Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Team Competition › Original Folding Teams › Team Folders Inc. (No members needed)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Team Folders Inc. (No members needed) - Page 127

post #1261 of 3773
No, card works fine. Its got to be the windows installation since it didnt do it before the last one.
New One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 2 x250 ASUS M3A78 Asus 4830 - Worst cooling ever. 2X2 ddr2 800 G.Skillz 
Hard DriveOSPower
Seagate 250 Sata WD 500 Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit OCZ Modxtream 500w mod. 
  hide details  
Reply
New One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 2 x250 ASUS M3A78 Asus 4830 - Worst cooling ever. 2X2 ddr2 800 G.Skillz 
Hard DriveOSPower
Seagate 250 Sata WD 500 Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit OCZ Modxtream 500w mod. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1262 of 3773
Hey, what's up guys. I dished out like 2700 pts this week lol, don't know how that happened but we got 11th place. That's pretty good.

Just ordered an E4300 yesterday and an el cheapo mobo. I'm moving to C2D guys, we have hopes. The thing is I got it for $135 yesterday. Now it's $125. And the new E4400 with 10x multiplier for $145...you could say $10 for .2Ghz of Core 2 performance. I'd do it if I had waited. But sometimes waiting isn't very ideal, we just gotta move on sometimes. This will be my entry upgrade into C2d. Whenever I got more $$. I'd move straight into the new socket. Right now, I'm still planning on using DDR and AGP graphic on that E4300. Hix...
Of A Down Redux
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4300 @ 3.0Ghz GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L VisionTek HD4850 Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD320 + WD400 HP DVD burner Windows XP PRO Samsung 226BW 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Generic Hp keyboard FSP 450W + TT 430W Antec 3000B MX518 
Mouse Pad
Staples' 
  hide details  
Reply
Of A Down Redux
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4300 @ 3.0Ghz GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L VisionTek HD4850 Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD320 + WD400 HP DVD burner Windows XP PRO Samsung 226BW 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Generic Hp keyboard FSP 450W + TT 430W Antec 3000B MX518 
Mouse Pad
Staples' 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1263 of 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajbot View Post
Hey, what's up guys. I dished out like 2700 pts this week lol, don't know how that happened but we got 11th place. That's pretty good.

Just ordered an E4300 yesterday and an el cheapo mobo. I'm moving to C2D guys, we have hopes. The thing is I got it for $135 yesterday. Now it's $125. And the new E4400 with 10x multiplier for $145...you could say $10 for .2Ghz of Core 2 performance. I'd do it if I had waited. But sometimes waiting isn't very ideal, we just gotta move on sometimes. This will be my entry upgrade into C2d. Whenever I got more $$. I'd move straight into the new socket. Right now, I'm still planning on using DDR and AGP graphic on that E4300. Hix...
Hi shajbot,

That's great news!!! The team will need that extra point total...

BTW - I sent you the photos. I hope you get them Ok and that they are are some help with your project!

My 1st Conroe (E6400) still has problems. It went down last week - Thursday and I can't get it to re-start. Now I find out the hard drive died! Back to the drawing boards. My second Conroe (E6300) was sent with a DOA motherboard. Still wating for the RMA from newegg!! Damn Biostar!

Well take care guys and Fold On! :-)
post #1264 of 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboitenoire View Post
Damn, that's a killer electric bill. I think ours is pretty high. We've got my comp, our file server (although it draws very little power, seeing as it's old), my mom's comp, and two lappies that are usually on. When my dad's home from work his lappy is on fairly regularly. Then there's our home theater and our plant growing stands...



But yeah, I've only got six weeks until finals after this week (which is Massachusetts school vacation week).
Hi LBN,

Well I did some figuring. If you figure that a computer running 24/7 equals about a 110watt light bulb, 7 of them equal 770watts, roughly. The electric company thinks in terms of kilowatts per hour (KWH) and charges me almost .10 per KWH. So the computers folding for me cost $70.00 per month... I had 4 computers going already, so that's why the extra $20.00 or so. It actually works out to about $25.00 or so more each month to fold the extra 3 since it breaks into the higher KWH bracket. I could cut my electric bill in half (almost) if I turned them off when not in use. But what would be the fun in that???

However, if my wife loses her job here in a couple of months due the the State of Michigan going broke and not paying their bills, I might have to consider it for the short term... I'll worry about that next month!

Take care and Fold On, :-)
post #1265 of 3773
Wow. 11th is really good considering that cappy is having some rig troubles. Once he gets back online, we should break top 10 again.
post #1266 of 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboitenoire View Post
Wow. 11th is really good considering that cappy is having some rig troubles. Once he gets back online, we should break top 10 again.
Hi guys,

I think the team is a solid top 10 one right now, if you can gett all of your rigs going at once! As for SMP folding and Fedora 6. I think I've got that figured out now. With the help of Lude and others I've got the 1st Conroe rig going again... The second one hopefully will get going this week...

Please Lord no more power bumps, electrical storms, bad cable internet access or dead/dying equipment. Just for 2 or 3 months...

You guys take care and Fold on! :-)
post #1267 of 3773
Wow Shaj, you have always got some of the best-looking avatars on the site, where do you find time to make them all? Also, do you use GIMP or Photoshop?
post #1268 of 3773
I use Photoshop and a couple tutorials on the web. Time? Nawh lol, I slapped this one in less than 5 min.

For tutorials, check out www.dutchdesignz.com.
Of A Down Redux
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4300 @ 3.0Ghz GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L VisionTek HD4850 Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD320 + WD400 HP DVD burner Windows XP PRO Samsung 226BW 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Generic Hp keyboard FSP 450W + TT 430W Antec 3000B MX518 
Mouse Pad
Staples' 
  hide details  
Reply
Of A Down Redux
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4300 @ 3.0Ghz GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L VisionTek HD4850 Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD320 + WD400 HP DVD burner Windows XP PRO Samsung 226BW 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Generic Hp keyboard FSP 450W + TT 430W Antec 3000B MX518 
Mouse Pad
Staples' 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1269 of 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by 455buick View Post
Hi guys,

I think the team is a solid top 10 one right now, if you can gett all of your rigs going at once! As for SMP folding and Fedora 6. I think I've got that figured out now. With the help of Lude and others I've got the 1st Conroe rig going again... The second one hopefully will get going this week...

Please Lord no more power bumps, electrical storms, bad cable internet access or dead/dying equipment. Just for 2 or 3 months...

You guys take care and Fold on! :-)
What? you have 2 conroes just for folding? i hate you so much... and a freakin x1950xtx...
New One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 2 x250 ASUS M3A78 Asus 4830 - Worst cooling ever. 2X2 ddr2 800 G.Skillz 
Hard DriveOSPower
Seagate 250 Sata WD 500 Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit OCZ Modxtream 500w mod. 
  hide details  
Reply
New One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 2 x250 ASUS M3A78 Asus 4830 - Worst cooling ever. 2X2 ddr2 800 G.Skillz 
Hard DriveOSPower
Seagate 250 Sata WD 500 Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit OCZ Modxtream 500w mod. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1270 of 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy View Post
What? you have 2 conroes just for folding? i hate you so much... and a freakin x1950xtx...
Hi cappy,

Yeah I know... 2 Conroes (1 - E6400 @ 2.4Ghz now and 1 - 6300, that will be at 2.1Ghz or so by Friday), 2 - X2's (1 - X2 4400 and 1 - X2 3800 both at stock speeds sort of) and the X1950XTX GPU... plus 8 regular rigs (my old ones) from my October run.... The only exception is that I retired the XP1600 of my brother's and did some moving around of computers. I now have an X2-4400 as well for my main rig. Just folding regular WU's in Windows XP, but it goes real good even when I'm gaming and stuff.

If I could just keep them all running at one time. I've had a lot of hardware type failures lately. Hard drives, ram, video cards, etc... Just expensive and a pain!

Well that's about it for now... Take care and Fold On!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Original Folding Teams
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Team Competition › Original Folding Teams › Team Folders Inc. (No members needed)