Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 890FX/890GX/890G club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI 890FX/890GX/890G club - Page 5

post #41 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedirobus View Post
Important NOTE

I have this board as well and I dont know if they got all the bugs out yet but, anyone with a Dual GPU video card, cant seem to make it to their desktops. They have to disable the onboard USB or some such is what I've seen as a workaround which is very strange. I'm not the only one having this Issue and its frustrating, I have another thread here asking for help and I put one up on toms hardware and someone posted that work around but BE WARY if you have a dual GPU card.

I am having the same error. Does this card work with dual GPU for some people?

Also, having disabled USB the card now boots in higher images. Working on getting the drivers re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reinstalled.
Edited by Majal - 5/17/10 at 2:21pm
post #42 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk-fx View Post
Great, When i install 4870x2 it doesnt load Radeon drivers. It works in 600x480 really low quality, color settings. tried to reinstall driver, clean windows install but not working. However as soon as i put nvidia cards, works perfect. Anyone had this problem before?
I got my msi 890fx board with the 1090t and kingston hyperx 1333 I did have the same problem with my crossfired 4870 x2's then my windows 7 hdd would not boot so I figured ok reformat but with windows 7 install disk it hangs and with windows xp install disk it blue screens and says something about disableing bios memory cache settings anyone have any ideas??

system
msi 890 fx
1090T
kingston hyperx 1333/2x2gig
msi 4870x2 oc x2/crossfired
raptor 150
silverstone stryder 1000watt
coolermaster watercooling
5 scythe case fans 133.60CFM each
wd green 1tb/x3
Game Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Msi 890fxa-gd70 4870x2OC /X2 (Quad Fire) Patriot Viper II 1600/total 8Gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Raptor 150 (10000 Rpm) Samsung water cooling Window 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 22 generic Silverstone Strider 1000 Coolermaster Cosmos 
Mouse
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Game Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Msi 890fxa-gd70 4870x2OC /X2 (Quad Fire) Patriot Viper II 1600/total 8Gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Raptor 150 (10000 Rpm) Samsung water cooling Window 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 22 generic Silverstone Strider 1000 Coolermaster Cosmos 
Mouse
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 506
Predator
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k MSI X99  Gigabyte 1080 Ti Turbo HyperX Fury 24GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vector 150 Series 240GB Pioneer Blu-ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung KU7000 GAMDIAS Ares Gaming Keyboard In Win Commander 1200W NZXT: White Phantom Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ourea Gaming Optical Mouse Ajazz First Blood Professional Gaming Mouse Pad Hyper CloudX 
  hide details  
Reply
Predator
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k MSI X99  Gigabyte 1080 Ti Turbo HyperX Fury 24GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vector 150 Series 240GB Pioneer Blu-ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung KU7000 GAMDIAS Ares Gaming Keyboard In Win Commander 1200W NZXT: White Phantom Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ourea Gaming Optical Mouse Ajazz First Blood Professional Gaming Mouse Pad Hyper CloudX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxRacerxx View Post
I got my msi 890fx board with the 1090t and kingston hyperx 1333 I did have the same problem with my crossfired 4870 x2's then my windows 7 hdd would not boot so I figured ok reformat but with windows 7 install disk it hangs and with windows xp install disk it blue screens and says something about disableing bios memory cache settings anyone have any ideas??

system
msi 890 fx
1090T
kingston hyperx 1333/2x2gig
msi 4870x2 oc x2/crossfired
raptor 150
silverstone stryder 1000watt
coolermaster watercooling
5 scythe case fans 133.60CFM each
wd green 1tb/x3

Did you Test... set your ram on the Lowest Mhz & then try to boot again installing any of the OS's?
I had your similar issue when i bought new my Mobo & CPU(ofcourse its completly different set up but its still MSI & AMD).. I couldn't get to boot or install any OS... did that ram thing and I managed to continue all fine... Now I have no clue what so ever.. if it would be the same to fix your issue, it won't hurt to try.
Edited by sendblink23 - 5/17/10 at 9:03pm
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendblink23 View Post
Did you Test... set your ram on the Lowest Mhz & then try to boot again installing any of the OS's?
I had your similar issue when i bought new my Mobo & CPU(ofcourse its completly different set up but its still MSI & AMD).. I couldn't get to boot or install any OS... did that ram thing and I managed to continue all fine... Now I have no clue what so ever.. if it would be the same to fix your issue, it won't hurt to try.
set the ram to 800mhz once that did not help also did flash bios to current ver 1.40 I've tryed enableing and disableing everything on mb inclucing usb work around i'm just about rdy to take this back and get the crosshair
what I'm reading from everyone is that it's a problem with duel graphics cards
but I even tried a old nvidia 6800 I have sitting around and still it won't load windows 7 from either hdd or installation disk nor will it load xp from installation disk 7 hangs and xp crashes bsod so if someone figures something out in the next day or 2 clue me in otherwise I'm off to get crosshair
Game Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Msi 890fxa-gd70 4870x2OC /X2 (Quad Fire) Patriot Viper II 1600/total 8Gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Raptor 150 (10000 Rpm) Samsung water cooling Window 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 22 generic Silverstone Strider 1000 Coolermaster Cosmos 
Mouse
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Game Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Msi 890fxa-gd70 4870x2OC /X2 (Quad Fire) Patriot Viper II 1600/total 8Gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Raptor 150 (10000 Rpm) Samsung water cooling Window 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 22 generic Silverstone Strider 1000 Coolermaster Cosmos 
Mouse
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxRacerxx View Post
set the ram to 800mhz once that did not help also did flash bios to current ver 1.40 I've tryed enableing and disableing everything on mb inclucing usb work around i'm just about rdy to take this back and get the crosshair
what I'm reading from everyone is that it's a problem with duel graphics cards
but I even tried a old nvidia 6800 I have sitting around and still it won't load windows 7 from either hdd or installation disk nor will it load xp from installation disk 7 hangs and xp crashes bsod so if someone figures something out in the next day or 2 clue me in otherwise I'm off to get crosshair
Yeah on that case.. you should definitely return it
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 506
that's what I'm thinking but looks like I'm not the only one with this problem and I really like the board but if so many of them have this problem it kinda makes you wonder and I have been using msi boards for years an have never had a problem with any of them
Game Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Msi 890fxa-gd70 4870x2OC /X2 (Quad Fire) Patriot Viper II 1600/total 8Gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Raptor 150 (10000 Rpm) Samsung water cooling Window 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 22 generic Silverstone Strider 1000 Coolermaster Cosmos 
Mouse
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Game Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Msi 890fxa-gd70 4870x2OC /X2 (Quad Fire) Patriot Viper II 1600/total 8Gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Raptor 150 (10000 Rpm) Samsung water cooling Window 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 22 generic Silverstone Strider 1000 Coolermaster Cosmos 
Mouse
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 506
i just got this board and i was wondering which one of the settings in the bios is the turbo. so i can disable it and oc it. also which version of the bios is everyone using? currently mines at stock and was wondering which one is recommended.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 955BE @ 3.6ghz Asus M4A79 Deluxe HIS 4670 ice q 512gb 6gb Corsair ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
samsung f3 spinpoint 1tb Windows 7 Pro 64 bit asus vw246h 24" Cool master 750 watt 
Case
CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 955BE @ 3.6ghz Asus M4A79 Deluxe HIS 4670 ice q 512gb 6gb Corsair ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
samsung f3 spinpoint 1tb Windows 7 Pro 64 bit asus vw246h 24" Cool master 750 watt 
Case
CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxRacerxx View Post
that's what I'm thinking but looks like I'm not the only one with this problem and I really like the board but if so many of them have this problem it kinda makes you wonder and I have been using msi boards for years an have never had a problem with any of them
Well RMA it.. to get another one.. and hopefully.. on that new one you won't have the issue... and if it s defective again... well tell them to give you a different MSI board or money back
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by daha View Post
i just got this board and i was wondering which one of the settings in the bios is the turbo. so i can disable it and oc it. also which version of the bios is everyone using? currently mines at stock and was wondering which one is recommended.
using bios ver 1.40
Game Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Msi 890fxa-gd70 4870x2OC /X2 (Quad Fire) Patriot Viper II 1600/total 8Gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Raptor 150 (10000 Rpm) Samsung water cooling Window 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 22 generic Silverstone Strider 1000 Coolermaster Cosmos 
Mouse
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Game Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T Msi 890fxa-gd70 4870x2OC /X2 (Quad Fire) Patriot Viper II 1600/total 8Gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Raptor 150 (10000 Rpm) Samsung water cooling Window 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 22 generic Silverstone Strider 1000 Coolermaster Cosmos 
Mouse
Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 890FX/890GX/890G club