Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › The 1055T Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The 1055T Owners Club - Page 373

post #3721 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNeon View Post
I'm really very surprised that you have to run high volts to make it stable. Reason I say this is because ASUS motherboards apparently require less volts due to the chipset and motherboard design.
For me I can run my 1055t at 288fsb (4036mhz) at 1.4v but it doesnt run completely stable. Raising the corev to 1.45v makes me 100% stable, the only thing holding me back at this point are the temps. I only have 3 120mm fans installed in my case out of the total 7 fans the case can take. So ventilation is my only problem as my V6GT is just drawing hot air into the cooler.

As for the Thuban taking 1.6v... Where did you read that? Even if the thuban can take 1.6v the recommended max is 1.5v and 1.55v tops. I wouldnt suggest under any case running a 1055t at 1.6v unless your absolutely destined to reach 4ghz+

The reason people say 1.4-1.45v is because that gives you a nice 0.1-0.05v headroom. This gives lower temps and ofcourse longer cpu life and stability.

It's different for everyone though and in general the rule of thumb is to run your cpu at the lowest possible volts.
I have been able to reduce the voltage from 1.51 on the CPU to 1.488v (CPUZ) which ran prime95 stable for 2 hours.

I brought everything back to stock, the stock temps of it running prime95 were 37ish on the CPU (1.32volts), bring it up to 4ghz (1.488v) and its running at 58ish and that's with 17degree Celsius ambient, i increased the nb-cpu volts to 1.35 aswell for stability at 1.488v CPU.

Stay away from this batch of Thubans (1034DPMW), i cant believe i have such bad luck , this thing runs so hot, I'm pretty much clueless as to what else i could do to make it run less hot, i initially had a corsair h50 and it couldn't cool it, i went out and got the all mighty NH D14 and it can't cool it either, hell i think the only way I'd be able to get 4ghz stable would be Phase Change but i don't have that kinda money, if anything i would really want to replace this damn 1055t for a 1090t.

Any of you guys think telling the store owner the temp sensor is bad i wanna get a replacement would work lol?

Also, would any of you guys know good batch numbers for 1055t's which would run cool and overclock great?

Hope you all had a great christmas .
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930K @ 4.8ghz (1.42v) Asus Rampage IV Extreme LEADTEK 680GTX SLI GSKILL Trident x 2 16GB 2400mhz (10-12-12-31-2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB WD Caviar Black - Storage Corsair 120gb Force GT/ OCZ 120gb Vertex3/Intel... Intel 240gb 520 SSD - O/S & Applications Samsung Blu Ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK Supreme HF CU EN - Block Swiftec MP655 Pump x 2 2 x 240 HardwareLabs /1 x XSPC EX360  Windows 8 PRO 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S27A950D (27" 1920x1080 2ms) Razer Black Widow 2013 Corsair AX1200 Cooler Master Cosmos 2 
MouseAudio
Razer Naga Epic 2012 Audiotechnica a900x Headphones/ Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930K @ 4.8ghz (1.42v) Asus Rampage IV Extreme LEADTEK 680GTX SLI GSKILL Trident x 2 16GB 2400mhz (10-12-12-31-2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB WD Caviar Black - Storage Corsair 120gb Force GT/ OCZ 120gb Vertex3/Intel... Intel 240gb 520 SSD - O/S & Applications Samsung Blu Ray 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK Supreme HF CU EN - Block Swiftec MP655 Pump x 2 2 x 240 HardwareLabs /1 x XSPC EX360  Windows 8 PRO 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S27A950D (27" 1920x1080 2ms) Razer Black Widow 2013 Corsair AX1200 Cooler Master Cosmos 2 
MouseAudio
Razer Naga Epic 2012 Audiotechnica a900x Headphones/ Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3722 of 5036
Quote:
I have been able to reduce the voltage from 1.51 on the CPU to 1.488v (CPUZ) which ran prime95 stable for 2 hours.

I brought everything back to stock, the stock temps of it running prime95 were 37ish on the CPU (1.32volts), bring it up to 4ghz (1.488v) and its running at 58ish and that's with 17degree Celsius ambient, i increased the nb-cpu volts to 1.35 aswell for stability at 1.488v CPU.

Stay away from this batch of Thubans (1034DPMW), i cant believe i have such bad luck , this thing runs so hot, I'm pretty much clueless as to what else i could do to make it run less hot, i initially had a corsair h50 and it couldn't cool it, i went out and got the all mighty NH D14 and it can't cool it either, hell i think the only way I'd be able to get 4ghz stable would be Phase Change but i don't have that kinda money, if anything i would really want to replace this damn 1055t for a 1090t.

Any of you guys think telling the store owner the temp sensor is bad i wanna get a replacement would work lol?

Also, would any of you guys know good batch numbers for 1055t's which would run cool and overclock great?

Hope you all had a great christmas .
Well you have the latest revision of the processor 'PH-E0' which is supposed to be the best, could be that you just got a bad cpu? I mean my cpu runs 32c idle at 4ghz and 50c load and I'm running the same PH-E0 revision cpu...

I wouldnt know any good batch numbers because I guess they roll out the factory everyday and to be frank It'd be pretty hard to locate a specific batch of cpus?

Merry xmas
post #3723 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix View Post
Hook me up babeh!!

Validation: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1557850

FSB/Multiplier:286/14
CPU Speed:4004
NB Speed:2574
HT Speed:2288
CPU Voltage:1.47
CPU-NB Voltage:1.32
RAM Speed:1576
Motherboard:Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5
Model: 125w
New Stable overclock 4.2GHz

Validation: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1560087

FSB/Multiplier:300/14
CPU Speed:4200
NB Speed:3000
HT Speed:2400
CPU Voltage:1.47
CPU-NB Voltage:1.35
RAM Speed:1599
Motherboard:Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5
Model: 125w

I have a problem where it says my CPU tempature in EasyTune6 is going very high past 66C on CoolIT Vantage Push/Pull radiator, When I'm running Prime95, and that's just for 1 minute. I double checked and totaly bolted down the waterblock and still the same.

Any suggestions?
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3724 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix View Post
New Stable overclock 4.2GHz

Validation: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1560087

FSB/Multiplier:300/14
CPU Speed:4200
NB Speed:3000
HT Speed:2400
CPU Voltage:1.47
CPU-NB Voltage:1.35
RAM Speed:1599
Motherboard:Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5
Model: 125w

I have a problem where it says my CPU tempature in EasyTune6 is going very high past 66C on CoolIT Vantage Push/Pull radiator, When I'm running Prime95, and that's just for 1 minute. I double checked and totaly bolted down the waterblock and still the same.

Any suggestions?
I just reseated the water block once again and used a thicker screwdriver to screw it on, (re added termal paste also) and when i mean bolted, i mean bolted! and now it won't go past 60C under full load in Prime95. I had to bring down the clock back down to 4GHz "Stable" and It's fine now but i would appreciate any other suggestions
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3725 of 5036
Hi atomfix , i cannot be sure but i think its great temps for 120 radiator it has to small cooling surface for your cpu , 1055 runs very hot 15 C hotter than my last one cpu
q6600 with same cooling , you can check if you can mod/upgrade your cooling with one more 240 or 120 radiator all you need is radiator , 1-2 fans and some pvc tubing , its 60 - 80$ upgrade and it will last for future cpu-s , i done that with tt lcs and with two 240 radiators my max temp was 43 C prime95 , after 4 hours of playing metro was 39 C @ 1.55vcore , i read my temps through asus ai , hope that helps

sorry for bad english , cheers
Kanta
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8320 Crosshair V Formula MSI 970 MSI 970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair 16GB 2XSamsungF1 640GB RAID0 2xWD Green 2TB 2xWD Green 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung External BDRW Custom WC 2X360 Rad Win 8.1 64 DELL 24 WFP-HC 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SAM 55F6510 CM Storm Quickfire Black Tt Toughpower 850w Carbide 540 air 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition, Logitech G500  Razor Goliatus, Steelseries XXL  Sennhaiser HD650 KEF Ref 205 
AudioAudio
Emu 1212m NuForce qDAC 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Kanta
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8320 Crosshair V Formula MSI 970 MSI 970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair 16GB 2XSamsungF1 640GB RAID0 2xWD Green 2TB 2xWD Green 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung External BDRW Custom WC 2X360 Rad Win 8.1 64 DELL 24 WFP-HC 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SAM 55F6510 CM Storm Quickfire Black Tt Toughpower 850w Carbide 540 air 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition, Logitech G500  Razor Goliatus, Steelseries XXL  Sennhaiser HD650 KEF Ref 205 
AudioAudio
Emu 1212m NuForce qDAC 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3726 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix View Post
I just reseated the water block once again and used a thicker screwdriver to screw it on, (re added termal paste also) and when i mean bolted, i mean bolted! and now it won't go past 60C under full load in Prime95. I had to bring down the clock back down to 4GHz "Stable" and It's fine now but i would appreciate any other suggestions
what thermal paste are you using? you might need to get some better stuff. also, you might try a different method of applying it, too-you might have put to much on or something like that.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K, 4.5 GHz, 1.15v Asus Z77 V-Pro Powercolor R9 290 (unlocked to 290X)!! 2x4 GB G Skill TridentX 2400 MHz, 9-10-10-30, 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Arctic Freezer i30 Win 7x64 Home QNIX Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Das Keyboard Pro-S XFX Pro 750W (OEM=Seasonic) NZXT H630 Asus Xonar DSX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K, 4.5 GHz, 1.15v Asus Z77 V-Pro Powercolor R9 290 (unlocked to 290X)!! 2x4 GB G Skill TridentX 2400 MHz, 9-10-10-30, 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Arctic Freezer i30 Win 7x64 Home QNIX Q270 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Das Keyboard Pro-S XFX Pro 750W (OEM=Seasonic) NZXT H630 Asus Xonar DSX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3727 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolapuhiera View Post
Hi atomfix , i cannot be sure but i think its great temps for 120 radiator it has to small cooling surface for your cpu , 1055 runs very hot 15 C hotter than my last one cpu
q6600 with same cooling , you can check if you can mod/upgrade your cooling with one more 240 or 120 radiator all you need is radiator , 1-2 fans and some pvc tubing , its 60 - 80$ upgrade and it will last for future cpu-s , i done that with tt lcs and with two 240 radiators my max temp was 43 C prime95 , after 4 hours of playing metro was 39 C @ 1.55vcore , i read my temps through asus ai , hope that helps

sorry for bad english , cheers
Thanks. I think I might just do this as it sounds like a good idea, the stock radiator does pick up heat very quickly and gets hot to the touch. I would love to keep the vantage water block though as I like the LCD display feature, looks like I will have to gets some new tube and maybe a 320mm radiator. What do you think?
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3728 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by sch010 View Post
what thermal paste are you using? you might need to get some better stuff. also, you might try a different method of applying it, too-you might have put to much on or something like that.
I'm using Arctic Silver 5 and only using a pea sized amount in the middle of the CPU, then seat on the water block to spread it all over
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3729 of 5036
keep both your radiator and waterblock and put it on extreme mod , and i think the pump is more than enough for one more 240 radiator and you will have 360 cooling surface with both of them , just make the water circulation shortest as possible with additional tubing. If you feel heat that much on the radiator than waterblock is very good applyed to your cpu and transfering heat but radiator is too small.

cheers
Edited by nikolapuhiera - 12/29/10 at 5:54am
Kanta
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8320 Crosshair V Formula MSI 970 MSI 970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair 16GB 2XSamsungF1 640GB RAID0 2xWD Green 2TB 2xWD Green 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung External BDRW Custom WC 2X360 Rad Win 8.1 64 DELL 24 WFP-HC 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SAM 55F6510 CM Storm Quickfire Black Tt Toughpower 850w Carbide 540 air 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition, Logitech G500  Razor Goliatus, Steelseries XXL  Sennhaiser HD650 KEF Ref 205 
AudioAudio
Emu 1212m NuForce qDAC 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Kanta
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8320 Crosshair V Formula MSI 970 MSI 970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair 16GB 2XSamsungF1 640GB RAID0 2xWD Green 2TB 2xWD Green 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung External BDRW Custom WC 2X360 Rad Win 8.1 64 DELL 24 WFP-HC 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
SAM 55F6510 CM Storm Quickfire Black Tt Toughpower 850w Carbide 540 air 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition, Logitech G500  Razor Goliatus, Steelseries XXL  Sennhaiser HD650 KEF Ref 205 
AudioAudio
Emu 1212m NuForce qDAC 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3730 of 5036
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolapuhiera View Post
keep both your radiator and waterblock and put it on extreme mod , and i think the pump is more than enough for one more 240 radiator and you will have 360 cooling surface with both of them , just make the water circulation shortest as possible with additional tubing. If you feel heat that much on the radiator than waterblock is very good applyed to your cpu and transfering heat but radiator is too small.

cheers
So you suggest getting another 120mm radiator or bigger? And tube it from the stock radiator into the aftermarket radiator than back in the vantage water block?

And yeah the radiator gets hot to the touch with the water tempature displaying as 41C while running prime95.

If possible, can you link some of the items I should buy from ebuyer.com or scan.co.uk then I will look into buying it when possible.

Many thanks
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › The 1055T Owners Club