Heh... cute kitty.
I have been debating upon updates, at this point I think that I will do only one more.
Here is what I have done this weekend:
- Fabricated the retaining blocks for the inserts that the motherboard thumbscrews will mate with (sanded, polished, inserts...uh... inserted )
- Finalized all mounting hardware (hinges came with no hardware). Fortunately I have a wide assortment of bits-n-bobs.
- Sanded and polished the door stops
- Sanded and polished the rear panel rail that the bottom of the PCI frame bolts to
- Door: drilled holes for hinges (correctly this time ), roundover on the inside edge of the hinge side to facilitate full 105-degree arc.
- Sanded and polished the doors
- Sanded and polished the remaining 2 feet
- I intend to go by Friedman Brothers (they will be open) and find the pulls/handles. If nothing is appealing I will head over to Home Depot, if that fails I will drive down to Lowe's (all big-box behemoth stores)
- Install rail on rear panel
- Install remaining cove pieces on internal walls
- Install pulls (so long as I can find something suitable)
The remainder of the assembly will be done throughout the week.
That last remaining task (other than assembly) is to finish sanding and polishing all the expansion bay rails (x16), and fabricate the rods that I will use to mount the rails in their respective bays for shipping.
I should have an update by tomorrow evening or Monday evening.