Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › CM 690 II or Storm Sniper?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CM 690 II or Storm Sniper?

Poll Results: CM 690 II with Clear Side or Storm Sniper?

 
  • 55% (24)
    CM 690 II
  • 44% (19)
    CM Storm Sniper
43 Total Votes  
post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Hey all, buying a new case for my sig rig, and I was wondering whch you guys thought was a better case for cooling and wire management?

If I get the CM 690 II, I would be getting the clear side panel and adding a second 140mm top exhaust fan...thanks all!
Devastator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ARock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX570 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Spinpoint F3 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Home Basic Acer 23" Widescreen LCD X233H 
PowerCase
XFX 750W Black Edition CM690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
Devastator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ARock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX570 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Spinpoint F3 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Home Basic Acer 23" Widescreen LCD X233H 
PowerCase
XFX 750W Black Edition CM690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 24
I dont have any experience with the 690 II. However the 230mm fans on the top/front of the sniper provide plenty of air circulation. If you have the standard mesh side that has the other 230mm fan obviously you get even better air circulation.

The cable management on the sniper is pretty damn easy without having to mod the case. the cables from the front panel are plenty long enough to run behind the mobo tray. There is also plenty of room for the longer video cards.

*edit if you click the link in my sick you can see what my cable management looks like. the 780i isn't the best designed board when dealing with cable management unfortunately so I decided to route the E-sata and dvd cable up and over the big gap as opposed to behind the mobo.
post #3 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aawa View Post
I dont have any experience with the 690 II. However the 230mm fans on the top/front of the sniper provide plenty of air circulation. If you have the standard mesh side that has the other 230mm fan obviously you get even better air circulation.

The cable management on the sniper is pretty damn easy without having to mod the case. the cables from the front panel are plenty long enough to run behind the mobo tray. There is also plenty of room for the longer video cards.

*edit if you click the link in my sick you can see what my cable management looks like. the 780i isn't the best designed board when dealing with cable management unfortunately so I decided to route the E-sata and dvd cable up and over the big gap as opposed to behind the mobo.
that looks pretty good...ive read a little about the hdd cage on the sniper basically cutting off the airflow of the front fan, do you think its true and that if i have only a single hdd i should remove it altogether?
Devastator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ARock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX570 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Spinpoint F3 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Home Basic Acer 23" Widescreen LCD X233H 
PowerCase
XFX 750W Black Edition CM690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
Devastator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ARock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX570 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Spinpoint F3 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Home Basic Acer 23" Widescreen LCD X233H 
PowerCase
XFX 750W Black Edition CM690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 24
Thread Starter 
anyone else with any input?
Devastator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ARock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX570 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Spinpoint F3 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Home Basic Acer 23" Widescreen LCD X233H 
PowerCase
XFX 750W Black Edition CM690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
Devastator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ARock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX570 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Spinpoint F3 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Home Basic Acer 23" Widescreen LCD X233H 
PowerCase
XFX 750W Black Edition CM690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 24
I would say the sniper. its a much bigger case, has more features, looks better, more complete as in you dont need to buy fans.
4-year build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 @ 4GHz 1.27v (LOAD) EVGA 750i SLI EVGA GTX 460 768MB SC @ 870/1075 G.SKILL PI Black 4GB 4-4-4-12 850MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Blue Caviar 320GB Windows 7 x64 DELL SE198WFP ThermalTake TR2 430w 
Case
It's a table!! 
  hide details  
Reply
4-year build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 @ 4GHz 1.27v (LOAD) EVGA 750i SLI EVGA GTX 460 768MB SC @ 870/1075 G.SKILL PI Black 4GB 4-4-4-12 850MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Blue Caviar 320GB Windows 7 x64 DELL SE198WFP ThermalTake TR2 430w 
Case
It's a table!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by inflikted View Post
that looks pretty good...ive read a little about the hdd cage on the sniper basically cutting off the airflow of the front fan, do you think its true and that if i have only a single hdd i should remove it altogether?
I have a 64gig SSD and 2 500gig seagate drives in the drive cage. I put my hand in the case and I can feel the air that is being pulled in from the front fan. There is plenty of space between the hard drives that the circulation isn't compromised.
post #7 of 24
Both are great, go with the one you like more or get the one which costs less.
post #8 of 24
Sniper. Bigger is better
post #9 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kora04 View Post
I would say the sniper. its a much bigger case, has more features, looks better, more complete as in you dont need to buy fans.
yeah, makes sense, those huge fans in the sniper seem like they move alot of air, plus has the fan controller
Devastator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ARock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX570 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Spinpoint F3 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Home Basic Acer 23" Widescreen LCD X233H 
PowerCase
XFX 750W Black Edition CM690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
Devastator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ARock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX570 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Spinpoint F3 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Home Basic Acer 23" Widescreen LCD X233H 
PowerCase
XFX 750W Black Edition CM690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blocparty12 View Post
Sniper. Bigger is better
thats what she said,..lol jk

thanks
Devastator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ARock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX570 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Spinpoint F3 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Home Basic Acer 23" Widescreen LCD X233H 
PowerCase
XFX 750W Black Edition CM690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
Devastator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ARock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX570 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Spinpoint F3 1TB Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Home Basic Acer 23" Widescreen LCD X233H 
PowerCase
XFX 750W Black Edition CM690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › CM 690 II or Storm Sniper?