Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › I'm Selling A PC For AU$700 Is It Good?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm Selling A PC For AU$700 Is It Good?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
These are the parts in the PC I'm building for a friend for $700:

Thermaltake V3
Asus P5G41C-MLX G41 Motherboard
Intel Core2Duo E6500 2.93GHz (x2) Total 5.94GHz
Kingston 800MHz DDR2 2GB RAM (x2) Total 4GB
Samsung SATA 1TB 7200RPM HDD
SATA Aopen DVD/RW Drive
NVidia Gigabyte 9800GT 1024MB Graphics Card
CoolerMaster Extreme+ Power Supply 550W
Thermaltake Blue Orb II CPU Cooling
Ritmo PCI Wireless Card

For $700 I think that it's a good build PC.
Also tell me if I've made good choices because I'm 15 Years old so I obviously don't have money to waste.

The PC is costing ME about $590.

EDIT: I'm also giving him Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit because of the RAM
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 11
purpose of this build is ? gaming ? i'd rather build PC with such budget around AMD platform and get moer cash for GPU if ur gamer.
m0nst4r
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5660 @ 3,8ghz, 1,2Vcore Gigabyte GA-X58-UD4P gigabyte 460gtx oc2 3x2 GB Kingston 1600mhz @1,5V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Dysk Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 Kingston SSD 120GB Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
LG W2243S-PF 22" Corsair RM650x SilentiumPC Pax M70 Pure Black 
  hide details  
Reply
m0nst4r
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5660 @ 3,8ghz, 1,2Vcore Gigabyte GA-X58-UD4P gigabyte 460gtx oc2 3x2 GB Kingston 1600mhz @1,5V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Dysk Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 Kingston SSD 120GB Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
LG W2243S-PF 22" Corsair RM650x SilentiumPC Pax M70 Pure Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 11
Just a hint, a dual core doesn't mean twice the speed. It means twice as much in the same time. Think of it this way. You have a truck, travelling at 60mph, it gets a ceratin amount moved in a certain time. Now have two trucks (dual core) going at 60mph. Th load gets there no faster, but twice as much is done.
Lithium
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t, 4GHz @ 1.455V Gigabyte GA880GMA-UD2H Asus GTX480 Corsair XMS3 1600 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair XMS3 1600 Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB  Samsung SATA DVD Burner 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 26.5in Asus 26.5in Asus Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Otaku (Brown MX) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
850W Silverstone Strider Plus Lian Li PC-V351 (Modded for MOAR AIRFLOW!) Logitech G700 Razer Goliathus Extended Speed. 
  hide details  
Reply
Lithium
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t, 4GHz @ 1.455V Gigabyte GA880GMA-UD2H Asus GTX480 Corsair XMS3 1600 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair XMS3 1600 Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB  Samsung SATA DVD Burner 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 26.5in Asus 26.5in Asus Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Otaku (Brown MX) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
850W Silverstone Strider Plus Lian Li PC-V351 (Modded for MOAR AIRFLOW!) Logitech G700 Razer Goliathus Extended Speed. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Put it this way Brodle, Phenom II X6 2.5GHz is better than Celeron E3300 2.5GHz.
And Killer, the motherboard is cheaper and E6500 can overclock to like 3.5GHz, this is better than AMD for the same price.
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Put it this way Brodle, Phenom II X6 2.5GHz is better than Celeron E3300 2.5GHz.
And Killer, the motherboard is cheaper and E6500 can overclock to like 3.5GHz, this is better than AMD for the same price.
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 11
Yeah, its just a common misconception that you can add the core speeds up and have a direct comparison... Must be from working in computer retail, it's almost reflexive that I correct it.
Lithium
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t, 4GHz @ 1.455V Gigabyte GA880GMA-UD2H Asus GTX480 Corsair XMS3 1600 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair XMS3 1600 Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB  Samsung SATA DVD Burner 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 26.5in Asus 26.5in Asus Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Otaku (Brown MX) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
850W Silverstone Strider Plus Lian Li PC-V351 (Modded for MOAR AIRFLOW!) Logitech G700 Razer Goliathus Extended Speed. 
  hide details  
Reply
Lithium
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1055t, 4GHz @ 1.455V Gigabyte GA880GMA-UD2H Asus GTX480 Corsair XMS3 1600 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair XMS3 1600 Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB  Samsung SATA DVD Burner 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 26.5in Asus 26.5in Asus Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Otaku (Brown MX) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
850W Silverstone Strider Plus Lian Li PC-V351 (Modded for MOAR AIRFLOW!) Logitech G700 Razer Goliathus Extended Speed. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterMelnKidd View Post
These are the parts in the PC I'm building for a friend for $700:

Thermaltake V3
Asus P5G41C-MLX G41 Motherboard
Intel Core2Duo E6500 2.93GHz (x2) Total 5.94GHz
Kingston 800MHz DDR2 2GB RAM (x2) Total 4GB
Samsung SATA 1TB 7200RPM HDD
SATA Aopen DVD/RW Drive
NVidia Gigabyte 9800GT 1024MB Graphics Card
CoolerMaster Extreme+ Power Supply 550W
Thermaltake Blue Orb II CPU Cooling
Ritmo PCI Wireless Card

For $700 I think that it's a good build PC.
Also tell me if I've made good choices because I'm 15 Years old so I obviously don't have money to waste.

The PC is costing ME about $590.

EDIT: I'm also giving him Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit because of the RAM
firstly change the case, i don't know about the v3 specifically but TT is known for their shoddy quality (personal experience too). If you can go with an antec 300, it looks pretty much the same but is many many times better (it only lacks cable management but can easily be fixed with a dremel or grinder).

also change the CPU cooler to something a bit more modern, like the TX3 or the 212+

Also i'd switch out the PSU for a higher quality one such as the corsair CX-400 or the seasonic 430 (personally i'd take the seasonic).

One last thing, it may be cheaper going AMD, they tend to have better value for money in the low end and 775 is going nowhere upgradability wise unlike AM3 so if you want to go that path we can help you.

EDIT just linked you to an aussie site, i was a bit slow with noticing that you were a pom
Edited by jackeyjoe - 6/10/10 at 3:08am
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post
firstly change the case, i don't know about the v3 specifically but TT is known for their shoddy quality (personal experience too). If you can go with an antec 300, it looks pretty much the same but is many many times better (it only lacks cable management but can easily be fixed with a dremel or grinder).

also change the CPU cooler to something a bit more modern, like the TX3 or the 212+

Also i'd switch out the PSU for a higher quality one such as the corsair CX-400 or the seasonic 430 (personally i'd take the seasonic).

One last thing, it may be cheaper going AMD, they tend to have better value for money in the low end and 775 is going nowhere upgradability wise unlike AM3 so if you want to go that path we can help you.

EDIT just linked you to an aussie site, i was a bit slow with noticing that you were a pom


Actually I live in Australia, but I'm English, just moved here last month

And its not really an option, I'm a 15 year old building for 15 year olds. I'm buying from a local MSY shop so money and parts is quite strict.

The PC is for gaming, but the person who I'm giving it to doesn't know a thing about PCs so I highly doubt he will be playing anything past 1400x900 at medium graphics.
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterMelnKidd View Post
Actually I live in Australia, but I'm English, just moved here last month

And its not really an option, I'm a 15 year old building for 15 year olds. I'm buying from a local MSY shop so money and parts is quite strict.

The PC is for gaming, but the person who I'm giving it to doesn't know a thing about PCs so I highly doubt he will be playing anything past 1400x900 at medium graphics.
Another pom immigrant, i swear we are deporting people who come out of war zones just so you can get here....

Anyways, if you can try to get those parts into the build, it should make it cheaper and give you a longer lasting PC for your mate. Also, could you give us a link to the site your buying from? It'd help us choose the best parts for you
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post
Another pom immigrant, i swear we are deporting people who come out of war zones just so you can get here....

Anyways, if you can try to get those parts into the build, it should make it cheaper and give you a longer lasting PC for your mate. Also, could you give us a link to the site your buying from? It'd help us choose the best parts for you
Haha I believe POM is Prisoner of Her Majesty? And if I'm right, isn't Queen Elizabeth the Queen of Australia too?

And the website is www.MSY.com.au
The parts I chose are just for general, first PC ever gaming for a friend, he just wants some light mid-settings for CoD6 so I thought I'd go all out and get him a cheap powerhouse..
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System 3.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Asus Z68-V Inno3D GTX 570 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 Asus DVD/RW Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit BenQ G2411HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair VX550 CoolerMaster 690 Advanced II NVidia Razer Deathadder V2 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › I'm Selling A PC For AU$700 Is It Good?