Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
Hmm that's not good then. >.<
I have a few questions as well whether I get pre-built or not I'm clueless in some areas.
1) If I get a SSD and install Windows on it and I get a separate HDD to install games etc. Will that work? Can I have a SSD with only Windows, and install and store everything else on a separate Data drive and have things function correctly? Do these things have to function in any specific way, or can I just buy drives and pop them in. Do you have to set up anything in RAID to get it to work?
2) Is a GTX480 worth it for the money, or can the same or near performance be had from a 5870?
3) If I want to upgrade to SLI or crossfire later, is it as easy as just popping another card in and connecting the cable? Is it a good idea to buy a very high end card now and just wait a while for it go down in price, (By then new games will get more demanding) then just buy another card for SLI or crossfire, or by then would both cards be obsolete and I would have to get a whole new series to run games on max?
4) Is there a big difference in RAM speed between say 1600MHz and 1800 or 2000? Is it really useful and do you notice differences in speed?
Thanks in advance!
1)yes you can do that. ou would have 2 drives in the computer, 1 would be the C:/ drive and the other would be the D:/ drive. (C drive would be the one with the OS instaled on)
2) im not 100% up to date on the new cards but i think the 5870 would be a better choice as it "may" (not sure) be faster, runs cooler, and uses less power.
3) you basicly got that right other then a couple mouse clicks in the graphics properties
4) from what i understand 1600mhz is optimum.
Please correct me if im wrong anywhere