Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Biostar 800 series club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Biostar 800 series club - Page 91

post #901 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostintyme View Post
This board hates low RAM timings, I can't get 1.55V 1066MHZ 7-7-7-24 but I can get 1.51V 1600MHZ 8-8-8-24.
Fair enough, then it's not worth the hassle upgrading CL8 to CL7 sticks if it's not probable to work. Thanks
Carbide 300R
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Asus Crosshair IV Extreme XFX 7850 Black Edition  Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Corsair H60 2013 Edition XP Professional 64-Bit Corp HP 2310Ti 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Corsair Carbide 300R 
  hide details  
Reply
Carbide 300R
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Asus Crosshair IV Extreme XFX 7850 Black Edition  Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Corsair H60 2013 Edition XP Professional 64-Bit Corp HP 2310Ti 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Corsair Carbide 300R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #902 of 1154
I changed my background to black so the white windows would be easier on the eyes than having a bright background. Didnt know changing background to black ment i pritated windows, geeze thanx for the great feedback. And for the record ive gotten 777 ram runing on a ta890fxe no problem only at 1333 though. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148339
Edited by Shadow-reaper - 4/2/11 at 9:26am
Shadow-reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 1100t BE biostar ta890fxe gtx 460 crucial cas7 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD black 1tb sata2 windows 7 acer 1080p 23in 850w thermaltake blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
Shadow-reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 1100t BE biostar ta890fxe gtx 460 crucial cas7 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD black 1tb sata2 windows 7 acer 1080p 23in 850w thermaltake blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
post #903 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-reaper View Post
I changed my background to black so the white windows would be easier on the eyes than having a bright background. Didnt know changing background to black ment i pritated windows, geeze thanx for the great feedback. And for the record ive gotten 777 ram runing on a ta890fxe no problem only at 1333 though. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148339
Sorry, if you pirate Windows it gives you an unchangable black backround.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150P GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD5 Dual 5870s G. Skill 8GB 1600MHZ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Force3 120GB, 1.5TB, 250GB, 80GB DVD-RW+Fan controller {Windows 7 x64} {ASUS} 23" 1080P LED + Dual Samsung 19" 1280x1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Logitech keyboard Xigmatek NRP-MC1002 Silver Xigmatek Elysium w/ window, 15 fans Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Xigmatek 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150P GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD5 Dual 5870s G. Skill 8GB 1600MHZ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Force3 120GB, 1.5TB, 250GB, 80GB DVD-RW+Fan controller {Windows 7 x64} {ASUS} 23" 1080P LED + Dual Samsung 19" 1280x1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Logitech keyboard Xigmatek NRP-MC1002 Silver Xigmatek Elysium w/ window, 15 fans Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Xigmatek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #904 of 1154
Here's another post, do my temps look good for being idle or a little high with and h-50 cooler on there. Maybe i should reseat the cooler??? And no problem lostintyme I guess I understand the mixup but remember people can change background to black lol just thought it would make reading easier. I like your setup by the way. I have read through this entire post very helpfull stuff guys. quick question should i just change my multiplyer to 20x or should i chance fsb as well, trying to get a stable 4.0 24/7 on this, would it be safe to run 4.0 24/7????

Edited by Shadow-reaper - 4/2/11 at 9:47am
Shadow-reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 1100t BE biostar ta890fxe gtx 460 crucial cas7 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD black 1tb sata2 windows 7 acer 1080p 23in 850w thermaltake blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
Shadow-reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 1100t BE biostar ta890fxe gtx 460 crucial cas7 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD black 1tb sata2 windows 7 acer 1080p 23in 850w thermaltake blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
post #905 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-reaper View Post
Here's another post, do my temps look good for being idle or a little high with and h-50 cooler on there. Maybe i should reseat the cooler??? And no problem lostintyme I guess I understand the mixup but remember people can change background to black lol just thought it would make reading easier. I like your setup by the way. I have read through this entire post very helpfull stuff guys. quick question should i just change my multiplyer to 20x or should i chance fsb as well, trying to get a stable 4.0 24/7 on this, would it be safe to run 4.0 24/7????

I'd use the Multiplier to OC because it's easier. If your OC'ing the FSB you need to take more things into account (RAM settings, HTlink &NB speed etc).

4Ghz shouldn't be too hard using the multiplier, just try it at 20x. And if your stuck, this thread has some skilled members who're always willing to help
Carbide 300R
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Asus Crosshair IV Extreme XFX 7850 Black Edition  Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Corsair H60 2013 Edition XP Professional 64-Bit Corp HP 2310Ti 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Corsair Carbide 300R 
  hide details  
Reply
Carbide 300R
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Asus Crosshair IV Extreme XFX 7850 Black Edition  Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Corsair H60 2013 Edition XP Professional 64-Bit Corp HP 2310Ti 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Corsair Carbide 300R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #906 of 1154
So i played around a little with settings booted fine but when i run prime95 for just a few min core 5 fails after a few test and everything seems to be getting very hott. I think i will reseat my h-50 with some as5.
Shadow-reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 1100t BE biostar ta890fxe gtx 460 crucial cas7 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD black 1tb sata2 windows 7 acer 1080p 23in 850w thermaltake blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
Shadow-reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 1100t BE biostar ta890fxe gtx 460 crucial cas7 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD black 1tb sata2 windows 7 acer 1080p 23in 850w thermaltake blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
post #907 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-reaper View Post
So i played around a little with settings booted fine but when i run prime95 for just a few min core 5 fails after a few test and everything seems to be getting very hott. I think i will reseat my h-50 with some as5.
Believe that 62 or 63c is the max for these chips and the temp difference between Idle-load is alot so yes I'd reseat it

Don't know if you changed the Vcore yourself but, make sure C1E support and Powernow are disabled in BIOS so the Vcore doesn't jump around (seeing your Vcore is 1.47v).
Edited by Problame - 4/2/11 at 11:17am
Carbide 300R
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Asus Crosshair IV Extreme XFX 7850 Black Edition  Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Corsair H60 2013 Edition XP Professional 64-Bit Corp HP 2310Ti 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Corsair Carbide 300R 
  hide details  
Reply
Carbide 300R
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Asus Crosshair IV Extreme XFX 7850 Black Edition  Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Corsair H60 2013 Edition XP Professional 64-Bit Corp HP 2310Ti 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Corsair Carbide 300R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #908 of 1154
Yea i saw the temp hit 63 on hwmonitor then worker 5 stopped and it went down to 60c, thats when i stoped prime figuring it was running to hott allready. I have the push/pull method on my h-50 and i have 5 other fans in my case not including the power supply and gtx 460 fan. Well as soon as my son goes down for a nap i will reseat with as5, i just hate that it has a cure time. ive always spread a thin layer across the cpu, but i hear different methods any ideas?
Shadow-reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 1100t BE biostar ta890fxe gtx 460 crucial cas7 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD black 1tb sata2 windows 7 acer 1080p 23in 850w thermaltake blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
Shadow-reaper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 1100t BE biostar ta890fxe gtx 460 crucial cas7 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD black 1tb sata2 windows 7 acer 1080p 23in 850w thermaltake blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
post #909 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-reaper View Post
Yea i saw the temp hit 63 on hwmonitor then worker 5 stopped and it went down to 60c, thats when i stoped prime figuring it was running to hott allready. I have the push/pull method on my h-50 and i have 5 other fans in my case not including the power supply and gtx 460 fan. Well as soon as my son goes down for a nap i will reseat with as5, i just hate that it has a cure time. ive always spread a thin layer across the cpu, but i hear different methods any ideas?
When I seat the CPU I always put paste (AS2/3/5) on the CPU itself, then smudge it with a credit card to get a thin, even layer. Never had a load temp above ~40c with mine and my friend's X6.


Edit: here's my current 125W CPU (eventho is an unlocked X2, not best example) with AS3 paste and a simular cooler to the H50 (Coolit ECO ALC).http://www.dmgnetwork.nl/hwmon.PNG
Edited by Problame - 4/2/11 at 11:42am
Carbide 300R
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Asus Crosshair IV Extreme XFX 7850 Black Edition  Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Corsair H60 2013 Edition XP Professional 64-Bit Corp HP 2310Ti 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Corsair Carbide 300R 
  hide details  
Reply
Carbide 300R
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Asus Crosshair IV Extreme XFX 7850 Black Edition  Crucial Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Corsair H60 2013 Edition XP Professional 64-Bit Corp HP 2310Ti 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G Gold Corsair Carbide 300R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #910 of 1154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Problame View Post
When I seat the CPU I always put paste (AS2/3/5) on the CPU itself, then smudge it with a credit card to get a thin, even layer. Never had a load temp above ~40c with mine and my friend's X6.


Edit: here's my current 125W CPU (eventho is an unlocked X2, not best example) with AS3 paste and a simular cooler to the H50 (Coolit ECO ALC).http://www.dmgnetwork.nl/hwmon.PNG
You could be losing around 10C from those terrible thermal pastes. Use GELID Extreme GC-2, it goes for $10 a tube and it took away 18C from the stock intel heatsink by just using the new paste. That's it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150P GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD5 Dual 5870s G. Skill 8GB 1600MHZ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Force3 120GB, 1.5TB, 250GB, 80GB DVD-RW+Fan controller {Windows 7 x64} {ASUS} 23" 1080P LED + Dual Samsung 19" 1280x1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Logitech keyboard Xigmatek NRP-MC1002 Silver Xigmatek Elysium w/ window, 15 fans Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Xigmatek 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150P GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD5 Dual 5870s G. Skill 8GB 1600MHZ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Force3 120GB, 1.5TB, 250GB, 80GB DVD-RW+Fan controller {Windows 7 x64} {ASUS} 23" 1080P LED + Dual Samsung 19" 1280x1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Logitech keyboard Xigmatek NRP-MC1002 Silver Xigmatek Elysium w/ window, 15 fans Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Xigmatek 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] Biostar 800 series club