Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › [ÜberUpgrade] + HAF932 Paintjob
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[ÜberUpgrade] + HAF932 Paintjob

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I just finished painting my HAD932 all black, and I felt like my blue gigabyte board, red graphic card and pale gray/blue memory just didn't fit right in there.. so I decided to "upgrade".. this is what I got.


(1090T)

The cable management.



Result (ignore the memory, getting http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-272-_-Product this week)



Haven't done any overclocking yet, but this is how it looks stock @ idle and @ load 1hr Prime.
post #2 of 13
Nice one, mate!
Optimus Prime
(16 items)
 
Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel E8200 ASUS 650i EVGA 8800 GTS 512MB 8GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Assorted HDDs None Stock Server 2008 R2 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell 19" corsair 400w Old OEM case 
  hide details  
Reply
Optimus Prime
(16 items)
 
Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel E8200 ASUS 650i EVGA 8800 GTS 512MB 8GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Assorted HDDs None Stock Server 2008 R2 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell 19" corsair 400w Old OEM case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 13
Looks awesome
post #4 of 13
3 quick things...

1- Cut those zip ties. Cmon it only takes a second.
2- Those wires from the I/O panel that you have shoved in the corner can be removed all together. Just lift up the rubber mat on the top, take out the 3 screws and then unplug what you are not using on the I/O panel.
3- Place your GPU in the first PCI-E slot not the last x16 slot.
Mighty Mini
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Z68 Gene Asus 970 Strix 8gigs Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX 120gig Seagate Cuda 1TB W10 Acer 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 HX1000W NZXT Vulcan G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
Mighty Mini
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Z68 Gene Asus 970 Strix 8gigs Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX 120gig Seagate Cuda 1TB W10 Acer 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 HX1000W NZXT Vulcan G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys! Really proud of it since it was my first work, although I got a little help. The color combo seems to be working out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost-boi View Post
3 quick things...

1- Cut those zip ties. Cmon it only takes a second.
2- Those wires from the I/O panel that you have shoved in the corner can be removed all together. Just lift up the rubber mat on the top, take out the 3 screws and then unplug what you are not using on the I/O panel.
3- Place your GPU in the first PCI-E slot not the last x16 slot.
- The zip ties were cut off, just didn't take a picture after I did.
- I'll get to the I/O panel as soon as I pick my mother board up for northbridge thermalpaste exchange.
- Why not have it in the last x16 slot? Gets direct blow from the bottom fan, no heat at all from the psu. Only "bummer" in I cant reach the motherboard buttons but I do not use them anyway so I do not really care..
post #6 of 13
There's something about seeing multiple boxes of identical components, even if they are just fans, that makes me shivery with excitement.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
There's something about seeing multiple boxes of identical components, even if they are just fans, that makes me shivery with excitement.
For me it's any computer related boxes.

Off topic, Fans are way too expensive
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CULLEN View Post
- Why not have it in the last x16 slot? Gets direct blow from the bottom fan, no heat at all from the psu. Only "bummer" in I cant reach the motherboard buttons but I do not use them anyway so I do not really care..
You know you get the best performance from the top slot right? Even says so in your manual if you were to read it.
Mighty Mini
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Z68 Gene Asus 970 Strix 8gigs Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX 120gig Seagate Cuda 1TB W10 Acer 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 HX1000W NZXT Vulcan G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
Mighty Mini
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Z68 Gene Asus 970 Strix 8gigs Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX 120gig Seagate Cuda 1TB W10 Acer 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 HX1000W NZXT Vulcan G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost-boi View Post
You know you get the best performance from the top slot right? Even says so in your manual if you were to read it.
Even if the top slot and bottom both use x16?

I find it very strange since I'm not aware of any graphics performance drop in any game nor benchmark.
post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
There's something about seeing multiple boxes of identical components, even if they are just fans, that makes me shivery with excitement.
Haha couldn't agree more, I bought that many and here's why.

4 of them were supposed to replace the door fan.
2 of them were supposed to replace the top fan.
2 of them were a. Replace H50 fan, b. Replace stock fans in my P183.

So far I've only used 1 in the only place I wasn't gonna install a fan..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mods
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › [ÜberUpgrade] + HAF932 Paintjob