Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Sapphire GTO² - Confirm Unlockable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sapphire GTO² - Confirm Unlockable

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hi all,

Just got my Sapphire GTO² today, I cant test it yet as my mobo has not arrived (bloody dabs messing me about) well anyway, I've heard that you can tell if it is unlockable or not just by looking at it. Well here is a description of mine, if someone could just confirm its unlockable I'd be v. greatful.

PCB Colour: Red
Input: Dual DVI
ViVo: Yes
Power Connector: 6 Pin
Ram Sinks: Yes

Does this confirm that it is indeed 100% unlockable or have things changed now? Also, is there anyway to tell which core this card is without removing the HSF? I'd really rather not.
post #2 of 10
If it's red, it's basically a 99.99% chance, if it's blue it's basically a 0.01% chance becaues they usually already have 16 pipes, that's what I've heard atleast.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 10
9 chances out of 10 you already have 16pipes right out of the box, the other 1 in 10 chance, you will have to manually flash it, regardless you have the R480 core if its a red PCB....
Ryzen 7 1700
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 1080 FE Geil 16GB RGB DDR43000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe/NVME SSD Xigmatek Scylla 240 AIO Win10 Pro X64 Qnix QX2710LED @ 110hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Masterset MS121  EVGA G2 850 w/EVGA Black Cableset Lian Li Test Bench Cooler Master Masterset MS121  
Audio
Sanyo Soundbar FWSB405F 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 7 1700
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 1080 FE Geil 16GB RGB DDR43000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe/NVME SSD Xigmatek Scylla 240 AIO Win10 Pro X64 Qnix QX2710LED @ 110hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Masterset MS121  EVGA G2 850 w/EVGA Black Cableset Lian Li Test Bench Cooler Master Masterset MS121  
Audio
Sanyo Soundbar FWSB405F 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 10
Yeah, if you get the blue pcb it's the r430 core which doesn't OC as good as the red pcb which has the r480 core like bluedevil said. (the r480 is used in the x850 aswell)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon x2 4800+ Asus M2N-E 4850 512mb (680/1050) 2gbx1gb Mushkin, 2x1gb Patriot 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 7200.12 1TB x2 TS-H352 Windows 7 Home x64 Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish 550w NZXT Gamma Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
oh yeah btw, does anyone know how to find out the RAM type without removing the RAM Sinks?? Cheers for the help so far guys.
post #6 of 10
read my son read........search is your friend...... 1.6 nanosecond if you must know

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ATT=14-102-646
Ryzen 7 1700
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 1080 FE Geil 16GB RGB DDR43000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe/NVME SSD Xigmatek Scylla 240 AIO Win10 Pro X64 Qnix QX2710LED @ 110hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Masterset MS121  EVGA G2 850 w/EVGA Black Cableset Lian Li Test Bench Cooler Master Masterset MS121  
Audio
Sanyo Soundbar FWSB405F 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 7 1700
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 1080 FE Geil 16GB RGB DDR43000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe/NVME SSD Xigmatek Scylla 240 AIO Win10 Pro X64 Qnix QX2710LED @ 110hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Masterset MS121  EVGA G2 850 w/EVGA Black Cableset Lian Li Test Bench Cooler Master Masterset MS121  
Audio
Sanyo Soundbar FWSB405F 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thankyou, sorry I do usually search, just a bit lazy today
post #8 of 10
Your welcome......

Nice mobo btw...
Ryzen 7 1700
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 1080 FE Geil 16GB RGB DDR43000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe/NVME SSD Xigmatek Scylla 240 AIO Win10 Pro X64 Qnix QX2710LED @ 110hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Masterset MS121  EVGA G2 850 w/EVGA Black Cableset Lian Li Test Bench Cooler Master Masterset MS121  
Audio
Sanyo Soundbar FWSB405F 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 7 1700
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 1080 FE Geil 16GB RGB DDR43000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe/NVME SSD Xigmatek Scylla 240 AIO Win10 Pro X64 Qnix QX2710LED @ 110hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Masterset MS121  EVGA G2 850 w/EVGA Black Cableset Lian Li Test Bench Cooler Master Masterset MS121  
Audio
Sanyo Soundbar FWSB405F 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeijin
Thankyou, sorry I do usually search, just a bit lazy today
From the information in your description, I would say from experience that your card does have the right characteristics to pronounce it unlockable. Your card will have Samsung 1.6ns, XTPE RAM.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sold Sold Sold Sold 
Hard DriveKeyboardPowerCase
Sold Saitek Eclipse Enermax noisetaker 600W Thermaltake tsunami dream 
Mouse
Sold 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sold Sold Sold Sold 
Hard DriveKeyboardPowerCase
Sold Saitek Eclipse Enermax noisetaker 600W Thermaltake tsunami dream 
Mouse
Sold 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 10
like I just said
Ryzen 7 1700
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 1080 FE Geil 16GB RGB DDR43000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe/NVME SSD Xigmatek Scylla 240 AIO Win10 Pro X64 Qnix QX2710LED @ 110hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Masterset MS121  EVGA G2 850 w/EVGA Black Cableset Lian Li Test Bench Cooler Master Masterset MS121  
Audio
Sanyo Soundbar FWSB405F 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 7 1700
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 1080 FE Geil 16GB RGB DDR43000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe/NVME SSD Xigmatek Scylla 240 AIO Win10 Pro X64 Qnix QX2710LED @ 110hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Masterset MS121  EVGA G2 850 w/EVGA Black Cableset Lian Li Test Bench Cooler Master Masterset MS121  
Audio
Sanyo Soundbar FWSB405F 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Sapphire GTO² - Confirm Unlockable