Micro-ATX Logitech 
Mouse Pad
Scotties 
  hide details  
Reply
Bare Bones
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor @ 3.92/3.85 Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev. 1.0 ATI Radeon HD 4250 4GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666/Platinum Edition/LowVoltage 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.5 TB 7200 RPM Seagate ST31500341AS Lite-On DVD-RW SOHW-1693S ATA Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) Compaq 151 FS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex TS1000 Chiefmax 550W w/ 120 mm intake fan Chiefmax FC-3 Black Micro-ATX Logitech 
Mouse Pad
Scotties 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1530 of 5036
can't pass prime95 tests with 2860 NB @ 1.3v. is my only option raising voltage even more and hoping it gets stable? will adjusting ht or mem speeds/voltage help any?
Edited by thyza - 8/8/10 at 1:07am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @4.0ghz (286x14)/1.425v GA-890XA-UD3 HIS HD5770 G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB (2x2G) 8-8-8-24 @1525mhz) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Antec TruePower New 650w Antec 600 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @4.0ghz (286x14)/1.425v GA-890XA-UD3 HIS HD5770 G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB (2x2G) 8-8-8-24 @1525mhz) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Antec TruePower New 650w Antec 600 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › The 1055T Owners Club