Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Radeon 9250 or geforce fx 5500
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Radeon 9250 or geforce fx 5500

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
My price range is around $100 right now and I found these two cards.The 9250 is 256mb and the 5500 is 128mb.I think I'm going to get the 5500 but if you guys think the 9250 is better let me know.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
intel p4 (478) asus P4S8X-MX XP Pro Dell 15" lcd & KDS 17"crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell stock 450w aspire q-pack logitech optical 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
intel p4 (478) asus P4S8X-MX XP Pro Dell 15" lcd & KDS 17"crt 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell stock 450w aspire q-pack logitech optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 16
I would go for the fx5500, i have one in my old rig and i can play most games on med-low.
Overdue Speed
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 @ 3.0Ghz Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4870X2 3x2GB G.Skill DDR1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x640GB Western Digital Black Samsung Windows Vista 64-Bit BenQ V2400W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair 750TX Antec Twelve Hundred G7 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Overdue Speed
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 @ 3.0Ghz Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4870X2 3x2GB G.Skill DDR1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x640GB Western Digital Black Samsung Windows Vista 64-Bit BenQ V2400W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair 750TX Antec Twelve Hundred G7 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_pioneer
My price range is around $100 right now and I found these two cards.The 9250 is 256mb and the 5500 is 128mb.I think I'm going to get the 5500 but if you guys think the 9250 is better let me know.
Hi there.

If you have USD$100.00 for an AGP graphics/video card now you can do alot better than those you list. A couple below for you to consider

SAPPHIRE 9600XT..here..USD$87.00

ASUS geforce 6600..here..USD$97.00

POWERCOLOUR 9800PRO..here..USD$109.00

for the lowest mark I would go would be

HIS 9550..here..USD$60.00


cheers............. hope it helps you out
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+Sandiego KACAE DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D 2 x eVGA6600GT 256Mb 2x512Mb TCCD 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
WD 80Gb SATAII XP Puss Pro Logiteck Multimedia Enermax Noisetaker 485W 
CaseMouse
XG Quantum - modified Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+Sandiego KACAE DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D 2 x eVGA6600GT 256Mb 2x512Mb TCCD 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
WD 80Gb SATAII XP Puss Pro Logiteck Multimedia Enermax Noisetaker 485W 
CaseMouse
XG Quantum - modified Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by xie67
Hi there.

If you have USD$100.00 for an AGP graphics/video card now you can do alot better than those you list. A couple below for you to consider

SAPPHIRE 9600XT..here..USD$87.00

ASUS geforce 6600..here..USD$97.00

POWERCOLOUR 9800PRO..here..USD$109.00

for the lowest mark I would go would be

HIS 9550..here..USD$60.00


cheers............. hope it helps you out

I really would get the ATI 9800 PRO its not that much more and is a really good card
post #5 of 16
^^^^^^^^^^ I would choose it too from the one's I list but just giving him a couple of different price point options.

cheers
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+Sandiego KACAE DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D 2 x eVGA6600GT 256Mb 2x512Mb TCCD 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
WD 80Gb SATAII XP Puss Pro Logiteck Multimedia Enermax Noisetaker 485W 
CaseMouse
XG Quantum - modified Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3700+Sandiego KACAE DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D 2 x eVGA6600GT 256Mb 2x512Mb TCCD 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
WD 80Gb SATAII XP Puss Pro Logiteck Multimedia Enermax Noisetaker 485W 
CaseMouse
XG Quantum - modified Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 16
FOR AGP GET THE SAPPHIRE READON X1600PRO AGP FOR 114$ USD from newegg. It has sm3, avivo and 256mb gddr2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102666

Brand SAPPHIRE
Model 100148L
Chipset
GPU Radeon X1600PRO
Core clock 500MHz
PixelPipelines 12
Memory
Memory Clock 800MHz
Memory Size 256MB
Memory Interface 128-bit
Memory Type GDDR2
3D API
DirectX DirectX 9
OpenGL OpenGL 2.0
Interface
Interface AGP 4X/8X
Ports
D-SUB 1
DVI 1
TV-Out HDTV/S-Video/Composite Out
VIVO No
General
Tuner None
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Max Resolution 2048x1536@85Hz
Cooler Heatsink and Fan
Operating Systems Supported Windows 2000/XP
Features
Features Avivo™ Technology
Smoothvision HD
Adaptive AA
Vido acceleration of :MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, WMV9, VC-1, and H.264
Packaging
Package Contents S-Video to AV Adapter
Drivers CD
Manual
HDTV Cable
S-Video Cable
Composite Cable
DVI to VGA Adapter
post #7 of 16
I would get the X1600PRO

Whats your processor and ram? We dont want a big bottleneck.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHZ Intel 945PM Chipset Nvidia Go 7900GS@420/1100 2 Gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
60 gig 5400RPM Hitachi Windows Xp Home Dell 17' Lcd Panal Wxga+ Dell Laptop Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
90W Dell Dell Inspiron E1705 Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHZ Intel 945PM Chipset Nvidia Go 7900GS@420/1100 2 Gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
60 gig 5400RPM Hitachi Windows Xp Home Dell 17' Lcd Panal Wxga+ Dell Laptop Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
90W Dell Dell Inspiron E1705 Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by uTunes
FOR AGP GET THE SAPPHIRE READON X1600PRO AGP FOR 114$ USD from newegg. It has sm3, avivo and 256mb gddr2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102666

Brand SAPPHIRE
Model 100148L
Chipset
GPU Radeon X1600PRO
Core clock 500MHz
PixelPipelines 12
Memory
Memory Clock 800MHz
Memory Size 256MB
Memory Interface 128-bit
Memory Type GDDR2
3D API
DirectX DirectX 9
OpenGL OpenGL 2.0
Interface
Interface AGP 4X/8X
Ports
D-SUB 1
DVI 1
TV-Out HDTV/S-Video/Composite Out
VIVO No
General
Tuner None
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Max Resolution 2048x1536@85Hz
Cooler Heatsink and Fan
Operating Systems Supported Windows 2000/XP
Features
Features Avivo™ Technology
Smoothvision HD
Adaptive AA
Vido acceleration of :MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, WMV9, VC-1, and H.264
Packaging
Package Contents S-Video to AV Adapter
Drivers CD
Manual
HDTV Cable
S-Video Cable
Composite Cable
DVI to VGA Adapter

Nice find i forgot that America is a cheaper place to buy things compared to england..If i came to America with GBP i would nearly double my money.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701
Nice find i forgot that America is a cheaper place to buy things compared to england..If i can to America with GBP i would nearly double my money.
No it would'nt its roughly 2usd to 1gbp
devil's canyon
(18 items)
 
presler
(15 items)
 
haswell
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Gigabyte Z97 MX-G5 ZOTAC 1060 AMP! 6Gb 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
ADATA 128Gb NVMe Seagate Video 500Gb Phobya UC-2LT Plexi XSPC X4 Tank Combo 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Nexxxos XT45 280 2x AC F14 PWM Win 10 Pro BenQ GL2250HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry compact Corsair CX750M Bitfenix Pandora Core Corsair Sabre RGB 
AudioOther
Realtek ALC1150 Aten CS682 KVM 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium D 915  Dell USFF Intel GMA 950 4gb Corsair ddr2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Caviar 80gb sata II  Slim dvd rw Stock Copper Heatpipe  2x 60mm Sunnon fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
XP sp2 BenQ GL2250HM Logitech k400 220W external 
CaseMouseAudio
Optiplex USFF w/ cable cover Logitech k400 Onboard SoundMAX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790 Gigabyte H97N-wifi Zotac GTX 750Ti 16gb Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Integral 480gb ssd AC Freezer i30 Win 10 Pro BenQ GL2250HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry compact Corsair CX550M Fractal Design Core 500 Logitech B100 
Mouse PadAudioOther
venom gaming surface Realtek onboard Aten CS682 KVM 
  hide details  
Reply
devil's canyon
(18 items)
 
presler
(15 items)
 
haswell
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K Gigabyte Z97 MX-G5 ZOTAC 1060 AMP! 6Gb 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
ADATA 128Gb NVMe Seagate Video 500Gb Phobya UC-2LT Plexi XSPC X4 Tank Combo 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Nexxxos XT45 280 2x AC F14 PWM Win 10 Pro BenQ GL2250HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry compact Corsair CX750M Bitfenix Pandora Core Corsair Sabre RGB 
AudioOther
Realtek ALC1150 Aten CS682 KVM 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium D 915  Dell USFF Intel GMA 950 4gb Corsair ddr2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Caviar 80gb sata II  Slim dvd rw Stock Copper Heatpipe  2x 60mm Sunnon fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
XP sp2 BenQ GL2250HM Logitech k400 220W external 
CaseMouseAudio
Optiplex USFF w/ cable cover Logitech k400 Onboard SoundMAX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790 Gigabyte H97N-wifi Zotac GTX 750Ti 16gb Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Integral 480gb ssd AC Freezer i30 Win 10 Pro BenQ GL2250HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry compact Corsair CX550M Fractal Design Core 500 Logitech B100 
Mouse PadAudioOther
venom gaming surface Realtek onboard Aten CS682 KVM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
No it would'nt its roughly 2usd to 1gbp
Yeah you have just said what i have said..You pretty much double your money lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Radeon 9250 or geforce fx 5500