Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Other Cooling Discussions › Compressed Air?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Compressed Air? - Page 2

post #11 of 40
Compressed air isnt conductive and it doesnt have water in it...
You're thinking of CO2 where people turn the can upside down and shoot the liquid into the fan, making the heatsink cold and lowering temps. Some people have done it for something to do because it can give you fast results for suicide shots etc. Its not very safe because you're spraying a form of liquid at your computer and if it doesnt turn to gas fast enough it could be problems. The compressor wont do much of anything. Dont shoot it at your computer because it will ruin your fans if you force that much air through them and you risk blowing mosfets etc off your motherboard if its close enough. You can use it to clean out your heatsinks and stuff though, to remove the dust.
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 40
150PSI is quite a bit, I use that much pressure to shoot potatoes with my pneumatic cannon You could blow parts out of your computer with that. I also noticed that you called it a "thingy" so I am willing to bet you don't have much experience with whatever this thing is, so don't go breaking anything.
post #13 of 40
Thread Starter 
*****!!!

he means the humitity in our air, not like a bucket of water.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.5ghz Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 XP Pro Corperate Philips 17 inch CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Fellowes Ergonomic 480W Tt Butterfly Thermaltake Swing Microsoft Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.5ghz Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 XP Pro Corperate Philips 17 inch CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Fellowes Ergonomic 480W Tt Butterfly Thermaltake Swing Microsoft Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyGuy1788
150PSI is quite a bit, I use that much pressure to shoot potatoes with my pneumatic cannon You could blow parts out of your computer with that. I also noticed that you called it a "thingy" so I am willing to bet you don't have much experience with whatever this thing is, so don't go breaking anything.
i called it an "thingy" because today i have the attention span of a ferett on crystal meth

and NO i would not use all 150psi, maybe like 50 or something (whatever is alot of air but won't blow my motherboard through the side of the case lmao )
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.5ghz Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 XP Pro Corperate Philips 17 inch CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Fellowes Ergonomic 480W Tt Butterfly Thermaltake Swing Microsoft Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.5ghz Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 XP Pro Corperate Philips 17 inch CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Fellowes Ergonomic 480W Tt Butterfly Thermaltake Swing Microsoft Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkobra
*** are you talking about? case fans dont blow water all over your system...
moisture naturally found in air.... well when you compress air with a typical compressor, it just sucks in outside air, compresses it and shoots it out at with high pressure... lol its not like it adds water to it...
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbasil1
moisture naturally found in air.... well when you compress air with a typical compressor, it just sucks in outside air, compresses it and shoots it out at with high pressure... lol its not like it adds water to it...
but theres water from it all anyways, thats the point im tryinna make her >_>.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 3700+ @ 3.0 DFI lan P UT Ultra-D Win XP Pro liquidvideo 17" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
a wal mart one truepower 2 550W Sunbeam Transformer razer diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardOSMonitor
Athlon 64 3700+ @ 3.0 DFI lan P UT Ultra-D Win XP Pro liquidvideo 17" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
a wal mart one truepower 2 550W Sunbeam Transformer razer diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigval
Compressed air isnt conductive and it doesnt have water in it...
You're thinking of CO2 where people turn the can upside down and shoot the liquid into the fan, making the heatsink cold and lowering temps. Some people have done it for something to do because it can give you fast results for suicide shots etc. Its not very safe because you're spraying a form of liquid at your computer and if it doesnt turn to gas fast enough it could be problems. The compressor wont do much of anything. Dont shoot it at your computer because it will ruin your fans if you force that much air through them and you risk blowing mosfets etc off your motherboard if its close enough. You can use it to clean out your heatsinks and stuff though, to remove the dust.
Did anybody read this? ^^
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed
i called it an "thingy" because today i have the attention span of a ferett on crystal meth

and NO i would not use all 150psi, maybe like 50 or something (whatever is alot of air but won't blow my motherboard through the side of the case lmao )
So what is it, a compressor, a tank, or what? I am actually in the market for a new compressor.
post #19 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkobra
but theres water from it all anyways, thats the point im tryinna make her >_>.
from what? where is the water coming from? im not sure what your talking about, when you blow compressed air on something its not gonna blow water on it also... if you see a liquid coming out a little bit, its more likely to be oil....



Bigval, i read it and it is all good... you summed it up quite well
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyGuy1788
So what is it, a compressor, a tank, or what? I am actually in the market for a new compressor.
lowes had some good sales on their 50gal compressor/tanks.... only a few hundred...makes quick work for changin tires and dusting!
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Gamer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A99FX-Pro MSI GTX980 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 4x4gb 1934mhz @ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 500GB Thermaltake Water 2.0 Windows 10 LG 27" 4k 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Huntkey X7 900w Thermaltake Urban S31 Logitech G500 Rocketfish Knockoff of Razer propad 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 & G430 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Cooling Discussions
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Other Cooling Discussions › Compressed Air?