Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [UPDATED] Modify your ATI bios using RBE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[UPDATED] Modify your ATI bios using RBE - Page 5

post #41 of 52
will this work for the Asus 5970?
Extreme 980TTX
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980 EXtreme @4.4Ghzs 1.4V Asus Rampage III Extreme Asus 5970 Corsair Domintor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel SSD 160GB X 2 Raid 0 Vista 64 Ult Hp 23 LCD SliverStoneT1500W 
Case
Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
Extreme 980TTX
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980 EXtreme @4.4Ghzs 1.4V Asus Rampage III Extreme Asus 5970 Corsair Domintor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel SSD 160GB X 2 Raid 0 Vista 64 Ult Hp 23 LCD SliverStoneT1500W 
Case
Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 52
I don't know from experience, but I believe so. You probably have to flash both cores separately, though.

And... if your card isn't reference, don't change the voltage.
Edited by t-ramp - 8/26/10 at 3:43pm
post #43 of 52
great guide.
will give it a try when my new cooler arrive.

thanks.
me
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4800 1.392v asus p8p67 deluxe S 290x Gskill 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung 830 watercooling Win8.1 64 Lg 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
corsair K70 corsair AX850 Silverstone TJ07 Logitech mx518  
Audio
G930 
  hide details  
Reply
me
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4800 1.392v asus p8p67 deluxe S 290x Gskill 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung 830 watercooling Win8.1 64 Lg 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
corsair K70 corsair AX850 Silverstone TJ07 Logitech mx518  
Audio
G930 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstchoicett View Post
will this work for the Asus 5970?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trampton View Post
I don't know from experience, but I believe so. You probably have to flash both cores separately, though.

And... if your card isn't reference, don't change the voltage.
It will work, just flash it like you would an Xfire setup (details in the bios flash section already).....and trampton is right, if the card is not ref, dont change the voltage (or you could end up with an expensive brick...)
SFF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k ASUS P8Z77-I ASUS GTX 570 Samsung (2 x 4gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 SSD Corsair F120 SSD Samsung 840 SSD Corsair F40 SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
None Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Home 23" LG W2340 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HHKB Professional 2 Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W CM 120 Elite Sidewinder X5 Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
RAZER Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
SFF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k ASUS P8Z77-I ASUS GTX 570 Samsung (2 x 4gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 SSD Corsair F120 SSD Samsung 840 SSD Corsair F40 SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
None Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Home 23" LG W2340 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HHKB Professional 2 Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W CM 120 Elite Sidewinder X5 Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
RAZER Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 52
I hate to necro this... but would it be possible to adjust voltage on a non-reference card with software voltage control? I had to settle for a DirectCU 5850 alongside my reference card over the summer, and neither AB nor the Asus utility will control voltage for both cards in tandem.
post #46 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post
I hate to necro this... but would it be possible to adjust voltage on a non-reference card with software voltage control? I had to settle for a DirectCU 5850 alongside my reference card over the summer, and neither AB nor the Asus utility will control voltage for both cards in tandem.
you dont want to adjust the voltage using RBE on a non-reference card (it could brick it).... AB or Asus utility will not let you via software either (due to lack of voltage control on a non-ref card). you could though, mod the voltage and clocks on your reference card and mod the clocks only on your non-ref card (using RBE or software).

You can have separate clocks on your cards. It is a common misconception that the higher clocked card will down clock to the lower one but in reality the cards work independently. Hope this helps you out.
SFF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k ASUS P8Z77-I ASUS GTX 570 Samsung (2 x 4gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 SSD Corsair F120 SSD Samsung 840 SSD Corsair F40 SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
None Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Home 23" LG W2340 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HHKB Professional 2 Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W CM 120 Elite Sidewinder X5 Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
RAZER Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
SFF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k ASUS P8Z77-I ASUS GTX 570 Samsung (2 x 4gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 SSD Corsair F120 SSD Samsung 840 SSD Corsair F40 SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
None Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Home 23" LG W2340 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HHKB Professional 2 Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W CM 120 Elite Sidewinder X5 Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
RAZER Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigrobbyrob View Post
you dont want to adjust the voltage using RBE on a non-reference card (it could brick it).... AB or Asus utility will not let you via software either (due to lack of voltage control on a non-ref card). you could though, mod the voltage and clocks on your reference card and mod the clocks only on your non-ref card (using RBE or software).

You can have separate clocks on your cards. It is a common misconception that the higher clocked card will down clock to the lower one but in reality the cards work independently. Hope this helps you out.
Huh? The card has provision for software overvolting.... otherwise i wouldn't have asked the question. Problem is, in tandem with the reference card, I can't use AB for either card's volts, but they both work in a single-card config. The clocks aren't an issue, as I have them running 850/1250 with no voltage increase.
post #48 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post
Huh? The card has provision for software overvolting.... otherwise i wouldn't have asked the question. Problem is, in tandem with the reference card, I can't use AB for either card's volts, but they both work in a single-card config. The clocks aren't an issue, as I have them running 850/1250 with no voltage increase.
Gotcha. Sorry, i missed the original question . If the card has software to modify the voltage than you can use it for the nonreference card. What you may have to do (to get voltage tweaks for both the card in tandem) would be to modify the reference card voltage in AB (make sure the 'Synchronise settings for similar graphics processors' check box is unchecked) and modify voltage for the nonref card using the program that came with the card.

I hope this helps.
SFF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k ASUS P8Z77-I ASUS GTX 570 Samsung (2 x 4gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 SSD Corsair F120 SSD Samsung 840 SSD Corsair F40 SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
None Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Home 23" LG W2340 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HHKB Professional 2 Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W CM 120 Elite Sidewinder X5 Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
RAZER Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
SFF
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k ASUS P8Z77-I ASUS GTX 570 Samsung (2 x 4gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 SSD Corsair F120 SSD Samsung 840 SSD Corsair F40 SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
None Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Home 23" LG W2340 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HHKB Professional 2 Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W CM 120 Elite Sidewinder X5 Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
RAZER Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigrobbyrob View Post
What you may have to do (to get voltage tweaks for both the card in tandem) would be to modify the reference card voltage in AB (make sure the 'Synchronise settings for similar graphics processors' check box is unchecked) and modify voltage for the nonref card using the program that came with the card.

I hope this helps.
I've actually tried this, but the master card is the Asus, so trying to modify volts on the reference card goes to a delayed BSOD. Kinda weird.
post #50 of 52
Helllo .
Happy new year !

I have a question . Where i can modifi the voltage for memori ?. 1.1 to 1.25 i need !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [UPDATED] Modify your ATI bios using RBE