Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › this look ok for x850xt?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

this look ok for x850xt? - Page 2

post #11 of 21
I just realized that the new ati tray tool has a benching utility added in and i wanted to know what everyone else has scored? I got 7262.97 with a x800xt at 520/560

Edit: sorry meant to make this a thread, when a mods see this could they please delete i couldnt figure out how to do it
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
2800+ nforce2 ultra windows xp sp2 hp pavilion mx70 
PowerMouse
450watt logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
2800+ nforce2 ultra windows xp sp2 hp pavilion mx70 
PowerMouse
450watt logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmarko99
just got this new card. just want to make sure everything looks as it should do!
as we have near the same specs thats a good score
so far ive got 6824 @ 568-610

anyways congrats on the card its a good one !!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I 920 @ 3.2Ghz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Gigabyte GTX460 oc 1GB 6GB Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 500gb Maxtor Sony Windows 7 64 22 TFT 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Logitech Corsair HX620W Razor Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I 920 @ 3.2Ghz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Gigabyte GTX460 oc 1GB 6GB Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 500gb Maxtor Sony Windows 7 64 22 TFT 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Logitech Corsair HX620W Razor Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmarko99
just got this new card. just want to make sure everything looks as it should do!


as we have near the same specs thats a good score
so far ive got 6824 @ 568-610

anyways congrats on the card its a good one !!
thanks im really pleased with it. i might try pushing it a bit more...
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz 2 x 320GB Western Digital WD3200BEVT 5400 RPM SATA 
Optical DriveOSMonitor
CD / DVD writer (DVD+/-RW) Windows Vista® Ultimate Edition 17" High Resolution 1920x1200 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz 2 x 320GB Western Digital WD3200BEVT 5400 RPM SATA 
Optical DriveOSMonitor
CD / DVD writer (DVD+/-RW) Windows Vista® Ultimate Edition 17" High Resolution 1920x1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 21
Try and stay under 70C full load, but you won't get much higher anyways.

The cores don't usually go higher then 600mhz, and the 1.6ns memory is rated for 600mhz, and won't go much higher then 620mhz.
ZE-PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E3110 @ 4ghz 1.3V Asus P5K 8800GT 512mb 2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 800 
OSPowerMouse
WinXP Pro SP2 Vista skin OCZ 600W MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
ZE-PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E3110 @ 4ghz 1.3V Asus P5K 8800GT 512mb 2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 800 
OSPowerMouse
WinXP Pro SP2 Vista skin OCZ 600W MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowBlazed
Try and stay under 70C full load, but you won't get much higher anyways.

The cores don't usually go higher then 600mhz, and the 1.6ns memory is rated for 600mhz, and won't go much higher then 620mhz.
You never know, I was running 633 memory with stock cooler. Also, if you search around, there are some great memory latentcy setting charts for this card, but don't mess with it if you're not comfortable with it.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 21
yes hmmm, it does seem wierd that im only able to get 550 out of my core, (600 from the memory with ease ) and you 600, thats quite a difference.. im using a zalman fa1tality thing and my system cooling is fine also. GPU temps are 33 idle and 57 with cube with ati tool. So you see thats pretty low, but still only 550 on the core. Any thoughts, im a noob, so i dont want to try flashing the bios or vmod things.

also i'd like to know what brand u guys have got to get these figures especailly sccr64472, wow that on stock cooling!
mine is connect3d
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
p4 3.46EE AL8 3rd eye2 8800gt corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
200gb sata2 dvd rom xp sp2 V7 20inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g15 580W hiper type R sonata2 deathadder 
Mouse Pad
everglide titan 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
p4 3.46EE AL8 3rd eye2 8800gt corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
200gb sata2 dvd rom xp sp2 V7 20inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g15 580W hiper type R sonata2 deathadder 
Mouse Pad
everglide titan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav1e
yes hmmm, it does seem wierd that im only able to get 550 out of my core, (600 from the memory with ease ) and you 600, thats quite a difference.. im using a zalman fa1tality thing and my system cooling is fine also. GPU temps are 33 idle and 57 with cube with ati tool. So you see thats pretty low, but still only 550 on the core. Any thoughts, im a noob, so i dont want to try flashing the bios or vmod things.

also i'd like to know what brand u guys have got to get these figures especailly sccr64472, wow that on stock cooling!
mine is connect3d
Mine was a refurbished Sapphire I bought off of Newegg.com. I use NGO drivers and screenshots are available in the benchmarks section under 3DMark05 if you want validation. My temps never got above 52, but I used to run the fan at 100% for all temps above 43 or so. I bought the Zalman simply for the noise, I was totally happy with those clocks. It was just too damn loud
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 21
Thx, can someone give me some advise about why my core goes soo much lower that other peoples (550-600, thats about 50 pounds difference..). My gpu temp is on 57 using ati tool when OCed, is this the reason you get artifacts? If someone could clear up, what artifacts are and what brings them to come up, that would be very helpful.

I've done a little more OCing, the memory goes to 620 without artifacts using ati tool, so I put it down to 615. Will using atitool be enough of a strain to show if i've set the clocks not too high? basically, what I mean is, yes, ati tool says its not artifacting but say if i played bf2 or q4 24/7 would it be arifacting then?

Also does it matter that the memory has gone up more than the core, can the difference cause problems?

Thanks in advance.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
p4 3.46EE AL8 3rd eye2 8800gt corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
200gb sata2 dvd rom xp sp2 V7 20inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g15 580W hiper type R sonata2 deathadder 
Mouse Pad
everglide titan 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
p4 3.46EE AL8 3rd eye2 8800gt corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
200gb sata2 dvd rom xp sp2 V7 20inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech g15 580W hiper type R sonata2 deathadder 
Mouse Pad
everglide titan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 21
i had the same problem with the CCC oc tool
just wouldn't go past 550 core without locking up

so i used ati tool
but as you tired that already I'm stumped sorry
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I 920 @ 3.2Ghz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Gigabyte GTX460 oc 1GB 6GB Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 500gb Maxtor Sony Windows 7 64 22 TFT 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Logitech Corsair HX620W Razor Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I 920 @ 3.2Ghz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Gigabyte GTX460 oc 1GB 6GB Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 500gb Maxtor Sony Windows 7 64 22 TFT 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Logitech Corsair HX620W Razor Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav1e
Thx, can someone give me some advise about why my core goes soo much lower that other peoples (550-600, thats about 50 pounds difference..). My gpu temp is on 57 using ati tool when OCed, is this the reason you get artifacts? If someone could clear up, what artifacts are and what brings them to come up, that would be very helpful.

I've done a little more OCing, the memory goes to 620 without artifacts using ati tool, so I put it down to 615. Will using atitool be enough of a strain to show if i've set the clocks not too high? basically, what I mean is, yes, ati tool says its not artifacting but say if i played bf2 or q4 24/7 would it be arifacting then?

Also does it matter that the memory has gone up more than the core, can the difference cause problems?

Thanks in advance.
No, overclocking your memory more than your gpu will not cause any problems. As far as your poor gpu headroom, I highly suggest placing a $5 fan blowing directly on your card. I think if you bring your temps down some, you'll find more headroom.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › this look ok for x850xt?