This guide will run through the steps required to install the Unicore Folding client.
There are only 2 reasons you should run this client:
• You are using a single core CPU
• You can only fold on your CPU for a few hours a day, and cannot complete an SMP WU in time.
Otherwise, use the SMP client.
If you are using a single core CPU, use the following instructions. If you wish to install the client on more than one CPU core, follow these steps, then move to post 2.
Single Unicore Client:
1) Windows Unicore Client. The 1st client in the list, under "System tray client installer with viewer".
2) HFM.NET. Under "Featured Downloads".
1) Run the installer.
2) Go to the install location of the client (C> Program Files (x86)> Folding@home) and open the Folding@home-x86 folder. You'll need to make a shortcut of the Folding@home.exe file. You can put it wherever you like, but I put it straight into the Startup Folder in the Start Menu:
3) Now, rightclick the shortcut and click "Properties". At the end of the "Target" field, you'll need to add a space and -local, like so:
4) Start the client, and you can now enter your information:
- User name: [Your Folding Name]
- Team number: 37726
- Passkey: Leave blank, even if you have one
Pausing the client:
You can also pause the Unicore client, if necessary. To do this, rightclick the client, and choose pause work. The icon shoud change like this:
(You could also close the client and start it up again if you wish. The client will save the WU and continue when it starts.)
Edited by zodac - 11/6/10 at 5:51pm