I ran into the same problem, I had tried to change too many settings at once, or on too many different componets.
follow this to the letter
it should solve your problem, it solved mine.
Turn on your computer (heheheh)
- Load defaut settings and REBOOT
- Go to cput config, change hyper transport to 3X AND disable cool and quite (it is is enabled)
- Go to cput config, DRAM config, change memory to DDR266
- Change memory timigs to 3 4 4 8 (most likely 3 8 4 4 depending where the "big number" is, my a8n premium was 3 8 4 4)
- Go to Jumper free configuration, change overclock to manual
- Change multiplier to 10X
- change cpu voltaget to 1.4
- change pci clcok to 33.33
- got to jumper free config and increase FSB by increments of 5 (yes FIVE) MHZ NO MORE, (i made that mistake more than once.
USE YOUR JUDGEMENT AND COMMON SENSE
: I did not want my temps to reach or go over 65 celcius so i stopped oc at 2750 with stock cooling. I did not want voltage to go over 1.46, it is up to you to decide how far you want to push depending on your cooling solution. do not go over 2800 with the stock fan, i know it may be able to handle it but under load, your temps will skyrocket(i know mine did!!!.
Hey HardwaterH4ck3r, How did you build your own case??