Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [GD] The 37 Or So Ingredients In A Twinkie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GD] The 37 Or So Ingredients In A Twinkie - Page 2

post #11 of 27
Oh no it has all the ingredients of a cake!
post #12 of 27
Has anybody had fried twinkies? Those are a delicacy!
T3k
(13 items)
 
The Tibaldi
(9 items)
 
WooJoo
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3210 h77 HD4000 GeForce 640 LE 
RAMHard DriveOSOS
4gb of something 5400rpm slowness 13.04 Ubuntu x64  Windows 8 Pro 
Monitor
1920x1080 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965 BE 4.0GHZ (250 x 15.5) @1.5V m2n32 sli deluxe - 2000mhz @ 1.3V Asus TOP 5850 1GB 950/1200 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Velociraptor 150GB, WD raptor 74gb TDK 880N DVDRW Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Westinghouse 22" lcd 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek eclipse II Corsair 620W modular Cooler Master ATCS 840 black emprex 
  hide details  
Reply
T3k
(13 items)
 
The Tibaldi
(9 items)
 
WooJoo
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3210 h77 HD4000 GeForce 640 LE 
RAMHard DriveOSOS
4gb of something 5400rpm slowness 13.04 Ubuntu x64  Windows 8 Pro 
Monitor
1920x1080 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965 BE 4.0GHZ (250 x 15.5) @1.5V m2n32 sli deluxe - 2000mhz @ 1.3V Asus TOP 5850 1GB 950/1200 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Velociraptor 150GB, WD raptor 74gb TDK 880N DVDRW Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Westinghouse 22" lcd 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek eclipse II Corsair 620W modular Cooler Master ATCS 840 black emprex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeodorant View Post
I've never eaten a twinkie in my whole life. I think he's cheating a bit, though. They don't really contain elemental iron, do they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG363 View Post
I've had one. It was decent. You need iron though. Ground up frosted mini-wheats and put a magnet to it. You'll get iron, and plenty of it
This is true. I did it in chem lab 1st semester last year. There's ~1g of metallic iron in 28g of Total cereal.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 27
If ppl just stayed away from the corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup you'd be fine... Drink cranberry juice and clean water, you're good to go.
Jack out the box
(17 items)
 
Back-up Beauty
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8350 Gigabyte 990FX UD3 R5 Sapphire RX 480 reference Corsair Dominator Platinums 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256GB Samsung 840 Pro 1TB WD Black LG dvd+r Custom water loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windoze 7 Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD USB generic SeaSonic X750 GOLD 85+ 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
MicroCool Banchetto 101 tech station Razer Diamondback epic galaxy deep space render E-MU 
Other
This rig is awesome :) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 185 ASUS A8N32_SLI Deluxe eVGA GTX 950 2GB 16GB DDR1 Samsung UCCC 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 640 GB Western digital Caviar Black 120GB Crucial M4 SSD Generic DVD+R, SATA Corsair tower cooler, generic. Not very good, b... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 52" Sony Bravia 1080p Logitech K400 wireless kb/mouse Corsair TX650, 2011+ model 
CaseAudio
Modded Antec 902 On-board 
  hide details  
Reply
Jack out the box
(17 items)
 
Back-up Beauty
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8350 Gigabyte 990FX UD3 R5 Sapphire RX 480 reference Corsair Dominator Platinums 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256GB Samsung 840 Pro 1TB WD Black LG dvd+r Custom water loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windoze 7 Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD USB generic SeaSonic X750 GOLD 85+ 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
MicroCool Banchetto 101 tech station Razer Diamondback epic galaxy deep space render E-MU 
Other
This rig is awesome :) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 185 ASUS A8N32_SLI Deluxe eVGA GTX 950 2GB 16GB DDR1 Samsung UCCC 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 640 GB Western digital Caviar Black 120GB Crucial M4 SSD Generic DVD+R, SATA Corsair tower cooler, generic. Not very good, b... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 52" Sony Bravia 1080p Logitech K400 wireless kb/mouse Corsair TX650, 2011+ model 
CaseAudio
Modded Antec 902 On-board 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
agreed. There is nothing wrong with enjoying the food you love. You need to be careful not to over indulge is all. And if you find yourself doing that then either cut back, start working out a bit (maybe even just running), or both! You shouldnt restrict yourself from enjoying life. It's asinine.

A little more on topic - I never liked Twinkies. Just not my thing I guess. Im very picky about cake-foods. I either love it or hate it. Though that photography is pretty cool though.
I agree, I believe in moderation. It's okay to over indulge yourself once in a while, once in a while wont mean the difference when it comes to a heart attack or not. What I dont get though is these people that eat nothing but healthy foods than say that it will make you live a longer life. There's all kinds of stuff that kills you that does more damage than food, radiation coming from everything electric that we use, the air we breath, car accident's, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I just dont see why some people take one of the best things out of their life (amazing food) just because they think it'll do a whole lot for their health. I know this is off topic but I feel as though the main thing that will determine how long someone will live is genetics. The oldest person lived to be 122 I believe and she smoked cigarettes, drank wine, and ate a pound of cheese every week if that says anything......
My Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 965BE @ 3.4GHz Gigabyte Nvidia GTX260 216 2X2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB WD HDD & 250GB WD HDD Windows 7 Asus VH 23" LED LCD Logitech Media 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Sparkle 550w CM690 MS Intellimouse 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
My Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 965BE @ 3.4GHz Gigabyte Nvidia GTX260 216 2X2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB WD HDD & 250GB WD HDD Windows 7 Asus VH 23" LED LCD Logitech Media 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Sparkle 550w CM690 MS Intellimouse 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
I agree, I believe in moderation. It's okay to over indulge yourself once in a while, once in a while wont mean the difference when it comes to a heart attack or not. What I dont get though is these people that eat nothing but healthy foods than say that it will make you live a longer life. There's all kinds of stuff that kills you that does more damage than food, radiation coming from everything electric that we use, the air we breath, car accident's, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
The problem isn't whether or not the food is unhealthy for you (generally speaking). If you're such a health freak that you absolutely refuse to eat things like bacon, ice cream, and cake, and instead live off of tofu and salad, then I can't really do anything but feel sorry for you.

The problem is in the way the food is grown and processed. Let's take something as simple as fruits for example. Here in the US, fruits are genetically modified to grow big, fed hormones so they grow and ripen fast, fertilized with manure from livestock that has been fed even more hormones, covered in WAY more pesticide than necessary so that they look good, and picked before they are ripe so that they can ripen on the truck on the way to the supermarket, giving them more time to sell each batch. All of these things combined take away at least half of their nutrients, give you some unwanted "side effects" (like animal growth hormone), AND make them taste like complete crap. And "organic" doesn't necessarily mean it's any better (there are a million different loopholes around marketing something as organic). Ask anyone who's eaten fruit here and fruit in a country that doesn't do all of this (Puerto Rico, Peru, Lebanon, ...) and they'll all tell you that American fruit can't compare.

And this same mentality applies to almost all food produced here. There are plenty of exceptions of course, but generally speaking all the ingredients that you buy at a supermarket or are put into food - especially prepackaged stuff - isn't really everything you think it is.
Edited by Manyak - 6/10/10 at 11:15pm
Server
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3470 ASRock Z77 Extreme6 16 GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1600 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
4TB WD Caviar Red Cooler Master Hyper 212+ VMWare ESXi NZXT Crafted Series Tempest 410 
OtherOtherOther
LSI 9280-16i4e RAID Card Intel I350 Quad Port Gigabit NIC Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port Gigabit NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
Server
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3470 ASRock Z77 Extreme6 16 GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1600 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
4TB WD Caviar Red Cooler Master Hyper 212+ VMWare ESXi NZXT Crafted Series Tempest 410 
OtherOtherOther
LSI 9280-16i4e RAID Card Intel I350 Quad Port Gigabit NIC Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port Gigabit NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwishaMane View Post
If ppl just stayed away from the corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup you'd be fine... Drink cranberry juice and clean water, you're good to go.
i only drink water and cranberry juice...and beer of course
The Dark Knight
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.2 EVGA 780i A1 HD 5850 4 x 2 gb gskill ddr2-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Sandisk SSD Raptor X WD Caviar ASUS 20x DVD-RW 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Pro 64bit Westinghouse 22" Logitec G11 Rosewill 950 watt 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900 Logitec G9 Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry Textbook 
  hide details  
Reply
The Dark Knight
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.2 EVGA 780i A1 HD 5850 4 x 2 gb gskill ddr2-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Sandisk SSD Raptor X WD Caviar ASUS 20x DVD-RW 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Pro 64bit Westinghouse 22" Logitec G11 Rosewill 950 watt 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900 Logitec G9 Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry Textbook 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyak View Post
The problem isn't whether or not the food is unhealthy for you (generally speaking). If you're such a health freak that you absolutely refuse to eat things like bacon, ice cream, and cake, and instead live off of tofu and salad, then I can't really do anything but feel sorry for you.

The problem is in the way the food is grown and processed. Let's take something as simple as fruits for example. Here in the US, fruits are genetically modified to grow big, fed hormones so they grow and ripen fast, fertilized with manure from livestock that has been fed even more hormones, covered in WAY more pesticide than necessary so that they look good, and picked before they are ripe so that they can ripen on the truck on the way to the supermarket, giving them more time to sell each batch. All of these things combined take away at least half of their nutrients, give you some unwanted "side effects" (like animal growth hormone), AND make them taste like complete crap. And "organic" doesn't necessarily mean it's any better (there are a million different loopholes around marketing something as organic). Ask anyone who's eaten fruit here and fruit in a country that doesn't do all of this (Puerto Rico, Peru, Lebanon, ...) and they'll all tell you that American fruit can't compare.

And this same mentality applies to almost all food produced here. There are plenty of exceptions of course, but generally speaking all the ingredients that you buy at a supermarket or are put into food - especially prepackaged stuff - isn't really everything you think it is.
That animal growth hormone thing made me think of something:

This is an HONEST QUESTION: I'm not sure if you've noticed but girls have been getting quite large breasts earlier on in life than in past decades. I used to live by my high school and when it was lunch hour and the girls would walk past my kitchen window my dad would always say "they never looked like that when I was that age!" and I tend to agree. Look at old photos, movies, etc. and you'll see a large difference. Girls are looking much older, younger. Often times I'll see an attractive young girl with large C's and then only to really look and see that they're 12 or 13 years old at the most. Do you believe that this is because of animal growth hormone or processed food in general?

After watching Food Inc., I think I'll steal that quotel; "The way we eat has changed more in the last 50 years than in the last 10,000 years." Do you think that this has contributed to the rapid physical development of young females?
Derp Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1800X AX370-Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 16GB Dark Pro 3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + 2TB Firecuda NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro Predator XB271 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 5 (MX Red) EVGA 850 P2 NZXT S340 Elite Razer DeathAdder Elite 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Manticor Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Derp Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1800X AX370-Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 16GB Dark Pro 3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + 2TB Firecuda NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro Predator XB271 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 5 (MX Red) EVGA 850 P2 NZXT S340 Elite Razer DeathAdder Elite 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Manticor Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by francesthemutes View Post
That animal growth hormone thing made me think of something:

This is an HONEST QUESTION: I'm not sure if you've noticed but girls have been getting quite large breasts earlier on in life than in past decades. I used to live by my high school and when it was lunch hour and the girls would walk past my kitchen window my dad would always say "they never looked like that when I was that age!" and I tend to agree. Look at old photos, movies, etc. and you'll see a large difference. Girls are looking much older, younger. Often times I'll see an attractive young girl with large C's and then only to really look and see that they're 12 or 13 years old at the most. Do you believe that this is because of animal growth hormone or processed food in general?

After watching Food Inc., I think I'll steal that quotel; "The way we eat has changed more in the last 50 years than in the last 10,000 years." Do you think that this has contributed to the rapid physical development of young females?
No. Do you really think they'd let ingredients used that alter the human body? There are any number of reasons this could be happening where you live. Don't just jump to conclusions.
Edited by voice - 6/11/10 at 12:47am
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
Nothing wrong with those ingredients and whats so special about being a health nut? You're going to die someday and everything is bad for you, you're better off eating what you want for the most part and being happy.
It's about quality of life before you die. Not to mention prolonging it.


    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Duo e8400 @ 4.2Ghz 1.37v eVGA Nforce 780i GTX465 + 9600gt Mushkin 4 Gigz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB WD Black, Seagate 250GB + 400GB WD external ASUS VW266H ~ 26" 1200p MS X6 Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXStream 700W CM Stacker Hustler mag 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Duo e8400 @ 4.2Ghz 1.37v eVGA Nforce 780i GTX465 + 9600gt Mushkin 4 Gigz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB WD Black, Seagate 250GB + 400GB WD external ASUS VW266H ~ 26" 1200p MS X6 Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXStream 700W CM Stacker Hustler mag 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [GD] The 37 Or So Ingredients In A Twinkie