Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › (RESOLVED) OCed and Speeds Went Down
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(RESOLVED) OCed and Speeds Went Down - Page 6

post #51 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
Yes there is an advantage to changing CPU skew, but probably not yet, more so at higher clocks.
LOL...oops! I changed it to 50 already. should I go back and re-set it to 0? Also I will update you in a few hours on the FFT's. It's been running for an hour so far but yesterday I was getting about 5 hours before it would crash so maybe if you would just have a look again tonight if/when you get time.
Edited by Michael Cox - 6/11/10 at 9:53am
Never Happy!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 oc 4.0 Stable @ 1.37V Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P Two Diamond HD 6870 XOC in CrossFire 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1Tb Liteon Windows 7 (64 bit) ASUS 24" HD & Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec 850 CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Happy!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 oc 4.0 Stable @ 1.37V Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P Two Diamond HD 6870 XOC in CrossFire 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1Tb Liteon Windows 7 (64 bit) ASUS 24" HD & Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec 850 CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cox View Post
LOL...oops! I changed it to 50 already. should I go back and re-set it to 0? Also I will update you in a few hours on the FFT's. It's been running for an hour so far but yesterday I was getting about 5 hours before it would crash so maybe if you would just have a look again tonight if/when you get time.
It won't hurt any hardware, but it might cause you to fail. Can't hurt to try it though, just another setting you won't have to test later.
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
It won't hurt any hardware, but it might cause you to fail. Can't hurt to try it though, just another setting you won't have to test later.
You called it bro. FAILED! Reset it to 0 and rerunning now.
Never Happy!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 oc 4.0 Stable @ 1.37V Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P Two Diamond HD 6870 XOC in CrossFire 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1Tb Liteon Windows 7 (64 bit) ASUS 24" HD & Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec 850 CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Happy!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 oc 4.0 Stable @ 1.37V Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P Two Diamond HD 6870 XOC in CrossFire 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1Tb Liteon Windows 7 (64 bit) ASUS 24" HD & Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec 850 CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cox View Post
You called it bro. FAILED! Reset it to 0 and rerunning now.
Could be any setting though. Do you have EasyTune6 installed?
If so maybe I can run your PC remote and tweak some settings if I get time.
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
Could be any setting though. Do you have EasyTune6 installed?
If so maybe I can run your PC remote and tweak some settings if I get time.
No, I uninstalled it after doing some research it seemed that it was a bad thing to have.

Also I crashed and burned again.

Is it normal to have this much trouble? Or am I just completely FUBAR?

Also it is my understanding that you can still work on your computer while running Prime95. So I have been but now I'm starting to wonder if I'm part of the cause for todays crashes.

One last note as far as I can tell it is now worker 4 that is crashing but when the whole system crashes I have no idea.

System runs fine no glitches but when we run the loads that's when it crashes if that tells you anything.
Never Happy!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 oc 4.0 Stable @ 1.37V Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P Two Diamond HD 6870 XOC in CrossFire 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1Tb Liteon Windows 7 (64 bit) ASUS 24" HD & Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec 850 CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Happy!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 oc 4.0 Stable @ 1.37V Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P Two Diamond HD 6870 XOC in CrossFire 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1Tb Liteon Windows 7 (64 bit) ASUS 24" HD & Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec 850 CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 77
Yes quads are a lot harder to tune. I usually do work while prime is running.
Maybe one bump in vcore will do the trick.
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 77
Do you have any stable baseline for this chip, like at 3.8 or something? My old 1.225vid C1 needed 1.328 in windows to be stable at 4ghz.


Try this,
Code:
******Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)******
 
Robust Graphics Booster.........................[ Auto     ]
CPU Clock Ratio.................................[ 9        ]
Fine CPU Clock Ratio............................[ + 0.0    ]
CPU Frequency 4.00GHz...........................[ 471 x 9.0]
 
******Clock Chip Control******
 
CPU Host Clock Control..........................[ Enabled  ]
CPU Host Frequency (Mhz)........................[ 471      ]
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz).....................[ 100      ]
C.I.A 2.........................................[ Disabled ]
 
******Advanced Clock Control******
 
CPU Clock Drive.................................[ 800mv   ]
PCI Express Clock Drive.........................[ 900mv   ]
CPU Clock Skew..................................[ 0ps     ]
MCH Clock Skew..................................[ 50ps or 0ps ] Try 50 first.
 
******DRAM Performance Control******
 
Performance Enhance.............................[ Standard ]
(G) MCH Frequency Latch.........................[ 333      ]
System Memory Multipler.........................[ 3.20B    ]
Memory Frequency 1066...........................[ 1507     ]
DRAM Timing Selectable..........................[ Manual   ]
 
CAS Latency Time................................[ 7       ]
tRCD............................................[ 8       ]
tRP.............................................[ 7       ]
tRAS............................................[ 24      ]
 
******Advanced Timing Control******
 
tRRD[4].........................................[ 4       ]
tWTR[4].........................................[ 4       ]
tWR[8]..........................................[ 8       ]
tRFC[60]........................................[ 88      ]
tRTP[4].........................................[ 4       ]
Command Rate (cmd)[0]...........................[ Auto    ]
 
******Channel A Timing Settings******     
 
Static tRead Value        [ 8 ] ................[ 9       ]
tRD Phase0 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase1 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase2 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase3 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
 
tRD 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 9 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tWR 2wr (Differnt Rank)   [ 7 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tWR 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 9 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD 2wr (Same/Difft Rank) [ 7 ] ................[ Auto    ]
 
Dimm 1 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto    ]
Dimm 2 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto    ]
DDR Write Leveling..............................[ Auto    ]
DDR Write Training..............................[ Auto    ]
 
******Channel A Driving Settings****** 
 
Drive Strength Profile..........................[ Auto    ]
Data Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto    ]
cmd Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto    ]
ctrl Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto    ]
clk Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto    ]
 
Data Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto    ]
cmd Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto    ]
ctrl Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto    ]
clk Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto    ]
 
******Channel B Timing Settings******     
 
Static tRead Value        [ 8 ] ................[ 9       ]
tRD Phase0 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase1 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase2 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase3 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
 
tRD 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 9 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tWR 2wr (Differnt Rank)   [ 7 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tWR 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 9 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD 2wr (Same/Difft Rank) [ 7 ] ................[ Auto    ]
 
Dimm 1 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto    ]
Dimm 2 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto    ]
DDR Write Leveling..............................[ Auto    ]
DDR Write Training..............................[ Auto    ]
 
******Channel B Driving Settings****** 
 
Drive Strength Profile..........................[ Auto    ]
Data Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto    ]
cmd Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto    ]
ctrl Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto    ]
clk Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto    ]
 
Data Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto    ]
cmd Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto    ]
ctrl Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto    ]
clk Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto    ]
 
******Motherboard Voltage Control******
 
Load-Line Calibration...........................[ Enabled ]
CPU Vcore         [ 1.15    ]...................[ 1.375   ]
CPU Termination   [ 1.20    ]...................[ 1.300   ]
CPU PLL           [ 1.50    ]...................[ 1.570   ]
CPU Reference     [ 0.760   ]...................[ 0.848   ]
 
MCH Core          [ 1.100   ]...................[ 1.440   ]
MCH Reference     [ 0.760   ]...................[ 0.863 or 0.823  ] Try 0.863 first.
MCH/DRAM Refernce [ 0.750   ]...................[ Auto    ]
ICH I/O           [ 1.500   ]...................[ 1.500   ]
ICH Core          [ 1.100   ]...................[ 1.100   ]
 
DRAM Voltage      [ 1.500   ]...................[ 1.660   ]
DRAM Termination  [ 0.750   ]...................[ Auto    ]
Ch-A Data Ref     [ 0.750   ]...................[ Auto    ]
Ch-B Data Ref     [ 0.750   ]...................[ Atuo    ]
Ch-A Addr Ref     [ 0.750   ]...................[ Auto    ]
Ch-B Addr Ref     [ 0.750   ]...................[ Auto    ]

******Advanced BIOS Features******
 
Limit CPUID Max to 3............................[ Disabled ]
No-Execute memory Protect.......................[ Disabled ]
CPU Enhance Halt (CIE)..........................[ Disabled ]
C2/C2E State Support............................[ Disabled ]
C4/C4E State Support............................[ Disabled ]
CPU Thermal Monitor.............................[ Disabled ]
CPU EIST Function...............................[ Disabled ]
Virtualization Technology.......................[ Disabled ]
My System
(13 items)
 
  
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOS
Asus 6850 4GB RiprawX 2133 C7 240GB Vertex 2 Win 7 64 
MonitorPower
Asus VE248H 850 Antec Sig. 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOS
Asus 6850 4GB RiprawX 2133 C7 240GB Vertex 2 Win 7 64 
MonitorPower
Asus VE248H 850 Antec Sig. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss331 View Post
Do you have any stable baseline for this chip, like at 3.8 or something? My old 1.225vid C1 needed 1.328 in windows to be stable at 4ghz.


Try this,
Code:
******Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)******
 
Robust Graphics Booster.........................[ Auto     ]
CPU Clock Ratio.................................[ 9        ]
Fine CPU Clock Ratio............................[ + 0.0    ]
CPU Frequency 4.00GHz...........................[ 471 x 9.0]
 
******Clock Chip Control******
 
CPU Host Clock Control..........................[ Enabled  ]
CPU Host Frequency (Mhz)........................[ 471      ]
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz).....................[ 100      ]
C.I.A 2.........................................[ Disabled ]
 
******Advanced Clock Control******
 
CPU Clock Drive.................................[ 800mv   ]
PCI Express Clock Drive.........................[ 900mv   ]
CPU Clock Skew..................................[ 0ps     ]
MCH Clock Skew..................................[ 50ps or 0ps ] Try 50 first.
 
******DRAM Performance Control******
 
Performance Enhance.............................[ Standard ]
(G) MCH Frequency Latch.........................[ 333      ]
System Memory Multipler.........................[ 3.20B    ]
Memory Frequency 1066...........................[ 1507     ]
DRAM Timing Selectable..........................[ Manual   ]
 
CAS Latency Time................................[ 7       ]
tRCD............................................[ 8       ]
tRP.............................................[ 7       ]
tRAS............................................[ 24      ]
 
******Advanced Timing Control******
 
tRRD[4].........................................[ 4       ]
tWTR[4].........................................[ 4       ]
tWR[8]..........................................[ 8       ]
tRFC[60]........................................[ 88      ]
tRTP[4].........................................[ 4       ]
Command Rate (cmd)[0]...........................[ Auto    ]
 
******Channel A Timing Settings******     
 
Static tRead Value        [ 8 ] ................[ 9       ]
tRD Phase0 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase1 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase2 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase3 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
 
tRD 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 9 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tWR 2wr (Differnt Rank)   [ 7 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tWR 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 9 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD 2wr (Same/Difft Rank) [ 7 ] ................[ Auto    ]
 
Dimm 1 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto    ]
Dimm 2 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto    ]
DDR Write Leveling..............................[ Auto    ]
DDR Write Training..............................[ Auto    ]
 
******Channel A Driving Settings****** 
 
Drive Strength Profile..........................[ Auto    ]
Data Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto    ]
cmd Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto    ]
ctrl Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto    ]
clk Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto    ]
 
Data Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto    ]
cmd Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto    ]
ctrl Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto    ]
clk Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto    ]
 
******Channel B Timing Settings******     
 
Static tRead Value        [ 8 ] ................[ 9       ]
tRD Phase0 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase1 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase2 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD Phase3 Adjustment     [ 0 ] ................[ Auto    ]
 
tRD 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 9 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tWR 2wr (Differnt Rank)   [ 7 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tWR 2rd (Differnt Rank)   [ 9 ] ................[ Auto    ]
tRD 2wr (Same/Difft Rank) [ 7 ] ................[ Auto    ]
 
Dimm 1 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto    ]
Dimm 2 Clock Skew Control.......................[ Auto    ]
DDR Write Leveling..............................[ Auto    ]
DDR Write Training..............................[ Auto    ]
 
******Channel B Driving Settings****** 
 
Drive Strength Profile..........................[ Auto    ]
Data Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto    ]
cmd Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto    ]
ctrl Driving Pull Up Level......................[ Auto    ]
clk Driving Pull Up Level.......................[ Auto    ]
 
Data Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto    ]
cmd Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto    ]
ctrl Driving Pull Down Level....................[ Auto    ]
clk Driving Pull Down Level.....................[ Auto    ]
 
******Motherboard Voltage Control******
 
Load-Line Calibration...........................[ Enabled ]
CPU Vcore         [ 1.15    ]...................[ 1.375   ]
CPU Termination   [ 1.20    ]...................[ 1.300   ]
CPU PLL           [ 1.50    ]...................[ 1.570   ]
CPU Reference     [ 0.760   ]...................[ 0.848   ]
 
MCH Core          [ 1.100   ]...................[ 1.440   ]
MCH Reference     [ 0.760   ]...................[ 0.863 or 0.823  ] Try 0.863 first.
MCH/DRAM Refernce [ 0.750   ]...................[ Auto    ]
ICH I/O           [ 1.500   ]...................[ 1.500   ]
ICH Core          [ 1.100   ]...................[ 1.100   ]
 
DRAM Voltage      [ 1.500   ]...................[ 1.660   ]
DRAM Termination  [ 0.750   ]...................[ Auto    ]
Ch-A Data Ref     [ 0.750   ]...................[ Auto    ]
Ch-B Data Ref     [ 0.750   ]...................[ Atuo    ]
Ch-A Addr Ref     [ 0.750   ]...................[ Auto    ]
Ch-B Addr Ref     [ 0.750   ]...................[ Auto    ]

******Advanced BIOS Features******
 
Limit CPUID Max to 3............................[ Disabled ]
No-Execute memory Protect.......................[ Disabled ]
CPU Enhance Halt (CIE)..........................[ Disabled ]
C2/C2E State Support............................[ Disabled ]
C4/C4E State Support............................[ Disabled ]
CPU Thermal Monitor.............................[ Disabled ]
CPU EIST Function...............................[ Disabled ]
Virtualization Technology.......................[ Disabled ]
Hoss if I'm following your question correctly, no. I did not do a baseline run of the CPU prior to trying the oc. This is my first attempt at any kind of oc.

Prior to your post NoGuru suggested a bump in Vcore so I did that and am running small FFT now.

I'll keep you posted of what happens. While I do that I'm going to study your post better and try and understand it all.
Never Happy!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 oc 4.0 Stable @ 1.37V Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P Two Diamond HD 6870 XOC in CrossFire 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1Tb Liteon Windows 7 (64 bit) ASUS 24" HD & Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec 850 CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Happy!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 oc 4.0 Stable @ 1.37V Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P Two Diamond HD 6870 XOC in CrossFire 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1Tb Liteon Windows 7 (64 bit) ASUS 24" HD & Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec 850 CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 77
Thread Starter 
UPDATE 12:30AM Sat morning:

I ran small FFT's for 8hrs with no issues. At the end of eight hrs I started to post that and when I was about to hit the submit button it crashed.

So I thought maybe I am just on the brink of things. This run is about 3hrs longer than we had gotten before. The only thing different was I bumped up the Vcore 1 notch.

So just about an hour ago I decided I would try and run Blend. The system didn't crash but 3 of the 4 workers Failed within the hour.

So I am thinking I need to bump up the Vcore one more time. So I am going to try that now and then run Blend again and see what that gets us.
Never Happy!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 oc 4.0 Stable @ 1.37V Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P Two Diamond HD 6870 XOC in CrossFire 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1Tb Liteon Windows 7 (64 bit) ASUS 24" HD & Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec 850 CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Happy!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 oc 4.0 Stable @ 1.37V Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P Two Diamond HD 6870 XOC in CrossFire 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1Tb Liteon Windows 7 (64 bit) ASUS 24" HD & Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec 850 CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cox View Post
UPDATE 12:30AM Sat morning:

I ran small FFT's for 8hrs with no issues. At the end of eight hrs I started to post that and when I was about to hit the submit button it crashed.

So I thought maybe I am just on the brink of things. This run is about 3hrs longer than we had gotten before. The only thing different was I bumped up the Vcore 1 notch.

So just about an hour ago I decided I would try and run Blend. The system didn't crash but 3 of the 4 workers Failed within the hour.

So I am thinking I need to bump up the Vcore one more time. So I am going to try that now and then run Blend again and see what that gets us.
Getting close, nice. If blend fails bump MCH.
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › (RESOLVED) OCed and Speeds Went Down